LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 3 2020

tonykaram1993

Mechanical keyboards in lebanon?

This is a huge long shot and I doubt if it exists in Lebanon, but does anyone know any shops in Lebanon selling custom mechanical keyboard parts? Like boards, switches, keycaps, ...

EDIT: also if anyone knows anywhere i can buy this in Lebanon? https://www.keychron.com/products/keych … 3869554777

Last edited by tonykaram1993 (May 3 2020)

#2 July 16 2020

ap4ss3rby

Re: Mechanical keyboards in lebanon?

I doubt that, and with the current USD issue I am not sure if you can buy parts from outside lebanon. I did find hyperX pudding keycaps at virgin at citycentre, but I doubt they have any left in stock. Also, IF you are feeling adventurous, you can skip a board and replace it with a teensy or Arduino Micro or Leonardo and some wiring and QMK and LOTS of patience and diodes. I know because I fixed a broken keyboard by taking the old PCB out(computer did not recognize it), keeping the switches and keycaps and cutting off the numpad  because its cheaper than buying a new one... even at the cost of losing backlighting, and yes, creating the firmware using QMK

#3 July 17 2020

AvoK95

That's a glorious keyboard, but like you said, it's a very huge big and massive (not to mention lengthy) long shot.

Lebanon's market barely knows what a mechanical keyboard is, most dealers and retailers don't even know the difference between switches, and the purchases mostly don't even know that there are multiple manufacturers for those switches in the first place.

So I would highly doubt you'll find what you're looking for here.

If I were you, I would simply choose a keyboard with my favorite shape that's available in the market and modify it myself.

#4 February 18 2021

NuclearVision

AvoK95 wrote:

That's a glorious keyboard, but like you said, it's a very huge big and massive (not to mention lengthy) long shot.

Lebanon's market barely knows what a mechanical keyboard is, most dealers and retailers don't even know the difference between switches, and the purchases mostly don't even know that there are multiple manufacturers for those switches in the first place.

So I would highly doubt you'll find what you're looking for here.

If I were you, I would simply choose a keyboard with my favorite shape that's available in the market and modify it myself.

Yea i was asking a shop owner if he had red switches keyboard only to discover that 'red switches keyboards are fakes and the blue ones are authentic.' I left, for good.

#5 February 24 2021

NuclearVision

Guys, can you share your experience with locally available mech keyboard brands?
I did my online search, i was about to buy the Gskill km360
which has mx cherry red switches but It will cost me like 70-80$ shipped to my door from the states, which beats the point of cherry red for cheap.
I want a TKL keyboard as my workstation is not the largest (may consider A more compact keyboard). RGB is not necessary but backlighting is.
I see there's the Genesis thor300 for 30$ at ezonelb but I read that outemou switches are not worth it.
Couldn't find any gateron/kailh reds here.
I would like to keep it under 50$ maybe 60-70 if its worth jt
Your comments are appreciated. thanks.

Last edited by NuclearVision (February 24 2021)

Board footer