LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 18 2020

VipModz

Trophy hunters PS3/PS4/PS5

I was searching around the forum and didn't find any topics related to trophy hunting, and since it's a huge part of the gaming community on PlayStation I started this topic.

My brother started trophy hunting on the PS3 in early 2012, and then I took over on the PS4 in late 2016, my biggest achievement was to platinum GTA V (100 hours story mode / 120 hours online), what about you?

is there any fellow PlayStation gamer here who used to trophy hunt back in the days?!

#2 December 18 2020

kareem_nasser

Re: Trophy hunters PS3/PS4/PS5

Never found a reason to invest hundreds of hours in a game after i was done. Maybe if i was a teenager yes.

#3 December 18 2020

chosen2k

I have around 80 plats. Stopped hunting a long time ago and last I've turned on the ps to play was two years ago. Hope this will change when my ps5 gets here.

#4 December 18 2020

LifeEngineer

I have zero platinums and I even rarely finish big games (open world specifically).

Last games I finished were maybe Uncharted 4 and The last of use because the story was nice and short while being nearly linear.
I love open world game however, and that's the weird part! But I get bored fast!

Some of the open world games that I've played included all sort of Assasins creed, GTA5, RDR2, The witcher 3, Metal gear solid 5 etc, and I finished none of these! Most progress was maybe in MGS5 at like 35% maybe; all others around 15 to 20% max and I get bored fast and dump the game...

Recently, when I switched to PC, I discovered that I am no longer interested in single player games of any sort. All I play now are online/multiplayer games like milsims and simracing. Playing against AI no longer feeds my interest, or sense of accomplishment, in case you get what I mean. But even then, I'm not interested in achievements/trophies at all.

Sorry if that doesn't answer your question directly @VipModz, but I wanted to cast my opinion as this topic was always in the back of my mind. Am I a true gamer?! Should I be feeling any urge or desire to get trophies?! Am I a gamer or a collector of games?! Why did I play these games if not for the final accomplishment of finishing them?!
I kinda envy people like you that at least follow a path or eye a certain target while I feel sometimes that I play aimlessly... But then again, I can't just fake any interest for these trophies... It's either there or not, I guess.

Last edited by LifeEngineer (December 18 2020)

#5 December 18 2020

VipModz

kareem_nasser wrote:

Never found a reason to invest hundreds of hours in a game after i was done. Maybe if i was a teenager yes.

It starts when you beat a game you like so much (e.g Horizon Zero Dawn) and you feel like you need to do more, you notice that you only completed 60% of the trophy list so you start doing unfinished tasks (side missions, collectibles, etc) to earn the rest of the trophies, when you do that you'll get rewarded with a nice platinum trophy (Unlock all Trophies), then you get to a point were you no longer care about finishing the game, you only care about earning trophies.

#6 December 18 2020

VipModz

chosen2k wrote:

I have around 80 plats. Stopped hunting a long time ago and last I've turned on the ps to play was two years ago. Hope this will change when my ps5 gets here.

That's pretty impressive, is your PSN region Lebanon? if yes then you might be in the top 20 trophy hunters in Lebanon on psnprofiles.com, do you mind sharing your PSN ID with us, so we can check your profile out of curiosity.

#7 December 18 2020

VipModz

LifeEngineer wrote:

I have zero platinums and I even rarely finish big games (open world specifically).

Last games I finished were maybe Uncharted 4 and The last of use because the story was nice and short while being nearly linear.
I love open world game however, and that's the weird part! But I get bored fast!

Some of the open world games that I've played included all sort of Assasins creed, GTA5, RDR2, The witcher 3, Metal gear solid 5 etc, and I finished none of these! Most progress was maybe in MGS5 at like 35% maybe; all others around 15 to 20% max and I get bored fast and dump the game...

Recently, when I switched to PC, I discovered that I am no longer interested in single player games of any sort. All I play now are online/multiplayer games like milsims and simracing. Playing against AI no longer feeds my interest, or sense of accomplishment, in case you get what I mean. But even then, I'm not interested in achievements/trophies at all.

Sorry if that doesn't answer your question directly @VipModz, but I wanted to cast my opinion as this topic was always in the back of my mind. Am I a true gamer?! Should I be feeling any urge or desire to get trophies?! Am I a gamer or a collector of games?! Why did I play these games if not for the final accomplishment of finishing them?!
I kinda envy people like you that at least follow a path or eye a certain target while I feel sometimes that I play aimlessly... But then again, I can't just fake any interest for these trophies... It's either there or not, I guess.

I think the problem is with the open world games you've played, I am surprised you didn't finish games like RDR2 and GTA 5 (both require 100% game completion for platinum pain in the a$$) in my opinion before switching to pc you should've tried another type of open world game (e.g Marvel Spiderman) I am pretty sure you would finish the story + go for the platinum.

I have a similar experience, sometimes I play an open world game (Farcry 5, Ghost recon...) I got bored fast (mainly because of the same repetitive missions) and dump the game but then after months I start playing (Farcry 5) again and finish it by the next day, the main problem you have with open world games in my opinion is that you don't come back after dumping it (you should consider giving it another chance)

Of course you are a true gamer, the desire to get trophies starts when you like a game so much to the point you want to do everything you can in it, the problem with following the path to earn trophies, once you unlock the platinum trophy you never/rarely play the game again (that's the only downside of trophy hunting imo).

My advice if your ever get back to play on a console try playing Marvel Spiderman (fun open world game with beautiful graphics), unlock the plat trophy and you'll see how that feels!

Last edited by VipModz (December 18 2020)

#8 September 18 2021

stealthlevel100

I do, I really love trophy hunting it is a lot of fun and adds more value to the games I bought. My psn account is US not Lebanon because at the time I created the account, PSN was not available in Lebanon region yet. I am going for the hardest Playstation platinum trophy "Crypt of the NecroDancer". Just one trophy left. I would have gotten it by now it if it wasn't for the constant electricity cuts and issues. my id is stealthlevel100 at psnprofiles if u want to check my trophies, I have 74 platinums.

Board footer