LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 2 2015

NAM

Network Load Balancing

Is load balancing applicable in Lebanon ? can we have 2 or more land lines and subscribe to many internet plans at once ? this is highly beneficial since we can combine these to get a better connection. so again can this be done in Lebanon ?

#2 April 3 2015

MrClass

Re: Network Load Balancing

I think this is doable. You can make a linux based load balancer and use that as your gateway

#3 April 3 2015

mhamadhdb

you can subscribe to a local cable guy, as many as you want of accounts and do load balancing in pfsense or mikrotik

#4 April 4 2015

NAM

mhamadhdb wrote:

you can subscribe to a local cable guy, as many as you want of accounts and do load balancing in pfsense or mikrotik

Since no one seems to actually know .. i'll ask on tuesday lol .. also there are router that simplify the balancing for you.

#5 April 5 2015

DNA

yes it can be done in Lebanon, you need to subscribe to a cloud load balancing service download their software and you are done, you  can easily do it using your own pc or a load balancing router, or as mohammadhdb said but  you will only work on one connection at a time you can't combine them since they are on two different IP's you will only benefit maybe when downloading torrents or downloading from servers that support multi-connections, while cloud load balancing is basically a way for the server to see all of your connections as a single IP that's the closest you can get to combining connections

#6 April 5 2015

mokhtar

I can also suggest load balancers from "Peplink", they work really well.

#7 April 5 2015

NAM

@DNA and @mokhtar thx for the information.

I was looking through youtube and found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDUfP8a5zNY  .. maybe it will help more "solves the ip problem".

Now the real question i meant to ask is:
multiple connections mean multiple phones lines "correct me if i am wrong" so Can I subscribe from ogero to many land lines for this purpose ?

#8 April 5 2015

mokhtar

Yes you would have to get multiple telephone lines.
I don't see a reason Ogero would not provide you more than one telephone line except for availability, of if they have a policy against it.

Then you would have to get one more ADSL modem and subscription for each additional line.

#9 April 5 2015

DNA

No the video you saw doesn't in anyway solve this problem, as i previously mentioned you can only use this type of load balancing if the server support multi connections, i really don't know which sites or applications do not support it . but the problem is there.

check out this speedify.com, exactly what i was talking about, basically all your traffic is routed to their servers then to the destination. by doing that destination server sees only 1 ip address.

regarding ogero, i really have no idea but from what i know they need  "2ifedit sakan" so maybe you can only have 1 line to each property unless it is a business, i might be wrong though easiest way to find out call 1515.

Last edited by DNA (April 5 2015)

#10 March 25 2021

Ari

hello everyone, i use a microwave internet at my place, but due to my new work, i need a stable internet from now on. i was considering to subscribe to ogero as well as my microwave internet. do you know any vendor who sells load balancing routers ? and if you recommend any brand over the other? i need the load balancer so if one network goes down, it will automatically switch me to the other.
(we are not that lucky to have starlink in lebanon yet)

#11 March 25 2021

bobo619

Ari wrote:

hello everyone, i use a microwave internet at my place, but due to my new work, i need a stable internet from now on. i was considering to subscribe to ogero as well as my microwave internet. do you know any vendor who sells load balancing routers ? and if you recommend any brand over the other? i need the load balancer so if one network goes down, it will automatically switch me to the other.
(we are not that lucky to have starlink in lebanon yet)

I use this https://ezonelb.com/product/tplink-load … -tl-r480t/ it is one of the best. Make sure to use normal load balancing if you want seemless transfer between connections as fail over mode have 30 seconds delay becore switching. If you want a more conveniant option get an Asus router or modem which is cheaper they support dual wan and plug a phone via usb and use 4G as it is always up.

Last edited by bobo619 (March 25 2021)

#12 March 30 2021

Ari

thank you for your kind answer

Board footer