LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#326 December 24 2020

kfc

Re: Feedback for Cyberia

infiniteloop wrote:

Looks like they are limiting torrent speed to max 300kb/s now
Even with hundreds of seeders I can't go pass 300

i have the same issue with IDM

#327 December 24 2020

wollyka

kfc wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Do you have an unlimited plan? I just tried several torrents and they are full speed

#328 December 24 2020

kfc

wollyka wrote:
kfc wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Do you have an unlimited plan? I just tried several torrents and they are full speed

I have the 50GB plan :)

#329 December 24 2020

wollyka

Well, that's weird since limited quotas accounts are not throttled. Only unlimited or during unlimited nights.
However, today IDM started offering a one week free unlimited for Christmas. Maybe that's the reason!

#330 December 24 2020

kfc

wollyka wrote:

Well, that's weird since limited quotas accounts are not throttled. Only unlimited or during unlimited nights.
However, today IDM started offering a one week free unlimited for Christmas. Maybe that's the reason!

then how come it is still unlimited for you?

#331 February 4 2021

infiniteloop

Torrents are caped from 50kb/s to a max of 400kb/s even if you have a connection capable of 1.8mb/s
Cyberia is giving gifts like unlimited skype but they are killing the rest, it feels like we are back to dialup speed

Last edited by infiniteloop (February 4 2021)

#332 February 11 2021

infiniteloop

Is Fiber as good as advertise by cyberia? Or it's like adsl  with lot of capped download speed on torrents?
Do they offer things like unlimited weekends?
The only thing killing me is the abusive price of unlimited night

#333 December 2 2022

GeorgeN

Hello guys, just moved to Cyberia ADSL. Wanted to ask is their download capped even though they advertise it as full speed? I subbed to Cybersmart - Gamer, which states it's open speed but it never goes above 5 - 5.5 mbps (ADSL modem is always synced on 12mbps). This is independent of peak time. I get 5 mbps at 8 pm, I get 5mbps at 6 am in the morning. Is this normal?

#334 December 13 2022

Space

GeorgeN wrote:

Hello guys, just moved to Cyberia ADSL. Wanted to ask is their download capped even though they advertise it as full speed? I subbed to Cybersmart - Gamer, which states it's open speed but it never goes above 5 - 5.5 mbps (ADSL modem is always synced on 12mbps). This is independent of peak time. I get 5 mbps at 8 pm, I get 5mbps at 6 am in the morning. Is this normal?

How have you found Cyberia so far? in terms of customer support, the speed at night, FUP, etc...

I'm considering switching from THGV to either Cyberia, IDM, or Ogero...

#335 December 14 2022

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

How have you found Cyberia so far? in terms of customer support, the speed at night, FUP, etc...

Anything is better than THGV. THGV gives you 500 kbit of internet at night on anything that isn't youtube or instagram, they only allow download speed to those websites.

As for cyberia, here's the experience until now:

1. It's advertised as full speed, my modem syncs at 12 mbit, but the speed is capped at 6 mbit. Their support is much better than THGV, you can call, send them an email, or go to cyberia.net.lb and get technical support through live chat (it's fast they always answer). Here is the bad part, it takes them a long time to solve anything. They acknowledged that my modem is synced at 12mbit but the speed is capped at 6 mbit and they are checking what the issue is. They have been checking for 10 days and it's still capped at 6mbit, whenever I ask them again they say "still in progress at the network department". But it's 5-6mbit of real internet all the time, it never slows down, not even at night, in terms of bandwidth. It took them 5 days to turn interleaving off for me. I also asked them to enable Annex M (8 days ago) and they still haven't done it.

As for the pings on gaming, it's very good until night time comes (60 - 75ms to europe). On the weekends at night don't even try to play games, there is like 10% packet loss. On the week days at night it's better but still too much packet loss to play comfortably. I reported this issue to them and they said they are aware of this slowness during peak times and the networking department is doing all it can to solve it ASAP. To me this means: We have too much traffic during peak time and can't do anything to improve the experience.

So the TLDR is they are much better than THGV, support replies quickly, and at night they give your download speed but they cap it at 50% at all times. Ping is also a lot more stable than THGV. Down side is: They don't admit that they have your speed capped, and it takes them a long time to fix anything. If you just want a good internet that doesn't slow down at night (they might not cap you i don't know why i'm capped), and don't mind waiting until they solve the packet loss issue at night for gaming, cyberia is a good choice.

If you want the best possible internet without headache, just go for Ogero, all private ISPs suck in this country compared to them.

#336 December 14 2022

Space

GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

Anything is better than THGV. THGV gives you 500 kbit of internet at night on anything that isn't youtube or instagram, they only allow download speed to those websites.

1. It's advertised as full speed, my modem syncs at 12 mbit, but the speed is capped at 6 mbit. Their support is much better than THGV, you can call, send them an email, or go to cyberia.net.lb and get technical support through live chat (it's fast they always answer). Here is the bad part, it takes them a long time to solve anything. They acknowledged that my modem is synced at 12mbit but the speed is capped at 6 mbit and they are checking what the issue is. They have been checking for 10 days and it's still capped at 6mbit, whenever I ask them again they say "still in progress at the network department". But it's 5-6mbit of real internet all the time, it never slows down, not even at night, in terms of bandwidth. It took them 5 days to turn interleaving off for me. I also asked them to enable Annex M (8 days ago) and they still haven't done it.

As for the pings on gaming, it's very good until night time comes (60 - 75ms to europe). On the weekends at night don't even try to play games, there is like 10% packet loss. On the week days at night it's better but still too much packet loss to play comfortably. I reported this issue to them and they said they are aware of this slowness during peak times and the networking department is doing all it can to solve it ASAP. To me this means: We have too much traffic during peak time and can't do anything to improve the experience.

So the TLDR is they are much better than THGV, support replies quickly, and at night they give your download speed but they cap it at 50% at all times. Ping is also a lot more stable than THGV. Down side is: They don't admit that they have your speed capped, and it takes them a long time to fix anything. If you just want a good internet that doesn't slow down at night (they might not cap you i don't know why i'm capped), and don't mind waiting until they solve the packet loss issue at night for gaming, cyberia is a good choice.

If you want the best possible internet without headache, just go for Ogero, all private ISPs suck in this country compared to them.

Anything is better than THGV

Ikr, In terms of prices and plans, their service was the best, but I'm not sure what they're doing now.

I'm genuinely curious why did you select Cyberia over Ogero when Ogero is definitely better.

Do you know how much an Ogero modem costs? And, am I able to buy my own modem? If so, do you have any suggestions in mind?
Also, how long did THGV take to cancel your service?

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback regarding Cyberia.

#337 December 14 2022

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:
Space wrote:

Anything is better than THGV

Ikr, In terms of prices and plans, their service was the best, but I'm not sure what they're doing now.

I'm genuinely curious why did you select Cyberia over Ogero when Ogero is definitely better.

Do you know how much an Ogero modem costs? And, am I able to buy my own modem? If so, do you have any suggestions in mind?
Also, how long did THGV take to cancel your service?

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback regarding Cyberia.

Thgv was #1 like 1.5 - 2 years ago when they first opened. In terms of ping, packages, prices, everything. Because of their attractive packages everyone subscribed with them and now they can't handle the load. They keep saying they asked for upgrades but when those bandwidth upgrades come who knows. 5 months, 1 year, 2 years. We can't have unusable internet for a year.

I selected cyberia simply because their cybersmart packages sounded too good. Open speed unlimited and a gaming quality connection for only 200,000 lbp / month. So I wanted to try it. Ogero will be more expensive for sure.

I haven't bought an ogero modem but doesn't matter the source it should work on any ADSL modem. I've always been using my own modem for all ISPs, not sure if Ogero forces you to buy one from them.

THGV takes forever to cancel. They just ignore your request. The new ISP will ask you to send them an email requesting a clearance letter. They will never reply to that email because they lost the password of their email account. If you call them and tell them to send a clearance letter they will tell you they will send it but they don't do anything. I had to call them 20x over 1 week to finally get it. When I sent the clearance letter to cyberia they also fell asleep and didn't do anything until I reminded them that they have the letter and to swap me already. I think they just don't care much for residential packages because anything related to a residential DSL they ignore it as long as possible.

Edit: If I were in your position I would check if my line is feasible for VDSL, then just go with ogero VDSL (if fiber isn't available in your area). Sadly neither are available on my line so im stuck with ADSL

Last edited by GeorgeN (December 15 2022)

#338 December 19 2022

Space

I haven't bought an ogero modem but doesn't matter the source it should work on any ADSL modem. I've always been using my own modem for all ISPs, not sure if Ogero forces you to buy one from them.

If you don't mind asking which modem do you own? Is Tp-link W9960 worth it? I need it for SNR tweaking.

They will never reply to that email because they lost the password of their email account.

Not surprised tbh, their website hasn't been updated with the new prices and plans for the past 2-3 years.

Edit: If I were in your position I would check if my line is feasible for VDSL, then just go with Ogero VDSL (if fiber isn't available in your area). Sadly neither are available on my line so im stuck with ADSL

I'm stuck in the same boat. No Fiber, or VDSL, and the cable guy want 470,000alf for 8gb/day. So ADSL is my only option. btw how much does Annex M increase the upstream rate?

Last edited by Space (December 19 2022)

#339 December 19 2022

GeorgeN

I own a TP-LINK TD-W8970. You can tweak the SNR on it to sync on different speeds (i've done it before).

Haha yeah looks like the people who made them the website don't work with them anymore and they don't want any additional expenses. (typical in this country, energy bridge has the same issue, they asked me to work on their website but I don't do Laravel web dev).

Annex M increases upload up to 2.5 mbit from 1mbit, but it will be reduced from the download speed. (my modem syncs at 12 mbit and I never got above 7 mbit download so im pretty sure it doesn't matter). However if you stream anything or have conference calls this increase is a life saver. Can't do anything with 700kbit upload speed. Good luck getting anyone to enable Annex M though, i've been trying since the first of the month.

#340 December 20 2022

DNA

i got it enabled on my line, but they left the profile hard capped at 1024mbps and i havent found anyone who can remove it it seems its hard coded and so called  "engineers" at both private and ogero only know how to click preconfigured buttons

#341 January 19 2023

GeorgeN

Hello guys, just wanted to ask if anyone is suffering from packet loss with cyberia from 7 pm --> 12 am. It's pretty bad and has been going on for a while now.

#342 April 3 2023

infiniteloop

Looks like cyberia is throttling again torrents with fiber connection, I can't get past 1.5mb/s even with hundred of seeders

#343 April 28 2023

GeorgeN

infiniteloop wrote:

Looks like cyberia is throttling again torrents with fiber connection, I can't get past 1.5mb/s even with hundred of seeders

They always have issues due to high load in the evening so they throttle things. They have had a packet loss issue for months, unusable for gaming from 6 pm till 12 am (20% packet loss it's crazy) and they never fix it only implementing temporary solutions that reduce the problem for a few days then it comes back again. They are professional on the surface but in reality they have no idea how to fix their network infrastructure. This time he told me since they implemented "security" on the nodes it is using higher CPU power and when things get congested it starts dropping packets. Okay then turn off security or fix it in some way instead of leaving it like it is for 2 weeks. I don't know if IDM has the same issues, they are apparently the same company.

#344 September 16 2023

GeorgeN

Hello guys follow-up for Cyberia ADSL: Pretty good now, 65~ms ping if you play on EU servers (Ask to turn off interleaving), it's decent even at peak times, and download doesn't slow down at all. However I recommend only going for Open Speed packages to maintain this quality, unlimited packages are subject to throttling and FUP out of the box. (Example unlimited gaming package is instantly capped at 6mbps).

#345 September 18 2023

Space

GeorgeN wrote:

Hello guys follow-up for Cyberia ADSL: Pretty good now, 65~ms ping if you play on EU servers (Ask to turn off interleaving), it's decent even at peak times, and download doesn't slow down at all. However I recommend only going for Open Speed packages to maintain this quality, unlimited packages are subject to throttling and FUP out of the box. (Example unlimited gaming package is instantly capped at 6mbps).

Would you recommend them over THGV? because I'm hoping to change my ISP this month, currently looking at the cable options in the area and IDM or ogero.

Last edited by Space (September 18 2023)

#346 September 20 2023

GeorgeN

Space wrote:
GeorgeN wrote:

Would you recommend them over THGV? because I'm hoping to change my ISP this month, currently looking at the cable options in the area and IDM or ogero.

Yep, as long as you get an Open Speed package I recommend them. Don't go near the unlimited or CyberSmart packages, they are horrible, you want the FS plans:

Full Speed:

685,000 LBP / 110 GB
1,075,000 LBP / 170 GB
1,350,000 LBP / 220 GB
1,800,000 LBP / 300 GB
2,150,000 / 400 GB
2,525,000 LBP / 500 GB

#347 October 5 2023

Space

Are they facing DNS issues?

#348 October 6 2023