LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 March 2 2021

DNA

Re: Ogero VDSL?

No they are not capping your speed clearly seen by max rate and the 10db SNR which ogero profiles sync at, your line is just not great. at least you got 4Mb/s upload from it

#27 March 2 2021

mazendia

DNA wrote:

No they are not capping your speed clearly seen by max rate and the 10db SNR which ogero profiles sync at, your line is just not great. at least you got 4Mb/s upload from it

Oh okay. The only thing bothering me is that I can never reach more than 1-1.5 mbps upload, so is there anyway to fix that? Even if it would mean decreasing my max download speed (since i'm already getting only 11-12 mbps down).

#28 March 7 2021

eli.b

mazendia wrote:

Hello,

I was able to upgrade late last month to VDSL, and they told me it would take effect at the beginning of this month.
Well, I called a couple of times and today I was told that yesterday it was changed and that it would take a couple of days for it to switch on my router (?). They said it would auto-adjust to VDSL, which I kind of doubt it will.

At the moment, I tried changing the dsl settings to VDSL with VLAN ID = 0, but it wouldn't connect. ADSL works fine though.

Should I just wait for them to hopefully change it sometime soon or is there something else in the settings I should test out?

I already submitted a ticket regarding the issue and was closed as resolved.

Thanks

Hello

I have a similar issue where i requested to switch to vdsl. its already been more than a month sine the request.
when I call them they check and say I'm on vdsl but my router logs its on adsl. I tried forcing it to vdsl but it doesnt connect.

is there any specific setting i need to put other than the pppoe username and pass? or should i open a ticket for them to check it?

#29 March 7 2021

mazendia

eli.b wrote:
mazendia wrote:

Hello,

I was able to upgrade late last month to VDSL, and they told me it would take effect at the beginning of this month.
Well, I called a couple of times and today I was told that yesterday it was changed and that it would take a couple of days for it to switch on my router (?). They said it would auto-adjust to VDSL, which I kind of doubt it will.

At the moment, I tried changing the dsl settings to VDSL with VLAN ID = 0, but it wouldn't connect. ADSL works fine though.

Should I just wait for them to hopefully change it sometime soon or is there something else in the settings I should test out?

I already submitted a ticket regarding the issue and was closed as resolved.

Thanks

Hello

I have a similar issue where i requested to switch to vdsl. its already been more than a month sine the request.
when I call them they check and say I'm on vdsl but my router logs its on adsl. I tried forcing it to vdsl but it doesnt connect.

is there any specific setting i need to put other than the pppoe username and pass? or should i open a ticket for them to check it?

If the router is still connecting to ADSL it means the switch wasn't fully completed, as when they enabled VDSL you cannot connect through ADSL and vice versa.

What most likely happened is that they enabled your VDSL port on their system (hence why it's showing that you were connected), as well as kept the ADSL port, the only thing that's left for them to do is "ykabsso l khat aal VDSL" as in just connecting your line to their VDSL system since everything is in place, and that happens at the central or idk where but they told me on the phone that they open it only 1-2 times per week.

I kept calling them for more than month for them to finally switch me. Your best bet is to call again explaining that your router still shows as ADSL and that most likely "baaed ma kabbaso l khat 3al VDSL bel central" so that they know what to specify on the ticket.

Also: on the router, I setup 2 pppoe configurations with the same username and password, since i have to specify for each if it's ADSL or VDSL, so make sure that you have both configurations so that when the switch happens you automatically connect. I also tried forcing VDSL before they switched and it kept saying DSL disconnected.

Board footer