LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 20 2021

MIchelHayek

Samsung Note5 Firmware

hello,

my cousin had a problem yesterday with the phone, it was working normally until yesterday, it asked for a network unlock code.
i tried many things but didn't work, then i tried to flash it with the stock firmware and here comes the big problem. the phone first had the model: SM-N920F, but in ODIN mode it said SM-N920T so i went with the T firmware which is from the US/T-Mobile and now its not asking for a code, its just saying your device needs to be unlocked. and i tried to change the firmware but didn't work at all. Any help please ?

#2 March 20 2021

AvoK95

Re: Samsung Note5 Firmware

Try the XDA Forums for custom ROMs that have the modems unlocked or maybe a firmware with a different modem that's compatible with yours.

#3 March 21 2021

Salloum

Use sammobile.com to get the 920F firmware...

#4 March 21 2021

agdroubi

Try flashing csc file from 920F firmware. Try XSG firmware which is for UAE.

#5 March 21 2021

MIchelHayek

i tried many firmware, nothing worked but the 920T, i tried the 920C which is for the middle east, still didn't work. can you guys provide me with links ?

Last edited by MIchelHayek (March 21 2021)

#6 March 21 2021

AvoK95

Do NOT flash the firmware that is not designated to your specific model number, you could hard brick the device to a point where the only way to fix it is to do a JTAG.

The factory firmware will have your modem locked and thus you have to use a custom ROM with a hacked modem to have it unlocked and be able to use your SIM.

Otherwise, you have to contact the carrier abroad for them to unlock it for you.

Last edited by AvoK95 (March 21 2021)

#7 March 21 2021

Flakk

If all else fails (stock roms), flash TWRP via odin and go for a custom rom from xda.

#8 March 21 2021

MIchelHayek

Salloum wrote:

agdroubi wrote:

i couldnt find ane 920F firmware

Last edited by MIchelHayek (March 21 2021)

#9 March 21 2021

MIchelHayek

AvoK95 wrote:

Do NOT flash the firmware that is not designated to your specific model number, you could hard brick the device to a point where the only way to fix it is to do a JTAG.

The factory firmware will have your modem locked and thus you have to use a custom ROM with a hacked modem to have it unlocked and be able to use your SIM.

Otherwise, you have to contact the carrier abroad for them to unlock it for you.

But when I used to turn on the phone it said SM_N920F, and when i tried to flash a firmware the first time it said N920T

#10 March 22 2021

AvoK95

MIchelHayek wrote:
Salloum wrote:

agdroubi wrote:

Here you go

MIchelHayek wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

But when I used to turn on the phone it said SM_N920F, and when i tried to flash a firmware the first time it said N920T

What carrier is your phone from? usually, they have a tramp stamp somewhere on the phone, maybe there's a sticker on the rear of the box. It is very important to flash the correct firmware and avoid flashing the wrong one.

#11 March 22 2021

MIchelHayek

AvoK95 wrote:
MIchelHayek wrote:
Salloum wrote:

agdroubi wrote:

Here you go

MIchelHayek wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

What carrier is your phone from? usually, they have a tramp stamp somewhere on the phone, maybe there's a sticker on the rear of the box. It is very important to flash the correct firmware and avoid flashing the wrong one.

SM-N920T is from TMobile USA
And btw the link you sent, it's N920i not F, it's confusing

Last edited by MIchelHayek (March 22 2021)

#12 March 22 2021

AvoK95

If you physically check your phone, is it a N920T?

#13 March 22 2021

MIchelHayek

AvoK95 wrote:

https://www.imei.info i checked here and the result was SM-N920T

Last edited by MIchelHayek (March 22 2021)

#14 March 23 2021

AvoK95

MIchelHayek wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

Then you need to flash the firmware for an N920T

#15 March 24 2021

MIchelHayek

AvoK95 wrote:
MIchelHayek wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

but there isnt any unlocked 920T

#16 March 24 2021

AvoK95

MIchelHayek wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:
MIchelHayek wrote:

but there isnt any unlocked 920T

And now you can read the first post I made suggesting you to check custom ROMs on XDA for a modified modem, otherwise you have to contact T-Mobile to unlock it for you.

#17 March 29 2021

Salloum

If the device is a 920T it means it's originally a T-Mobile smartphone and probably has a SIM lock on it. That means there's nothing you can do to unlock it yourself, you will need help from either T-Mobile themselves (in the country the device was purchased) or to contact these online services that can generate the unlocking codes. They typically cost a lot and there is no guarantee it can work. It's also most likely illegal.

#18 April 7 2021

MIchelHayek

okay thanks all

Board footer