LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 November 20 2020

ramy58

Re: PlayStation 5 Officially Announced

nosense wrote:

abed tahan (official sony reseller) is selling the ps5 for $1250
what a fucked up country we live in

I've been told by a store that prices are super high right now because there is very limited stock everywhere, and some people are ready to pay anything. Two weeks from now, prices should go back to around $700.

#127 November 20 2020

nosense

ramy58 wrote:
nosense wrote:

I've been told by a store that prices are super high right now because there is very limited stock everywhere, and some people are ready to pay anything. Two weeks from now, prices should go back to around $700.

that is correct, but if you're an official reseller and see that there's a black market going around, you don't become a black market yourself, unless you're in lebanon and don't care about any laws

#128 November 20 2020

ramy58

nosense wrote:
ramy58 wrote:
nosense wrote:

that is correct, but if you're an official reseller and see that there's a black market going around, you don't become a black market yourself, unless you're in lebanon and don't care about any laws

That's definitely true, it's like if Best Buy would be selling the PS5 at the same price as eBay scalpers. Pretty crazy.

#129 November 22 2020

Tech Guru

ramy58 wrote:
nosense wrote:

The root of the problem is Sony. They limited the supply worldwide. Scaplers are every way. In UAE currently there is no stock at all. The demand is very high and supply is low making the prices to skyrocket. Here in Lebanon, on thursday, the a lot of units had been sold at 1500USD ttc. Rich kids don't care.

Many big resellers have been pulling in a lof of units at Fattal price ( 720 ttc usd for the disc version ) , with limited supply , they have been drying uo the market and creating a monopolistic approach in  setting prices.

Nevertheless , from a technical prespective , a find the machine impressive. From lunch titles and back compatible titles , it's showing a good potential.

Second batch will arrive have at ETA between 30th of November and 10th of December. The price will  be lower here this time , approximately 695 usd ttc for the disc version.

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 22 2020)

#130 November 22 2020

nosense

Tech Guru wrote:
ramy58 wrote:
nosense wrote:

The root of the problem is Sony. They limited the supply worldwide. Scaplers are every way. In UAE currently there is no stock at all. The demand is very high and supply is low making the prices to skyrocket. Here in Lebanon, on thursday, the a lot of units had been sold at 1500USD ttc. Rich kids don't care.

Many big resellers have been pulling in a lof of units at Fattal price ( 720 ttc usd for the disc version ) , with limited supply , they have been drying uo the market and creating a monopolistic approach in  setting prices.

Nevertheless , from a technical prespective , a find the machine impressive. From lunch titles and back compatible titles , it's showing a good potential.

Second batch will arrive have at ETA between 30th of November and 10th of December. The price will  be lower here this time , approximately 695 usd ttc for the disc version.

do you know where can I reserve from the second batch?

#131 November 22 2020

RandomMemory

You can pre order at phonefinity and gadgitech for second batch

#132 November 22 2020

Salloum

I didn't read the entire thread but I can pretty much guess how it's going. PATIENCE. We're not (at least I think most of us?) 15 year old teenagers. Wait until January and get it for the normal price. That's what I decided to do after weeks of suffering.

#133 November 22 2020

ramy58

Salloum wrote:

I didn't read the entire thread but I can pretty much guess how it's going. PATIENCE. We're not (at least I think most of us?) 15 year old teenagers. Wait until January and get it for the normal price. That's what I decided to do after weeks of suffering.

I'm 21, but I have the patience of a 12 year old.

#134 November 22 2020

LifeEngineer

ramy58 wrote:
Salloum wrote:

Besides I highly doubt it'll come down to "normal" prices even in 2021 altogether unless "normal" for you is like 700$+.
For me the regular needs to be <600$ and the digital <500$ to start consider these prices as normal!

#135 November 22 2020

RandomMemory

the thing is, the ps4 was still being sold until the last day for 450$. I doubt the ps5 will be cheaper than 650$ in 2021

#136 November 23 2020

Tech Guru

LifeEngineer wrote:
ramy58 wrote:
Salloum wrote:

Besides I highly doubt it'll come down to "normal" prices even in 2021 altogether unless "normal" for you is like 700$+.
For me the regular needs to be <600$ and the digital <500$ to start consider these prices as normal!

<600 usd is a highly optimistic approach

PS5 Disc Version

Internatinal MSRP : 500 USD
Add shipment + customs + 11% vat + shops profit margin + low sony supply world wide will net you > 600 USD immediately.

1st batch at Kouyoumji  was sold at the best price available here.
647 USD (Cash or at Daily Market rate) + 11% Vat ( 72 USD) paid at 1520

= 647 USD + 109,000 LBP  for the Disc Edition.

In terms of USD ( Black market rate on the lunch day the 19th was 8000 LBP / 1$) = 647 + 109,000/8000 = 661 USD

Nevertheless , Fattal did not fulfill him with enough units matching his long preorder list. Lucky for those who dropped one from Kouyoumji at this price!

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 23 2020)

#137 November 23 2020

Salloum

LifeEngineer wrote:
ramy58 wrote:
Salloum wrote:

It's 500$ in normal countries, so to me 600$ should be the price in Lebanon, that's what I would consider reasonable. I'm fairly certain it will reach this price by January. Let's see! One thing's for sure, I'm not paying 1000$+ for it...

#138 November 24 2020

LifeEngineer

Tech Guru wrote:

<600 usd is a highly optimistic approach

PS5 Disc Version

Internatinal MSRP : 500 USD
Add shipment + customs + 11% vat + shops profit margin + low sony supply world wide will net you > 600 USD immediately.

1st batch at Kouyoumji  was sold at the best price available here.
647 USD (Cash or at Daily Market rate) + 11% Vat ( 72 USD) paid at 1520

= 647 USD + 109,000 LBP  for the Disc Edition.

In terms of USD ( Black market rate on the lunch day the 19th was 8000 LBP / 1$) = 647 + 109,000/8000 = 661 USD

Nevertheless , Fattal did not fulfill him with enough units matching his long preorder list. Lucky for those who dropped one from Kouyoumji at this price!

This is true for regular shops, not for AN OFFICIAL REGIONAL DISTRIBUTOR like FATTAL.

You can't calculate shipping or customs or other variants for such distributors. Otherwise, how is the PS5 being sold at the official price all over the world?!
By your logic, it should be sold for 499$ (or its equivalent) in China and maybe Japan only, and more expensive everywhere else.
Fattal is NOT getting the PS5 for 499$ that's for sure. He gets it at a lowered price like every distributor around the world does.
And now with bad case of our currency, things should be even cheaper for us ( in terms of the final USD price we have to pay).

But I'm not surprised, we are corrupt people living in a badly corrupt governed country....

Last edited by LifeEngineer (November 24 2020)

#139 November 24 2020

chosen2k

Do we have proof of Fattal selling it for this price? We should be able to report it

#140 November 24 2020

Salloum

chosen2k wrote:

Do we have proof of Fattal selling it for this price? We should be able to report it

LOL... no offense, but sometimes I feel like people forget what Lebanon is...

#141 November 24 2020

Beta0

Salloum wrote:
chosen2k wrote:

LOL... no offense, but sometimes I feel like people forget what Lebanon is...

Pretty sure he/she is joking.

#142 November 25 2020

chosen2k

What do we lose if we try?

#143 November 25 2020

Tech Guru

Two PS5s Disc Edition sealed and with warranty are needed. I pay USD 1800 for the two but I need them asap , no preorders no wait.

#144 November 25 2020

anayman_k7

New scalper-ing opportunity
hqdefault.jpg

#145 November 25 2020

Beta0

Tech Guru wrote:

Two PS5s Disc Edition sealed and with warranty are needed. I pay USD 1800 for the two but I need them asap , no preorders no wait.

Since there are many scalpers out there jacking up prices, a good motive is to scalp as much as possible and do a tiny markup to lower the bar.

#146 November 25 2020

Tech Guru

Beta0 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Since there are many scalpers out there jacking up prices, a good motive is to scalp as much as possible and do a tiny markup to lower the bar.

Tell Sony to increase their supply to lower the prices. Law of supply- demand is now applicable. At the end no one is putting the trigger in a person head to force him/her to unwillingly purchase. At the end it's a luxury and secondary commidity.

#147 November 25 2020

anayman_k7

Tech Guru wrote:
Beta0 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Tell Sony to increase their supply to lower the prices. Law of supply- demand is now applicable. At the end no one is putting the trigger in a person head to force him/her to unwillingly purchase. At the end it's a luxury and secondary commidity.

Last time I checked monopolism was not legal, because you are doing it on personal level it is not illegal but it is for damn sure unethical

#148 November 25 2020

Beta0

It would be great if stores jack it up, at least there is warranty, and then they can lower them as the supply increases, scalpers will lose a lot when they have to lower them, which eliminates them in the first place. Though I believe warranties are a joke in Lebanon aren't they?

Last edited by Beta0 (November 25 2020)

#149 November 26 2020

Kareem

Hi Guys, I got my hands on two PS5 that will be delivered to me around mid december. Anyone interested? Got the from USA for 500 + state tax ~ 550 USD.

Not sure if 725 USD is a reasonable price...

#150 November 26 2020

kareem_nasser

Sony rolled out a couple of firmware updates so far, that seem to address issues like the front usb port not charging the controller.

Board footer