LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#726 March 17 2021

xazbrat

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

Guitaret wrote:

Once I ordered a protein powder online, upon arrival, Liban Post refused to hand it over to me before I get a clearance from the Ministry Of Health that this product complies with some safety regulation. Please double-check this as well.

I have ordered protein powder and other supplements online with no issues so far.  I haven't had to deal with the not so bright people at Libanpost however as each time it had come through DHL.  Regular milk and infant milk shouldn't be too much of an issue IMO.   Just have to hope that you get someone with common sense to clear it at customs.

#727 March 17 2021

sero

ramy58 wrote:

You can now get the Aramex Shop & Ship Lifetime Membership for $1 instead of the usual price of $45. Use the promo code BESTMOM at checkout, the offer is valid till the 31st of March.

thanks a lot for sharing this! i just created my account and paid 1$

#728 March 17 2021

ramy58

sero wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

You can now get the Aramex Shop & Ship Lifetime Membership for $1 instead of the usual price of $45. Use the promo code BESTMOM at checkout, the offer is valid till the 31st of March.

thanks a lot for sharing this! i just created my account and paid 1$

You're welcome! Ironically, I didn't even see your post, I just saw the offer on Instagram today and had to share it with everyone here.

#729 March 17 2021

tricky

Aramex Shop & Ship.  When I try to locate an office am getting "Sorry, we are not available in this country.". And cant seem to find much information about the services in Lebanon

And thanks for sharing the $1 promo! Hopefully they are stick active in Lebanon lol

Just checked some of the guys invoice shared here, what is Inflation charges?

Last edited by tricky (March 17 2021)

#730 March 18 2021

ramy58

tricky wrote:

Aramex Shop & Ship.  When I try to locate an office am getting "Sorry, we are not available in this country.". And cant seem to find much information about the services in Lebanon

And thanks for sharing the $1 promo! Hopefully they are stick active in Lebanon lol

Just checked some of the guys invoice shared here, what is Inflation charges?

I'm guessing it's their way of compensating for the raise of the dollar if you want to pay in LBP

#731 March 18 2021

NuclearVision

it is, say 10usd for shipping they will charge you, 15000lbp and 25000 inflation charges

#732 March 23 2021

infiniteloop

It's good we can still buy stuff online, or else it would be the "cubanisation" of Lebanon, meaning we would have the same tech and cars for the 40 years to come while the whole world is evolving

#733 March 24 2021

nuclearcat

infiniteloop wrote:

It's good we can still buy stuff online, or else it would be the "cubanisation" of Lebanon, meaning we would have the same tech and cars for the 40 years to come while the whole world is evolving

It is just accelerating deterioration because of consumerism. Cubanization is inevitable.

#734 March 24 2021

DNA

infiniteloop wrote:

YOU can buy still but most of the people can't, so if the 10%(maybe less) have shiny cars next year that doesn't mean anything, it doesn't make the situation any better, and those are becoming less and less as we speak

#735 March 24 2021

infiniteloop

Did I say the situation is good?
All I have is 15$ per month with my bob card for internet, but some people can still import new stuff, it doesn't mean we are not in hell. We definitely need a revolution and put all our politicians in jail

#736 March 26 2021

elserge82

Guys I need help in shipping 2 woofers that weighs 33 Pounds. Shop and ship flex wont work, I contacted aramex they told me that they cannot ship packages that contains magnets.
I would appreciate your help in this matter based on your experience,
Thank you in advanced
Regards

#737 March 26 2021

TheIlluminative

Guys, I have around $800 in my account on Amazon and want to buy an iphone 12. How much will I have to pay in customs here in Lebanon? Is it worth it? Those $800 are from my lollars in the bank so much cheaper than buying one with fresh USD. But will customs be expensive?

Thanks a lot!

#738 March 26 2021

RandomMemory

whatever you pay it will be at 1500LBP. Most likely 100-150$ at 1500LBP so like 8-10$ USD

#739 March 27 2021

infiniteloop

TheIlluminative wrote:

Guys, I have around $800 in my account on Amazon and want to buy an iphone 12. How much will I have to pay in customs here in Lebanon? Is it worth it? Those $800 are from my lollars in the bank so much cheaper than buying one with fresh USD. But will customs be expensive?

Thanks a lot!

Don't ship it with a courier, if you have someone coming from abroad tell him to bring it with him, you will later pay at libanpost about 16% of the phone's value

#740 March 27 2021

NuclearVision

lebanese customs fees are negligeable... compared to the value of the.phone you're getting.
I used to despise shopandship, but as i said in my earlier post, for what they're offering, I can't complain

#741 April 9 2021

HzSamer

Be careful when using Shop&Ship for High-value items or big ones.

I wanted to get a shipment from UAE and after contacting Shop&Ship offices in Beirut and Dubai I couldn't do that because of the "Maximum Allowed Shipment Dimensions"

Here you can find all the details you need, and you can contact the Beirut office at this email: beirut@shopandship.com

https://www.shopandship.com/en/service- … 53569/HVHW

Also, S&S protect is not available in Lebanon even if your account is Flex. This is the reply from Shop&Ship:

"
Dear Valued client

Kindly note that SNS protect is not available in Lebanon and our liability will cover the amount of 100 $ by cheque in case of damage caused by Aramex since we don’t pack or repack orders

Regards
"

#742 April 9 2021

NuclearVision

yea not ideal for expensive items
100$ cheque, how amusing

#743 April 9 2021

nosense

They get paid at 3900, why would they pay you in fresh dollars for your damaged items, if you don't want the risk then ship with DHL and pay with fresh dollars

#744 April 9 2021

NuclearVision

They shouldn't, but why 100 usd cheque if my item costs more, what kind of insurance is that?

#745 May 3 2021

infiniteloop

It looks like dbrand can ship skin for 5$ delivery to Lebanon, anyone tried?
Does it take long to arrive to Lebanon? I guess at this price it will be with Libanpost

There is also xtremeskins that deliver to Lebanon but with ''international tracked shipping'' so most probably  something like Fedex for 10$ , I wonder if they take customs if they send the skin in an envelope?

#746 May 3 2021

nosense

infiniteloop wrote:

Does it take long to arrive to Lebanon? I guess at this price it will be with Libanpost

There is also xtremeskins that deliver to Lebanon but with ''international tracked shipping'' so most probably  something like Fedex for 10$ , I wonder if they take customs if they send the skin in an envelope?

I bought from dbrand multiple times, I tried priority shipping and it arrived in around 2 weeks with aramex.

There's customs and everything like a normal package.

#747 May 3 2021

infiniteloop

nosense wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

I bought from dbrand multiple times, I tried priority shipping and it arrived in around 2 weeks with aramex.

So it's something like 21% of 15-20$ at 1500 lbp? Like 5000LL?

#748 May 3 2021

nosense

infiniteloop wrote:
nosense wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

So it's something like 21% of 15-20$ at 1500 lbp? Like 5000LL?

I remember they charged around 50,000, there's handling and stuff and they estimated it's value more than normal for some reason

#749 May 14 2021

HzSamer

My friend was looking for a camera lens so I advised him to get it from B&H since they can ship it directly to Lebanon.

The price of the lens is 719$

The cost of shipping 29$ with DHL. They ship it for free because there was a delay from their side. He used his friend's card and put the same address for the shipping and billing addresses so he went with a verification process.

It arrived after 4 days.

Clearance fees were 85$ at 3900LL. I asked DHL about that before ordering the lens. Each price range has different clearance fees.

The custom fees still at 1500LL

The total fees was 563000LL.

Here you can check the invoice:

b-h.jpg

#750 June 14 2021

Nightwing113

Anyone have had any recent shipments recently?
It seems like the customs are holding a lot of packages now asking for 'formal clearance'. The frequency of this was much less before, now I have a lot of incoming packages that ended up with this state (requires extra payment for clearance).

Last edited by Nightwing113 (June 14 2021)

Board footer