LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1526 March 11 2021

ZER0

Re: Feedback for IDM

yourlocalfbiagent wrote:

no, from my experience, its truly unlimited during the specified time period

By unlimited evening, you mean from 7pm to 7am right?

#1527 March 11 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

ZER0 wrote:
yourlocalfbiagent wrote:

yes

#1528 March 11 2021

ZER0

yourlocalfbiagent wrote:
ZER0 wrote:
yourlocalfbiagent wrote:

yes

You just made my day

#1529 March 11 2021

agdroubi

I requested yesterday from idm to turn off interleaving for me, they did it the same day. The ping speed to idm servers decreased from 33ms to 19ms.
About the unlimited evening, I didn't know that it includes also non-streaming apps. Great news for us.

#1530 March 11 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

agdroubi wrote:

I requested yesterday from idm to turn off interleaving for me, they did it the same day. The ping speed to idm servers decreased from 33ms to 19ms.
About the unlimited evening, I didn't know that it includes also non-streaming apps. Great news for us.

did you ask by email at support@idm.net.lb or by phone at 1282?

#1531 March 11 2021

agdroubi

yourlocalfbiagent wrote:
agdroubi wrote:

did you ask by email at support@idm.net.lb or by phone at 1282?

yes by email

#1532 March 11 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

ok thanks

#1533 March 11 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

update: they told me that it is not feasible  on my line, maybe its not available for everyone

#1534 March 14 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

Hey guys, i wanted to know, is VDSL with IDM a worth it upgrade from ADSL, because im considering upgrading to it and im currently in the middle of my feasibility test and would like to know the experience of existing users.

#1535 March 22 2021

wollyka

yourlocalfbiagent wrote:

Hey guys, i wanted to know, is VDSL with IDM a worth it upgrade from ADSL, because im considering upgrading to it and im currently in the middle of my feasibility test and would like to know the experience of existing users.

It is worth it.
My speed increased from 14 to 25, upload from 1 to 7 Mbps (the upload alone is worth it)

#1536 March 22 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

oh ok thanks alot

#1537 April 24 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

For anyone having connectivity issues with IDM,they currently have an outage for maintenance that started around half an hour ago and is unknown when will internet come back online

#1538 May 10 2021

ZER0

In the unlimited evening (7pm-7am), is there a fup? And if there is, is it bad or do we have a good amount of data before it activates? About how much?

#1539 May 10 2021

Victor

ZER0 wrote:

In the unlimited evening (7pm-7am), is there a fup? And if there is, is it bad or do we have a good amount of data before it activates? About how much?

No there’s no FUP.

I’ve downloaded more than double my monthly limit during unlimited hours and speed was stable.

#1540 May 10 2021

ZER0

Victor wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

No there’s no FUP.

I’ve downloaded more than double my monthly limit during unlimited hours and speed was stable.

Thanks a lot

#1541 May 18 2021

kfc

has anyone been connected to IDM Fiber? and do you recommend it? (what speed to expect?)

#1542 May 24 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

wollyka wrote:
yourlocalfbiagent wrote:

It is worth it.
My speed increased from 14 to 25, upload from 1 to 7 Mbps (the upload alone is worth it)

hey i just wanted to ask have you noticed an increase in latency when upgrading to vdsl?

#1543 June 8 2021

wollyka

yourlocalfbiagent wrote:
wollyka wrote:
yourlocalfbiagent wrote:

It is worth it.

hey i just wanted to ask have you noticed an increase in latency when upgrading to vdsl?

No it was the same. I still get between 85 and 90 ms while pinging bbc.co.uk for example (same as with adsl)

#1544 June 9 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

ok thanks

#1545 July 13 2021

VipModz

I have the IDM plan unlimited 64,500 LBP / 4Mbps, WiFi keeps disconnecting at random times, I contacted IDM they replied back with "Can you please provide us with your contact details so that we can call you and perform the needed troubleshooting?", gave them my phone number, 2 days later still haven't received a call

#1546 July 13 2021

nuclearcat

It is probably easier to get your own Wifi router and just plug in eth port, configure as AP only.
Don't expect much from them, your 64500LL is $3 now.

#1547 August 30 2021

wollyka

IDM changed their prices
I received the below sms
Dear Subscriber, please note that the price of your DSL subscription plan OS-200GB is now 72,000 LBP HT.

#1548 September 1 2021

elserge82

wollyka wrote:

IDM changed their prices
I received the below sms
Dear Subscriber, please note that the price of your DSL subscription plan OS-200GB is now 72,000 LBP HT.

how much it was before?

#1549 September 2 2021

kfc

wollyka wrote:

IDM changed their prices
I received the below sms

they added 1000 LBP to the 50 GB open speed plan!

#1550 September 6 2021

wollyka

elserge82 wrote:
wollyka wrote:

IDM changed their prices
I received the below sms

how much it was before?

Around 60000 LBP
The increase is minimal but it's the start since the Ministry did not change the prices yet

Last edited by wollyka (September 6 2021)

Board footer