LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 17 2021

duke-of-bytes

Helping others

Inspired by Nuclearcat help and valuable support , I started yhis on my LinkedIn to help anyone for free during my free time..in this pandemic we all need help

LinkedIn

#2 January 17 2021

yasamoka

Re: Helping others

Lovely initiative. Best of luck.

#3 January 17 2021

nuclearcat

Same here. If someone need help with Linux, electronics, some backend stuff and low level (php/golang/c/c++)- feel free to write here or to telegram @nuclearcatlb .

Btw, one of my hopes, if we can build a "live" professional geeks community. Sometimes i notice my friends are stuck on silly questions, like they experience connectivity issues and want to ask people around, if it is him only or everybody in Lebanon, and they have no place to ask.

Russian-speaking techies have telegram groups where professionals communicate and help others, incl. newcomers, beginners.
For example, in the chat of _ordinary electricians_ - more than 2000 people. Networking(corporate) - 2843 members, and so on.

All that regardless of disagreements on life issues, political views. Because anybody deviating from professional topics are warned, and if he doesnt listen - he is kicked out of the groups. Being banned in such group - very negative impact and shame on professional reputation. Recently foreigners started come to the groups, mostly from countries with similar languages (Slavic), but some are english-speaking.

Some groups are very strict on rules and restrict even chattery on professional topics, to not waste time of experienced members on non-interesting subjects and to keep their attention on interesting, short riddles only.
And such groups often help to solve questions for which there is no answer anywhere on the internet. (But sure everybody should "google" and do his homework before asking).
I'm not talking about the fact that I often just read daily what ideas and questions people discussed in groups, to get free new knowledge and to find new ideas and inspiration.
P.S. One of similar groups my Lebanese friends created for IT, but there is mostly IT executives working abroad, not engineers.

#4 January 25 2021

Idler

I am also ready to help anyone with anything related to IT / System and Servers / AD / Linux / Troubleshooting

Board footer