LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 10 2021

DanGeb

Wireless Router recommendations for Fiber modem

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a wireless router that I want to connect to my Fiber Modem with a long Ethernet cable (the WAN port of the router to the WAN port of the fiber modem) to improve my internet speed and WiFi range in my bedroom because the Fiber Modem's range is not very good (it's a Huawei modem). What good router do you guys recommend? If you don't know, what's the best store to buy WiFi routers in Lebanon? Let me know. Thanks.

#2 March 10 2021

RandomMemory

Re: Wireless Router recommendations for Fiber modem

I recommend you get any router with 8MB flash and install DDWRT on it if you have the knowledge, otherwise I'd recommend a mesh network if you wanna spend the money on it and get good performance, if not then probably just get a repeater or 2, I don't think routers outperform each other that much and it all depends on how many walls you have between your rooms and floors etc

Last edited by RandomMemory (March 10 2021)

#3 March 10 2021

DanGeb

RandomMemory wrote:

I recommend you get any router with 8MB flash and install DDWRT on it if you have the knowledge, otherwise I'd recommend a mesh network if you wanna spend the money on it and get good performance, if not then probably just get a repeater or 2, I don't think routers outperform each other that much and it all depends on how many walls you have between your rooms and floors etc

Yeah I heard about mesh routers but they are too expensive in Lebanon, unless you know about good ones for a decent price.
Also, what's the point of installing another firmware on a router? Does DDWRT allow you to do more things than the stock firmware?

Last edited by DanGeb (March 10 2021)

#4 March 10 2021

nuclearcat

RandomMemory wrote:

+1
But not any, its better to make sure which one has good performance.
I really wish someone had a wiki for products available in Lebanon about their quality...

Last edited by nuclearcat (March 10 2021)

Board footer