LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 16 2021

ironman

Invex HD Receivers

Hello Guys,

Two days ago my Receiver and Smart TV got fried by a lightning strike. the TV needs a replacement board and the receiver got fried (As per the Cable guy)

He suggested to replace it with a brand new one that costs 70$ and I am pretty sure that he inflated the price by a lot.

- Do you think any generic receiver would work fine? (Note: This invex receiver has a card slot)
- Do you know where to get those Invex receivers? (Aliexpress is not an option since i need it the soonest)

Thank you

#2 January 16 2021

RandomMemory

Re: Invex HD Receivers

Honestly dude? Just get a starsat with forever and watch w/e via internet card sharing. Even OSN works on card sharing.

#3 January 16 2021

xazbrat

RandomMemory wrote:

Honestly dude? Just get a starsat with forever and watch w/e via internet card sharing. Even OSN works on card sharing.

This is what I would recommend too.  As for your receiver, take it to an independent shop which fixes receivers and see what they say.  In many cases, they will be able to fix the problem using cannibalized parts.  It will be cheaper than the $70 that the cable guy is offering and it is a common enough problem that they should be able to fix it.

Last edited by xazbrat (January 16 2021)

#4 January 16 2021

Beta0

A bit unrelated, genuine Strong receivers are fast in menu/channel switching and startup plus no incredibly dumb channel group management, there are new few cheap receivers out there that don't feature channel ordering. Had to go through few brands due to lightning.

Board footer