LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 26 2021

boblax

how do some people have wasta with the police?

I want to know how some people have wasta with the police for example someone hit with a car someone else and he wasnt taken to prison all he did was get his car reserved for a couple weeks. any advice how the police is doing wasta for some people who do you have to know?

It seems that people who lives in certain region that arent politically affiliated with the za3ims are not able to get wasta if they did anything wrong for example if you live in achrafieh or furn el chebbak you are less likely to get wasta

Last edited by boblax (February 26 2021)

#2 February 26 2021

ramy58

Re: how do some people have wasta with the police?

Police wastas are the same as any other wastas in this country, you either are related to someone in the police force by blood, or you know someone who is a relative of a person, and if you're desperate and you have been a loyal sheep, you can ask your za3im for help. It's important to know that even if you have a wasta, you still might need to pay for the service you're asking. The wasta is often just an opportunity to pay for what you want.

#3 February 26 2021

AvoK95

Rules of Wasta:

- You know them
- You know a guy who knows a guy
- You are related
- Money

#4 February 26 2021

beezer

In the end it's money. My friend had a pistol and it was around the time that licenses were being renewed. A ma3lomat douche (and I'm not saying he's a douche because of what happened, I'm saying he's a douche because 99% of law enforcement in Lebanon are) asked for the license. It was expired. So my friend says it's being renewed, blah, blah blah. He was not having it. Then my friend offers the cop the bullets in the gun, he takes them and off we were.

#5 February 27 2021

infiniteloop

AvoK95 wrote:

Rules of Wasta:

- You know them
- You know a guy who knows a guy
- You are related
- Money

Add:
-You are in an influential political party

#6 February 27 2021

Tech Guru

Corruption and nepotism are every where.  The issue has been escalated now due to the economic crises repercussions on nation security forces weakened salaries purchasing power , since they are still being paid on 1500 bases. Money has a very coercive  power here , and you can bribe anyone.

#7 February 27 2021

potato

Indulging in wasta means you are just like any corrupted politician, since you are using their language.

Last edited by potato (February 27 2021)

#8 February 27 2021

yasamoka

potato wrote:

Indulging in wasta means you are just like any corrupted politician, since you are using their language.

Reductionist thinking here. Some basic rights in this country you cannot even get without wasta.

#9 February 27 2021

samer
Admin

Locking this topic as there venues that are better suited to discuss corruption and politics than LebGeeks.

Board footer