LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 12 2021

duke-of-bytes

PHP help

hello awesome people
i am facing a problem with a register page in an NGO website i try to help probono , i have no clue what to do
the website was working on an older server before i switched them to a new vps that i paid for
both have whm/cpanel
site works normally but when i try to sign up i get error 500
can anyone check it with me ? ill give you netflix or something ( this is for an NGO but i understand work )
thank you

#2 January 12 2021

nuclearcat

Re: PHP help

If its NGO - will help for free. But issue might be hard, most likely its due different php version.
Check in web server error log for hints.
In case you want to chat - telegram @nuclearcatlb

#3 January 12 2021

duke-of-bytes

nuclearcat wrote:

If its NGO - will help for free. But issue might be hard, most likely its due different php version.

I DMed you , i have older backups from the older vps - logs are only showing security errors from the WAF on my vps but nothing serious

#4 January 12 2021

beezer

Check if you can run multiple php versions and downgrade to the one you were using before and go from there.

#5 January 12 2021

duke-of-bytes

nuclearcat wrote:

He did it, the madman did it!
I don't know what he did, he doesn't know what he did, but it is working!

#6 January 12 2021

yasamoka

nuclearcat is awesome.

#7 January 13 2021

nuclearcat

It was fun! Helps me to not feel rusty :-D

#8 January 13 2021

duke-of-bytes

nuclearcat wrote:

It was fun! Helps me to not feel rusty :-D

can you give us an idea about the troubleshooting you did ?

#9 January 13 2021

nuclearcat

1)Learning what is laravel, where does it store error logs and what is common causes of errors (storage directories permissions, their caching system)
2)Also learned that there is specific kind of CMS used, noticed name when we first managed to get "default" page, then googling errors related to migration
3)Found way to enable more nice debugging (in .env, the one i asked to disable later)
4)Cleaned all cache files manually, used also commands to clean them as well over artisan, and last trick that most likely made it work - deleting config.php in bootstrap directory (that is seems cached and not autoupdated properly)
5)Last one was changing email method from smtp to mail, seems hosting doesnt allow to make tcp connections. (in .env), this is about error messages on registration

Board footer