LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 10 2021

arached

Mid range headphone recommendation

I'm looking for a mid range headphone mainly for meetings and music purpose. So mic noise cancellation is a big plus also to have a decent base and doesn't have to be wireless. I've come across the following products at pcandparts:
https://pcandparts.com/kingston-cloud-stinger/
https://pcandparts.com/a4tech-bloody-m6 … g-headset/
https://pcandparts.com/thermaltake-shoc … g-headset/
https://pcandparts.com/kingston-cloud-s … 1-headset/

Does any one have any recommendation on any of this items? Or does any one have another recommendation to look at?

#2 February 11 2021

Locha

Re: Mid range headphone recommendation

Hello,

Check out the Anker Soundcore Life Q30 which are a very good pair of headphones for the price and competes with other high-end quality brands. Simply type the name of the headphones on YouTube and check the review of  the channel "ShortCircuit".

#3 February 11 2021

arached

Locha wrote:

Hello,

Check out the Anker Soundcore Life Q30 which are a very good pair of headphones for the price and competes with other high-end quality brands. Simply type the name of the headphones on YouTube and check the review of  the channel "ShortCircuit".

Do you know any store that have in Lebanon? I have the soundcore air it's decent enough for the price

#4 February 11 2021

RandomMemory

I recommend the Arctis 7. Fantastic headphones.

#5 February 12 2021

nosense

RandomMemory wrote:

I have the pros and they're perfect honestly, but I think they're out of his budget

#6 February 12 2021

arached

RandomMemory wrote:

What about the Arctis 3 or Arctis 5? They're more in my budget.

#7 February 12 2021

RandomMemory

How is the arctis 5 in your budget but the 7 isn't, the 5 is more expensive or am I wrong? I got my 7 for 100$.
Edit: I see now, for some reason the arctis 5 is cheaper on OLX.
But yes the arctis 5 is great as well.

Last edited by RandomMemory (February 12 2021)

#8 February 12 2021

arached

RandomMemory wrote:

How is the arctis 5 in your budget but the 7 isn't, the 5 is more expensive or am I wrong? I got my 7 for 100$.

Yes I saw it on olx so I guess they're open box items. I don't know the sellers so I can't know if they're trustworthy.

#9 February 12 2021

anayman_k7

I am using HyperX Stinger since 3 years and loving it, will list the cons and pros of it.

Pros:
- Very light weight and comfortable, head clamp force is minimal
- Microphone mutes when it swivels upward, earcup rotates for a better resting position
- Sound quality is very good, 50mm drivers, it doesnt overdo the bass
- You can find replacement for the cup leather cover when it wears out
- Doesn't heat your ears a lot and I am able to wear it during work hours and evening gaming sessions without issues

Cons:
- All plastic and cable is not braided so you will hear the cable touching you in your ear if you are not playing music
- Microphone swivel means it will have issues in future which what happened in my case, I had to open it and adjust the cable to make it work again
- Cables and Microphone are not detachable
- Size adjustment mechanics would get lose with time and needs some screws tightening
- If used with a Laptop the angling on the plug will make it wear out faster

I still think it is a good deal in this price range, I personally using HyperX headsets since years because I prefer a mid bass level to be able to hear footsteps in games, also so I dont get headache when I hear music loudly during work

#10 February 12 2021

RandomMemory

arached wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Yes I saw it on olx so I guess they're open box items. I don't know the sellers so I can't know if they're trustworthy.

The ones from MZone aren't openbox. I bought mine there.

#11 February 12 2021

bobo619

Is your Arctis 7 you bought for 100$ wireless or wired?

#12 February 12 2021

RandomMemory

wireless

#13 March 11 2021

NuclearVision

Is the arctis 7 /5 heavy? Does it cause fatigue after a while?
I'm looking for ny first wireless headset for studying/gaming, mainly concerned about the weight as i've never tried one before and my head is kind of small.

#14 March 11 2021

RandomMemory

NuclearVision wrote:

Is the arctis 7 /5 heavy? Does it cause fatigue after a while?
I'm looking for ny first wireless headset for studying/gaming, mainly concerned about the weight as i've never tried one before and my head is kind of small.

not heavy, I put it on for 8+ hours a day, it has a rubber band so It doesn't pressure your head or w/e

#15 March 12 2021

nefe_lpmk

If you can save and get these, I would very much recommend:
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X

Cost ~140$ and very good value for money.

#16 March 12 2021

NuclearVision

thank you guys

#17 March 13 2021

NuclearVision

I found 3 sellers on olx, the prices are very good, they say item is 'european openbox', whatever this means.
has anybody tried these?

Last edited by NuclearVision (March 13 2021)

#18 March 14 2021

DNA

NuclearVision wrote:

I found 3 sellers on olx, the prices are very good, they say item is 'european openbox', whatever this means.
has anybody tried these?

They are usually returned items to stores, some have minor defects other are good

#19 May 2 2021

NuclearVision

anayman_k7 wrote:

I am using HyperX Stinger since 3 years and loving it, will list the cons and pros of it.

Pros:
- Very light weight and comfortable, head clamp force is minimal
- Microphone mutes when it swivels upward, earcup rotates for a better resting position
- Sound quality is very good, 50mm drivers, it doesnt overdo the bass
- You can find replacement for the cup leather cover when it wears out
- Doesn't heat your ears a lot and I am able to wear it during work hours and evening gaming sessions without issues

Cons:
- All plastic and cable is not braided so you will hear the cable touching you in your ear if you are not playing music
- Microphone swivel means it will have issues in future which what happened in my case, I had to open it and adjust the cable to make it work again
- Cables and Microphone are not detachable
- Size adjustment mechanics would get lose with time and needs some screws tightening
- If used with a Laptop the angling on the plug will make it wear out faster

I still think it is a good deal in this price range, I personally using HyperX headsets since years because I prefer a mid bass level to be able to hear footsteps in games, also so I dont get headache when I hear music loudly during work

Hey man, i'm still looking for a headset, any idea how do stingers compare to the cloud ii which are double the price? I don't wanna spend more than 50 bucks.
Are the stingers still holding up?

If anyone has additional suggestions please let me know, willing to pay a little more if its worth it.

Last edited by NuclearVision (May 2 2021)

#20 May 5 2021

NuclearVision

Any suggestions?
What are good local headphone options under 100?
Not sure if the cloud ii is worth 90$ in 2021 and don't wanna buy used.

Thanks!

#21 May 6 2021

arached

NuclearVision wrote:

Any suggestions?
What are good local headphone options under 100?
Not sure if the cloud ii is worth 90$ in 2021 and don't wanna buy used.

Thanks!

I ended up buying the stinger for 40$. They're pretty decent considering their price tag, my only complain is that after some time of use they will heat your ears. I wish that they pass more air to the ears to be more comfortable after a long run of usage. But other than that, for the sound quality and isolation, they're pretty decent. So if you want a budged headphone, I recommend you the stinger.

Board footer