LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#201 December 27 2020

Tech Guru

Re: PlayStation 5 Officially Announced

If you check OLX , which resembles the black market here , you can spot that many offers are now sub 1000 USD for the disc variant. Mostly they are international ones that are shipped offshore by indvidual luggages. They are sub fattal ones usually since they donot have any shipment , customs tariffs , and tax headover. I think they are good , even without a warranty , by plugging the PS5 with a good inline interactive 900W/1500VA UPS.

Fattal in the recent second wave , increased the retailers handover price by 150 USD vs the 19th of November wave. For example , Kouyoumji Zalka ,which is considered the most market fair price ratailer, gave his preorders at a price of 800 USD + 11% paid on 1520 vs 647 USD + 11% VAT paid at 1520 in the previous time.

Supply will gradually normalize demand ,  the core issue with Sony not giving Lebanon enough units to meet the high demand pending lists. Therefore , a parallel market will establish. Like the USD dollar issue here , high demand with low supply , the rate inflated.

Last edited by Tech Guru (December 27 2020)

#202 January 23 2021

Victor

Did anyone ship a PS5 from abroad? I want to know how much it would cost other than shipping charge (Customs fees, clearance etc...)

#203 January 23 2021

RandomMemory

DHL now charges at market rate, custom fees are at 1500LBP, so you can except around 100$ at 1500 LBP.
Also the product is out of stock everywhere outside lebanon, doubt you can find one to ship.

#204 January 24 2021

Tech Guru

Victor wrote:

Did anyone ship a PS5 from abroad? I want to know how much it would cost other than shipping charge (Customs fees, clearance etc...)

Third wave from Fattal will arrive most probably end of February. Main reason is the COVID 19 pandemic and lockdown all over the world , especially with the spread  of the new virus strain. Sony temporary shutdown some factories around the world which halted manufacturing production volumes.

Still demand all over the globe is much larger than supply. Most probably this will remain months ahead. They will normalize when supply increases globally to match this high demand.

Here prices are dropping in very slow increments. You can find it now at 900-920 $ in several shops for the disc edition.

Last edited by Tech Guru (January 24 2021)

#205 February 18 2021

ramy58

I'm considering trying to order it from the US, through the official Playstation Direct store that sometimes restocks, and by using Shop and Ship. However I have no experience in making an order like that, and so I want to make sure I get everything right, which is where you guys' expertise comes in.

So first I need to register on S&S, which would give me an address.
I would then use that address when buying a PS5 on the Playstation Direct (if they hopefully accept my credit card).

S&S would then charge me the following:
Customs: 11% * 500 USD (official price of PS5) * 1500 =  83000 LBP
Shipping: 166 (Using the rate calculator on their website with a package weight of 20lbs) * 3900 = 647 400 LBP

Did I get anything wrong ? What about handling/clearance fees ?

#206 February 18 2021

bobo619

It is extremely difficult if not impossible to catch a drop during this time as bots and many many scalpers are camping these websites and will go out of stock the second you refresh the page.

Last edited by bobo619 (February 18 2021)

#207 February 18 2021

hackable?

ramy58 wrote:

I'm considering trying to order it from the US, through the official Playstation Direct store that sometimes restocks, and by using Shop and Ship. However I have no experience in making an order like that, and so I want to make sure I get everything right, which is where you guys' expertise comes in.

I would then use that address when buying a PS5 on the Playstation Direct (if they hopefully accept my credit card).

Shipping: 166 (Using the rate calculator on their website with a package weight of 20lbs) * 3900 = 647 400 LBP

Just consider that they might not allow you to ship it. I was lucky enough to get to the front of the queue at sony direct and actually add the ps5 to my cart. The plan was to ship it with easyshop dhl. However, when I tried setting the order, I was denied as the address was considered 'suspicious'. I think this was done to also combat scalpers. I am not sure though if shop and ship address is also flagged.

#208 February 18 2021

nosense

hackable? wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

Just consider that they might not allow you to ship it. I was lucky enough to get to the front of the queue at sony direct and actually add the ps5 to my cart. The plan was to ship it with easyshop dhl. However, when I tried setting the order, I was denied as the address was considered 'suspicious'. I think this was done to also combat scalpers. I am not sure though if shop and ship address is also flagged.

This. they are able to determine if the address you are using is for package forwarding and they won’t ship you.

#209 February 19 2021

ramy58

Damn, this sucks. Powergames LB was offering kind-of interesting bundles (like a PS5 + a second controller at 860$) but they ran out of stock. I've heard that Sony will struggle with supply till the end of the year.

#210 February 19 2021

Tech Guru

ramy58 wrote:

Damn, this sucks. Powergames LB was offering kind-of interesting bundles (like a PS5 + a second controller at 860$) but they ran out of stock. I've heard that Sony will struggle with supply till the end of the year.

They do not have official local fattal warranty. The 3rd wave fattal is being sold now at 888 with a second controller.

#211 February 19 2021

nosense

Tech Guru wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

They do not have official local fattal warranty. The 3rd wave fattal is being sold now at 888 with a second controller.

yes they do have the official fattal warranty, my friend got it from them.

#212 February 19 2021

kareem_nasser

Interesting!

Here is the post on facebook.

Last edited by kareem_nasser (February 19 2021)

#213 February 19 2021

Tech Guru

nosense wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

Nope I talked with him several times. Iam talking about the last bundles' deals , they are European consoles not having fattal warranty.

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 19 2021)

#214 February 19 2021

nosense

Tech Guru wrote:
nosense wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Nope I talked with him several times. Iam talking about the last bundles' deals , they are European consoles not having fattal warranty.

dude my friend got his on feb 16 from those bundles and it has the fattal sticker on it, they received them on tuesday from fattal and delivered on the same day

Last edited by nosense (February 19 2021)

#215 February 19 2021

Tech Guru

I have been encountering this, anyone? Yesterday CoD Cold War deleted itself suddenly. Sony has not resolved this issue yet!

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/6 … ystation-5

#216 February 25 2021

Victor

I have an issue with my PS5 turning off while connected to UPS “only” when ingame playing spiderman. When on Home Screen or playing less graphically intensive game it stays on. I’m using a PCE 480W UPS, and the guy at PCandPARTS is saying that when it’s using more power it can’t handle the split second transfer time from electricity to UPS battery.

Is anyone else facing any similar issue? And does anyone have any UPS recommendations as well? Thing is getting annoying especially with the increased power outages and the risk of damaging the console

#217 February 27 2021

Tech Guru

Victor wrote:

I have an issue with my PS5 turning off while connected to UPS “only” when ingame playing spiderman. When on Home Screen or playing less graphically intensive game it stays on. I’m using a PCE 480W UPS, and the guy at PCandPARTS is saying that when it’s using more power it can’t handle the split second transfer time from electricity to UPS battery.

Is anyone else facing any similar issue? And does anyone have any UPS recommendations as well? Thing is getting annoying especially with the increased power outages and the risk of damaging the console

Not having issues at all. Bought the PS5 ten days ago , I have been playing and putting it on reset mode for day and night downloads. For  ten consecutive days the UPS is always on and managing the recent EDL big cutoffs due to fuel shortage.

Iam using a PowerLink PL 2000 ( 900W , 2x batteries  12V/9A) UPS decdicated for the PS5 and its peripherals ( dual sense official charging station). For the 65" 4K HDR TV and sound bar another dediacted UPS.
Remember , regardless of brand, an inline interactive UPS has a low efficiency power factor. Therefore I go 1500VA with two batteries of a minimum of 7.5A , since inline UPSes have usually a low PF ( efficiency) of 0.4 ,  1500VA ( 0.4) = 600W.

Screenshot-20210227-114747-PS-App.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 27 2021)

#218 March 2 2021

kareem_nasser

Victor wrote:

As per tests, PS5 maxes out at around 200W. If you have a TV connected too, please share with us the model and series to check the consumption. What pcandparts told you is most likely the case here, especially with HDR enabled by default on ps5, the TV (if it has HDR) will consume more power with HDR on as it has the backlight maxed out.

#219 March 2 2021

Victor

kareem_nasser wrote:
Victor wrote:

As per tests, PS5 maxes out at around 200W. If you have a TV connected too, please share with us the model and series to check the consumption. What pcandparts told you is most likely the case here, especially with HDR enabled by default on ps5, the TV (if it has HDR) will consume more power with HDR on as it has the backlight maxed out.

I only had the PS5 connected to the PCE UPS, and it was drawing about 230Watts (1.1 amps).
I got a Hawk brand UPS (1500va 900W); I now have both my PS5 and TV connected and it works like a charm!
So yeah turns out the PCE ups isn’t that good and was not sustaining even half of its advertised load...

#220 March 2 2021

kareem_nasser

Victor wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:
Victor wrote:

I only had the PS5 connected to the PCE UPS, and it was drawing about 230Watts (1.1 amps).
I got a Hawk brand UPS (1500va 900W); I now have both my PS5 and TV connected and it works like a charm!
So yeah turns out the PCE ups isn’t that good and was not sustaining even half of its advertised load...

PCE isn't necessarily bad but the model was not efficient enough.
Good you solved the issue then. If you were able to check how long does it last on ups with PS5 + TV connected until it reaches critical stage, do tell us.

Board footer