LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 November 10 2020

RandomMemory

Re: PlayStation 5 Officially Announced

Tech Guru wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Are we even able to buy on release day due to lockdown

I locked my name on the preorder list of several shops. I communicated with them today and they told me they will deliver during the lockdown.

Can you give me the name of the shops.

#52 November 10 2020

Tech Guru

RandomMemory wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Are we even able to buy on release day due to lockdown

I locked my name on the preorder list of several shops. I communicated with them today and they told me they will deliver during the lockdown.

Can you give me the name of the shops.

Gamesland
GameStop-Lb
GameStation (Agha Electronics)

There is someone on OLX claiming he has stock and selling the Disc Version for USD 700. I don't know his genuineness. Give a check out.

https://www.olx.com.lb/ad/playstation-5-ID7qusP.html

I communicated with him ,  he told me yes he provides a one year warranty.

#53 November 10 2020

RandomMemory

I am not gonna risk buying from this dude on OLX who probably either stole it from the shipment that was sent here or is selling a review unit. I'll wait for the 19th, I'm glad there's shops selling same day Though.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 10 2020)

#54 November 11 2020

rolf

I'm sorry. I got hooked to online multiplayer. There is no point in PS unless there is a low lag connection available to me. So far I am not part of the few "lucky" "elite" who have access to "fiber" in Lebanon. That is why I sold my PS4 and would not even buy a PS3. I'm not into retro or story mode gaming. Sorry for being negative.

#55 November 11 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

rolf wrote:

I'm sorry. I got hooked to online multiplayer. There is no point in PS unless there is a low lag connection available to me. So far I am not part of the few "lucky" "elite" who have access to "fiber" in Lebanon. That is why I sold my PS4 and would not even buy a PS3. I'm not into retro or story mode gaming. Sorry for being negative.

even with ogero dsl? i might be getting 1.5megabits/s but at least the ping is stable and low enough to enjoy playing.

#56 November 11 2020

Beta0

rolf wrote:

Wow good to know! Thanks!

#57 November 11 2020

xterm

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge wrote:

even with ogero dsl? i might be getting 1.5megabits/s but at least the ping is stable and low enough to enjoy playing.

Agreed. I'm very far from the CO and I still get 90-105ms stable to European servers, which has been more than enough even for FPS. (I don't play competitively, so it's a none issue for the part). A couple of friends of mine get close to 75ms with interleaving off but they are closer to the CO.

#58 November 11 2020

nosense

rolf wrote:

I use LTE and it is very stable for gaming with ~80 ms ping

#59 November 11 2020

Beta0

As rolf said, there is no reason to play story mode games, or non multi.

#60 November 11 2020

RandomMemory

I played competitive dota 2 for 4 years and now want to take a break from multiplayer, I'm hyped for demon souls, hope they make proper use of the new controller tech.

#61 November 11 2020

Tech Guru

Bad News

ACG reported that his review unit just died.

https://www.gamesradar.com/a-ps5-review … eady-died/
https://youtu.be/KVXUbElsZcw

It might be a defective unit and this might happen to any electronic device,  or it might be a much serious underlying hardware issue.

#62 November 11 2020

bobo619

Tech Guru wrote:

Bad News

It might be a defective unit and this might happen to any electronic device,  or it might be a much serious underlying hardware issue.

That is why i don t rush buy a 1st gen console. They are almost always plagued with overheating and fan noise problems.

#63 November 11 2020

Tech Guru

bobo619 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Bad News

That is why i don t rush buy a 1st gen console. They are almost always plagued with overheating and fan noise problems.

Apparently all credible review sources like Digital Foundry , IGN , Gamespot ... , praised the PS5 cooling efficiency and silent operation underload. It might be a defective unit nothing more , or a more serious problem. No similar cases has been reported yet. Tomorrow is the official lunch day; one week from now , if the issue is serious , more end gamers will report that and correlate with ACG.

FB-IMG-1605121499010.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 11 2020)

#64 November 11 2020

RandomMemory

The ps5's form factor and cooling is top notch and it was clearly shown in multiple reviews. If something is seriously wrong we will know when people have it for 1 week in north america.

#65 November 11 2020

anayman_k7

I like how when a device fails the first thing people think about is thermal issues, the PS5 is hosting a very power efficient CPU/GPU with a large heatsink with liquid metal as a thermal compound, and it has 2 blower fans providing a very good airflow, also even a CPU from 2008 can protect itself from Heat by shutting down on risky temperatures

#66 November 11 2020

RandomMemory

More listings showing up on OLX. I don't understand how this is legal man.

#67 November 12 2020

chosen2k

RandomMemory wrote:

What's not legal ?

#68 November 12 2020

Tech Guru

anayman_k7 wrote:

I like how when a device fails the first thing people think about is thermal issues, the PS5 is hosting a very power efficient CPU/GPU with a large heatsink with liquid metal as a thermal compound, and it has 2 blower fans providing a very good airflow, also even a CPU from 2008 can protect itself from Heat by shutting down on risky temperatures

I agree

#69 November 12 2020

Tech Guru

RandomMemory wrote:

The listing are legal , but their console warranty is suspecious. I will wait until 19th when Fattal gives the green light to sell. I will get it from a shop that deals with Fattal. It will have a 1 year and 3 months warranty. The price will stabalize too. Don't buy a PS5 unless it is an acceptable offer. Otherwise, save the money for later. Wait till the PS5 scalpers in Lebanon disappear/die.

Scalpers will buy a lot of PS5s in normal prices to make the stock low and then resell them at very and extremely high prices for their own benefit. (Ya3ne l nassabeen in other words)

#70 November 12 2020

RandomMemory

I don't think it's legal to have 4 listings from 800 to 1000$ show up 4 days before US launch day.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 12 2020)

#71 November 12 2020

bobo619

Shops in general tend to get the items 1-2 weeks before hand fot stocking pricing inventory purposes but here they sell it 2 weeks before to make extra profit. This is why you find ps4 games 1 week before official launch worldwide. Technically speaking it is illegal as they break the embergo entrusted to them but here they don't care. You want to enforce a law in an almost lawless country be my guest. The scalpers/sellers on olx must know someone on the port or customs that is how they get their hands on a couple of units as for warranty don t think they covered.

#72 November 13 2020

kareem_nasser

anayman_k7 wrote:

PS5 has one 120mm-wide and 45mm-thick double-sided intake fan. There is a link to the official teardown on the original post.

#73 November 13 2020

Tech Guru

After the Storage and Reset mode brick issue , another issue popped out and reported by IGN.

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-bug-er … 32440037=1

#74 November 14 2020

Victor

Has anyone ordered the PS4 camera adapter for PS5 and has any info about any customs fees or other fees that should be paid here? Or is the shipping completely free

#75 November 15 2020

RandomMemory

The local tech stores now have the console up for orders, deliveries will be on the 19th.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 15 2020)

Board footer