LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 26 2019

Scode99

Skrill in Lebanon

Hello guys,

do you guys know whether Skrill works in Lebanon or not?
I found an old post but I just want to know whether it's still functional or not.
Can I withdraw money from my Skrill account to my Bank account?

#2 January 26 2019

infiniteloop

Re: Skrill in Lebanon

Dunno
gave them my bank's iban and co and it was the right ones but 2 weeks after processing with a cash withdraw from skrill to my bank account they claimed my bank's info are wrong.
I have to talk again to my bank for this and it's a pain

#3 January 26 2019

Scode99

Can’t you just withdraw to your credit card??

#4 January 27 2019

infiniteloop

Scode99 wrote:

Can’t you just withdraw to your credit card??

My credit card is visa and they accept mastercard only, go figures

#5 January 28 2019

jaqen h'ghar

Actually they only accept Visa if you want to withdraw, you can deposit via visa/MC/bank.
Skrill customer service is pure trash. I submitted address verification documents 7 months ago and after opening several cases they tell me today that my documents are invalid for some reason...

#6 January 28 2019

Scode99

Ouch thats something I didnt want to hear, In Lebanon we can only use Skrill since netteler has stoped withdrawals in Lebanon.
That sucks

#7 January 28 2019

infiniteloop

I think it's time for a new petition for paypal in Lebanon
I can sell hundred of photos if I had paypal to help my salary, but guess what we are one of the very few countries in the galaxy to not have paypal

#8 January 28 2019

jaqen h'ghar

I'm all in for the petition, but i don't think it's enough.. we have to be heard, meaning number 1 on Twitter/reddit trending or else it's going to be like the other petitions going nowhere

Last edited by jaqen h'ghar (January 28 2019)

#9 April 5 2020

infiniteloop

I just went to check my balance at Skrill as I am selling photos  online but the website is not opening like all the websites that were recently blocked by Cyberia.
so did they block it by mistake or because Skrill can't transfer money to Lebanese accounts anymore?
They want fresh money from outside but they are cutting all possible ways to do it

#10 April 5 2020

Johnaudi

You couldn't withdraw to a local bank for the past 3 years. (From what I've tried)
Just use VPN until this is resolved. (betternet is quite easy and simple imo)

I would purchase crypto and sell it at black market price, or order a Skrill Card and do purchases online.

#11 April 5 2020

infiniteloop

I got payments for the last 2 years from Skrill to my Lebanese bank account (which is in $) , last time was in December

#12 April 5 2020

Johnaudi

infiniteloop wrote:

I got payments for the last 2 years from Skrill to my Lebanese bank account (which is in $) , last time was in December

Oh, then I guess BankMed was blocking them internally. That's good to know though gotta give them a call now haha.

#13 April 5 2020

alcolopa

I am on IDM skrill works fine :)

#14 April 5 2020

wollyka

Working fine here (IDM)

#15 April 5 2020

nefe_lpmk

Working fine on Sodetel, however there is no more Country: Lebanon in the supported countries list.

#16 January 6 2021

Hassan

Hello guys,
Any updates on this? Is it there any way possible to open a Skrill account in Lebanon? As Lebanon is not in the list of supported countries when trying to sign up.

If not, any suggestions for an e-wallet that can be used in Lebanon?

I am trying to withdraw money from etoro and my Audi fresh account is not accepted as etoro does not want to  deal with Audi Bank nor Bankmed (not sure why). And since none of the Lebanese banks are opening new accounts, I am left with no option but to withdraw to an e-wallet.

#17 January 6 2021

m0ei

Can you withdraw to Transferwise?

#18 January 6 2021

wollyka

Hassan wrote:

Hello guys,
Any updates on this? Is it there any way possible to open a Skrill account in Lebanon? As Lebanon is not in the list of supported countries when trying to sign up.

If not, any suggestions for an e-wallet that can be used in Lebanon?

I am trying to withdraw money from etoro and my Audi fresh account is not accepted as etoro does not want to  deal with Audi Bank nor Bankmed (not sure why). And since none of the Lebanese banks are opening new accounts, I am left with no option but to withdraw to an e-wallet.

etoro is an Israeli company, that's why. Technically you are breaking the Lebanese law.

#19 January 6 2021

RandomMemory

stay away from skrill in lebanon. They lock your account for any reason.

#20 February 19 2021

Hybrid

We regret to inform you that Skrill will soon cease to provide services to customers registered in your country.

Your account will stay active until 20 April 2021. On this date, your Skrill account will automatically be closed. Until 20 April 2021, you will still be able to transact and withdraw funds from your account, but you will not be able to upload further funds to your account.

Board footer