LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 2 weeks ago

MoeMilord
Member

Ogero VDSL?

Hi everyone!

So i'm looking to understand if there's a whole lot of difference between Ogero's ADSL & VDSL.
i'm currently using open speed package & Down is 24mbps & Up is 1mbps.
i've contacted Ogero and they replied with this.

Dear Mohamad,

The application for VDSL in your line’s case can be done similarly to a switch in package. Note that the packages of VDSL are the same as those of ADSL.
Simply provide the below details and we will submit the request for a VDSL switch:

- Name

- Picture of Landline owner's ID (front and back)

- Landline Number

- Contact Number

- Desired Internet Package

Will i get better Upload? what will i see dramatically change?

Offline

#2 2 weeks ago

wollyka
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

Yes
You will have better upload and download

I was getting 14 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload on ADSL2+
Now on VDSL, I am getting, 22 - 24 Mbps download and 6-7 Mbps upload

In your case, you will reach higher download , probably in the 31 Mbps and upload at 7 Mbps

Edit: I am with IDM, but it will be true for Ogero too

Last edited by wollyka (2 weeks ago)

Offline

#3 2 weeks ago

LifeEngineer
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

Funny enough I switched to VDSL last week.
I was also on open speed 200GB package.
On DSL: 15down, 1up
On VDSL: 30down, 9up
It's awesome.
However, I've noticed that my ping increased by like 20ms across the board. But I'm fine with that to get a better upload,

Offline

#4 2 weeks ago

MoeMilord
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

LifeEngineer wrote:

Funny enough I switched to VDSL last week.
I was also on open speed 200GB package.
On DSL: 15down, 1up
On VDSL: 30down, 9up
It's awesome.
However, I've noticed that my ping increased by like 20ms across the board. But I'm fine with that to get a better upload,

Maybe ask them to switch off Interleaving agian? since (idk if it's technically possible) could have change back to default value/On?

Offline

#5 2 weeks ago

MoeMilord
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

Also guys, Some information regarding how you requested the VDSL & Location where you live & the distance you are from Ogero Central can give me a glimse of what should i expect.

Offline

#6 2 weeks ago

wollyka
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

I DMed Ogero on twitter and told them to do a feasibility test.
After 2 weeks, they replied that I can switch to VDSL.
So I called IDM (since I am with them and the GDS DSLAM) and Informed them that I want to switch and that my line is feasible.
They took them 1.5 month to switch me (and I changed the modem of course)
Mazraa Centrale - 850 meters away

Offline

#7 2 weeks ago

LifeEngineer
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

MoeMilord wrote:

Maybe ask them to switch off Interleaving agian? since (idk if it's technically possible) could have change back to default value/On?

Yeah I've thought about doing that, but TBH sometimes when things are working great I'm afraid to call them so they don't mess up something ?...

Offline

#8 2 weeks ago

LifeEngineer
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

MoeMilord wrote:

Also guys, Some information regarding how you requested the VDSL & Location where you live & the distance you are from Ogero Central can give me a glimse of what should i expect.

I think if you have on DSL a download of around 8mbps or more then it's pretty sure you'll be able to get VDSL.

When I called them, the mam was nice ans checked my line immediately and told me that I can see you're currently taking like 15mbps so it's very fast and you probably can have VDSL.

I'm not so close to any central but luckily, for once, the FTTC cabinet is just like 50m away from my house, so that's why.

I come from a frustrating dynamic cable connection of 1mbps (and goes down to 256kbps the more you use your internet) where I couldn't play online or do anything (used my 4G for all of that), to a VDSL connection. The difference is like literally day and night. Finally I can enjoy my internet.

Last edited by LifeEngineer (2 weeks ago)

Offline

#9 2 weeks ago

HzSamer
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

LifeEngineer wrote:

Funny enough I switched to VDSL last week.
I was also on open speed 200GB package.
On DSL: 15down, 1up
On VDSL: 30down, 9up
It's awesome.
However, I've noticed that my ping increased by like 20ms across the board. But I'm fine with that to get a better upload,

Call them and request Interleaving to be off. I am playing on 54-68ms to Europe servers. If you have any kind of instability on your line after doing that. Just give them another call and request Interleaving to be on again.

Offline

#10 2 weeks ago

LifeEngineer
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

HzSamer wrote:

Call them and request Interleaving to be off. I am playing on 54-68ms to Europe servers. If you have any kind of instability on your line after doing that. Just give them another call and request Interleaving to be on again.

Had it off on DSL but I'm not sure if it's off or on now that they moved me to VDSL. You reckon it was turned off again?

Edit: called them like couple of hours ago and the guy had me wait like 5min and in the end was like "ok it's done now".
So i rebooted the router and checked back again and I can say that it's still the same if not slightly worse...
Bummer

Last edited by LifeEngineer (2 weeks ago)

Offline

#11 2 weeks ago

Victor
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

I’m currently on IDM adsl and have 10mb down 1mb up.

Any idea what speeds I might get with vdsl ?

Offline

#12 2 weeks ago

wollyka
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

Victor wrote:

I’m currently on IDM adsl and have 10mb down 1mb up.

Any idea what speeds I might get with vdsl ?

At first check if your line is feasible. 10 Mbps down suggests that you may be far from the Centrale/cabinet. (by far I mean 1000m+)

Offline

#13 1 weeks ago

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

wollyka wrote:
Victor wrote:

I’m currently on IDM adsl and have 10mb down 1mb up.

Any idea what speeds I might get with vdsl ?

At first check if your line is feasible. 10 Mbps down suggests that you may be far from the Centrale/cabinet. (by far I mean 1000m+)

1km+ is far? complaining about 10 Mbps?
some people like me are 4km+ from the central and the speed barely reaches 1.3Mbps..

They didn't know how to install cabinets

Offline

#14 6 days ago

wollyka
Member

Re: Ogero VDSL?

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge wrote:
wollyka wrote:
Victor wrote:

I’m currently on IDM adsl and have 10mb down 1mb up.

Any idea what speeds I might get with vdsl ?

At first check if your line is feasible. 10 Mbps down suggests that you may be far from the Centrale/cabinet. (by far I mean 1000m+)

1km+ is far? complaining about 10 Mbps?
some people like me are 4km+ from the central and the speed barely reaches 1.3Mbps..

They didn't know how to install cabinets

1km+ is far for VDSL.
It is a shitty country. Don't expect fiber or new cabinets this decade.

Offline

Board footer