LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 February 6 2021

NuclearVision

Re: First custom pc

thanks i will try to ask for usd invoice.

#27 February 7 2021

RandomMemory

bullshit. PC and parts was always doing it since day 1, charging VAT at black market rate. Their prices are inflated as well, you're better off buying from someone else, I stopped buying from them after purchasing around 10k worth of equipment over the course of 5 years. They also charge shipping at black market rate...

Last edited by RandomMemory (February 7 2021)

#28 February 7 2021

NuclearVision

honestly i feel not only their prices are inflated, their stock is old as well. And god help you if you want a gpu...

Any reputable shops I can talk to?
Thank you everyone?

#29 February 7 2021

RandomMemory

They have good stock, and niche stuff that other shops don't have (saved my life a couple of times) but jesus, their bills became insane. Check out ezonelb, I rebuilt my PC from them 2 weeks ago after lightning strike, and the same parts with shipping and VAT ended up being a 100$ cheaper than pc and parts' bill

Last edited by RandomMemory (February 7 2021)

#30 February 7 2021

NuclearVision

I will try it.
I found technodel.com they seem to have good prices as well.

#31 February 7 2021

RandomMemory

Just make sure to ask about warranty and RMA before buying a GPU, I've had 2 unfortunate incidents where I had to RMA GPUs. PCandParts was really great about it.

#32 February 7 2021

Tech Guru

RandomMemory wrote:

bullshit. PC and parts was always doing it since day 1, charging VAT at black market rate. Their prices are inflated as well, you're better off buying from someone else, I stopped buying from them after purchasing around 10k worth of equipment over the course of 5 years. They also charge shipping at black market rate...

That is pure theft indeed.

Assume a computer item costs 500 USD before 11% VAT
500 (1.11) = 555 USD
55 × Black Market Rate (Let us say 8000 LBP)
55 × 8000 = 440,000 LBP

What was declared previously to the MoF ,
55 × 1520 = 83,600 LBP

VAT Tax evasion = 440,000 - 83,600 = 356,400 LBP
Profit to PC&Parts and Loss to MoF

356,400 / 8000 ( converted back to USD) = 44.55 USD

This is on a single 500 USD item being sold , imagine on a monthly bases items turnover.

VAT Tax Evasion
Income Tax Evasion
NSSF contribution Tax Evasion
Customs fraudulant declaration

All combined created a deep hole in the Lebanese treasury for years.

PC&Parts is not alone , rather this theft is applicable to many electronic / computer shops here. As such , the last circular by MoF to report 11% VAT of products being sold in USD as LBP × the black market rate at the date of purchase. The repercussion here is deep loss on the end customer pocket. On one hand MoF will reduce tax evasion, but on the other hand , many shops will charge the VAT on the black market rate and not 1520 by listing their products purely in USD.

Last edited by Tech Guru (February 7 2021)

#33 February 8 2021

nosense

RandomMemory wrote:

exactly what I said, they were my number 1 shop in lebanon for electronics, now I don't even think about buying from them

#34 February 8 2021

NuclearVision

could you mention alternatives?

#35 February 8 2021

nosense

ezonelb is one of the best for pc parts, also mojitech has a very wide variety of stock for items not found elsewhere but his prices are a hit or miss.

#36 February 8 2021

bobo619

nosense wrote:

ezonelb is one of the best for pc parts, also mojitech has a very wide variety of stock for items not found elsewhere but his prices are a hit or miss.

If you haven't noticed is that Mojitech is a direct website mirror to pcandparts including prices. On top of that 60% of the items he posts online even though says In stock are out of stock and even never got them in the first place. A scummy way to get traffic to his website.

Proof:
https://pcandparts.com/pce-2400-va-raad-1200w/

https://mojitech.net/product/pce-ups-24 … w-lebanon/

#37 February 8 2021

NuclearVision

i agree i quoted him like last week with many reminders and no reply.

#38 February 8 2021

nosense

bobo619 wrote:
nosense wrote:

If you haven't noticed is that Mojitech is a direct website mirror to pcandparts including prices. On top of that 60% of the items he posts online even though says In stock are out of stock and even never got them in the first place. A scummy way to get traffic to his website.

Proof:
https://pcandparts.com/pce-2400-va-raad-1200w/

https://mojitech.net/product/pce-ups-24 … w-lebanon/

yes that’s why I said they’re a hit or miss, I find many items are extremely overpriced but then again it doesn’t hurt to check because I found them to have the best price multiple times, I once got a laptop from them for $2000 where it was $2100 everywhere else

#39 February 8 2021

NuclearVision

ok just an update, so pcandparts refused to sell me the pc build for no reason, on my second email they said its because they're increasing prices....
not sure if its a gpu issue...
Ezonelb don't have the ryzen i'm looking for.
Pretty much a Dead end

#40 February 9 2021

NuclearVision

any experience with macrotronics guys?

#41 February 9 2021

nosense

NuclearVision wrote:

ok just an update, so pcandparts refused to sell me the pc build for no reason, on my second email they said its because they're increasing prices....
not sure if its a gpu issue...
Ezonelb don't have the ryzen i'm looking for.
Pretty much a Dead end

are you looking to buy the whole pc from one shop ? just buy what is available in each shop and build it yourself

#42 February 9 2021

NuclearVision

I am trying but everyshops has restrictions.
For instance some shops wont sell you a gpu, or even a cpu without a motherboard or a complete system purchase.
I thought things were easy once the money is available, but it seems that everyone keep asking for more...

Last edited by NuclearVision (February 9 2021)

#43 February 9 2021

nosense

Oh I didn't know about those restrictions, so ezonelb won't sell you a system without the cpu for example ?

#44 February 9 2021

NuclearVision

No, ezone leb are good actually but they dont have what im looking for.
Question: is 850VA ups and 550W psu enough for ryzen 3600 and a 4gb gpu?

#45 February 9 2021

ballad

NuclearVision wrote:

I am trying but everyshops has restrictions.
For instance some shops wont sell you a gpu, or even a cpu without a motherboard or a complete system purchase.
I thought things were easy once the money is available, but it seems that everyone keep asking for more...

There's a shortage of pc parts worldwide, and in our market they are taking advantage of the situations by pushing to sell all old stocks of boards and cpus.

#46 February 9 2021

yasamoka

RandomMemory wrote:

I asked for and got VAT at 1500 LBP the last 2 times I ordered, before the new decision.

Last edited by yasamoka (February 9 2021)

#47 February 9 2021

DNA

legally if you pay is usd vat should be at 1500 i wonder what decision are they talking about there is no such thing. if you pay LBP then yea you will pay vat at market rate

#48 February 9 2021

yasamoka

DNA wrote:

legally if you pay is usd vat should be at 1500 i wonder what decision are they talking about there is no such thing. if you pay LBP then yea you will pay vat at market rate

The new decision forces invoicing in LBP.

#49 February 9 2021

nosense

DNA wrote:

there is such a thing

https://ibb.co/ZJfMhkH

#50 February 9 2021

NuclearVision

honestly i am avoiding pc and parts.
I found other better dealers.

Just a question regarding AmD I've been reading that it has problems when non 3200mhz ram is used?
Also people report lower core speeds
Anybody who is running ryzen 3000s can enlighten us?

Board footer