LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#476 December 19 2020

anayman_k7

Re: Libazon reviews

NuclearVision wrote:

Got 3 orders, from late july, status changed today to on the way to you.

Late July USD rate was around 7700, today it is 8300, just calculate how money they made by holding your money for that long

#477 December 19 2020

AVOlio

All the money that they're taking from customers, as per the owner, they're not touching them nor using them to buy the orders from UK.

The items they're buying for the orders in UK they are using the money from the company investors.
If you search online, you will find financial statements of Libazon UK and you'll see that they have a net loss, and a big one, not a net profit.

Yes one can argue that the money they're keeping here, they're gonna use it later, all of them combined which could be in hundreds of millions till now, so they'll use it in the exchange market and cover all their losses in UK plus make their profits.
And this really sounds like what they could be planning to do.

But me personally, I don't believe that this is the reason of all the delays that's happening with the orders.
They're not delaying your order on purpose, like most people are speculating, after making you wait a few months, and after probably making profit out of your money in the exchange game, and then relying on the customer to be fed up and request a refund.

That's simply not the case.
It's a new company, lack of experience, mismanagement, miscommunication between their offices, untrained staff, unexpected order traffic, covid is also a factor etc etc..
All of the above are most probably the reason of them failing to deliver orders on time.

#478 December 22 2020

zizo99

AVOlio wrote:

That's simply not the case.
It's a new company, lack of experience, mismanagement, miscommunication between their offices, untrained staff, unexpected order traffic, covid is also a factor etc etc..
All of the above are most probably the reason of them failing to deliver orders on time.

Even still with all these excuses, you won't need 4 months+ for delivery.
something is suspicious

#479 December 27 2020

NuclearVision

anayman_k7 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

Late July USD rate was around 7700, today it is 8300, just calculate how money they made by holding your money for that long

honestly, I don't think i was been able 4 months ago or today to find products for the same amount of money.
for instance, i bought a 150 pounds product for 660,000 lbp.
I won't do the math, but whatever they are doing, it was worth waiting.
Will i buy again? No I won't

#480 December 27 2020

nosense

NuclearVision wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

honestly, I don't think i was been able 4 months ago or today to find products for the same amount of money.
for instance, i bought a 150 pounds product for 660,000 lbp.
I won't do the math, but whatever they are doing, it was worth waiting.
Will i buy again? No I won't

same here, I got an apple watch for half its price at that time

#481 January 5 2021

zizo99

just a quick update on my order,

order placement date: on 22 Sept
delivery date was set fist time on mid-Dec
then it was delayed till the end of Jan
and now till Mid Feb

#482 February 15 2021

Rodster

any update on this? i saw a pixel 5 for 4 million LPB which is about 400$ , but its sold for 820$ here in lebanon, should i buy?

#483 February 15 2021

zizo99

Rodster wrote:

any update on this? i saw a pixel 5 for 4 million LPB which is about 400$ , but its sold for 820$ here in lebanon, should i buy?

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT

I am still waiting for my order since September 2020
I'm trying to contact them to check about my shipment without any respond

Last edited by zizo99 (February 15 2021)

#484 February 15 2021

Duath

Rodster wrote:

My answer would be a definite NO, unless you want to wait for 7 months or more, deal with an unprofessional team and keep getting told that your item will arrive sometime next week each time you ask for an update

#485 February 15 2021

Rodster

Any idea why their products disappear for days and appear for a short period before disappearing again?

#486 February 15 2021

TheIlluminative

Rodster wrote:

Any idea why their products disappear for days and appear for a short period before disappearing again?

Who cares really? Just stay away and don't order anything.

#487 February 15 2021

Rodster

Oki thanks for the warning guys i placed the order yesterday
Good thing i didnt pay for it yet at OMT, there was still doubt in me and you guys assured me it was the right move.

Last edited by Rodster (February 15 2021)

#488 February 15 2021

NuclearVision

I got away with few orders made like 6months ago, it was worth it, but now, definitely no, just no.

#489 March 11 2021

zizo99

after waiting and waiting for almost 7 months, and after many ridiculous excuses and delays. the situation becomes unbearable
so I asked for a refund

I'll keep you posted

Last edited by zizo99 (March 11 2021)

#490 March 21 2021

NuclearVision

so zizo did you get your refund?

#491 March 22 2021

zizo99

NuclearVision wrote:

so zizo did you get your refund?

no yet, after attempting to contact them for more than 1 week they lastly replied, that they need 2 weeks for the "refund team" to issue the refunded amount

hope their "refund team" isn't like their customer support team and take another 7 months to refund me

#492 March 22 2021

xerxes

Ponzi scheme every where in Lebanon, and people keep falling for it.

Lebanese people love too good to be true stuff

#493 March 23 2021

LifeEngineer

xerxes wrote:

Ponzi scheme every where in Lebanon, and people keep falling for it.

Lebanese people love too good to be true stuff

You cannot call it that. Libazon existed since 2017 and served thousands of orders without issues.
Me and couple of friends did orders in the millions of LL around start of 2020 (start of the pandemic) and we all received all of our orders in 3 to 6 months period.
Nowadays yeah recent orders have not been delivered but payments are being refunded so it's not a Ponzi scheme. I think the LL situation screwed them more than it benefited them but they definitely had some connections to deal with it.
Could have they invested the LL into USD and then refunded the LL amount when its value diminished?! Yes... but we cannot make that accusation while: 1- they did all the orders for 3 years at least, 2- they refund all of the unprocessed orders.

Not trying to defend them, as I don't even know who owns them, but I'm trying to be fair and not call anything and anyone a Scam.

#494 March 23 2021

xerxes

Existed since 2017? Like legaly? Do you know anyone who ordered from them in 2017,2018?

It’s definitely another ponzi scheme, early birds always benefit from ponzi.

They are not abiding by the terms they set, they are stalling to deliver and to refund.

If this is not a ponzi scheme then what is it

#495 March 23 2021

NuclearVision

Thing is, you fall for ponzi and you can make use of it.
This thread, is pretty clear and provides enough 'red flags' as of when you can no longer 'make use of' libazon.

#496 March 24 2021

Nightwing113

xerxes wrote:

Existed since 2017? Like legaly? Do you know anyone who ordered from them in 2017,2018?

It’s definitely another ponzi scheme, early birds always benefit from ponzi.

They are not abiding by the terms they set, they are stalling to deliver and to refund.

If this is not a ponzi scheme then what is it

I bought a Herman Miller chair from Libazon 2018, and few other orders the prices were normal (item wise), but shipping was a steal. Around 18$ for a +20kg chair.

#497 March 25 2021

ozone1864

So guys I have an order since October.
Last message I got from them is due to pandemic and lockdown delivery will be delayed.
What do you guys suggest wait or refund ?

#498 March 26 2021

LifeEngineer

ozone1864 wrote:

So guys I have an order since October.
Last message I got from them is due to pandemic and lockdown delivery will be delayed.
What do you guys suggest wait or refund ?

I'd say it depends on what you ordered, how much did you pay, is it really urgent for you to receive it ASAP or not, is it important enough for you to wait for it to be delivered, is refunding gonna benefit you in terms of its value, do you really need that money etc...

I personally would wait if the item is not urgent and/or if the paid amount has lost most of its value and is not of a great benefit to me now.
And I would keep contacting them each couple of days.

#499 March 27 2021

NuclearVision

I would wait, Lbp is not gonna spike anytime soon, hopefully.

#500 March 27 2021

xazbrat

I have a couple of orders from late last summer totaling just under 3 million LL.  If I ask for my money back, it will be half the value when I paid for it and they aren't time sensitive items (bedroom stuff mainly).  That being said, I cannot recommnend anyone order anything
from them until they show a consistent pattern of TIMELY fulfillment of orders.

Board footer