LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 June 12 2020

kareem_nasser

Re: PlayStation 5 Officially Announced

UPDATED OP

Recap of the showcase and the actual console image.

#27 October 16 2020

kareem_nasser

UPDATED OP

Added: Teardown, first look on the UI and official pricing

#28 November 4 2020

Tech Guru

Who will locally get the PS5 on its release around the 18 th of this month ? I know Fattal , Sony official distributor,  will dustribute the units.

Anyone set a preoder or know a reliable shop who will have it on its release date? What will be the expected price of the Disc version?

#29 November 4 2020

jsaade

Tech Guru wrote:

Who will locally get the PS5 on its release around the 18 th of this month ? I know Fattal , Sony official distributor,  will dustribute the units.

Anyone set a preoder or know a reliable shop who will have it on its release date? What will be the expected price of the Disc version?

check ninostore they will probably get it :)
Good luck securing one

#30 November 7 2020

MichaelFeghali

Apparently, Spinneys is going to have PS5s in stock on November 19th via their online store. They won't announce the price until then and they haven't provided many details other than their Instagram post.

#31 November 8 2020

Tech Guru

MichaelFeghali wrote:

Apparently, Spinneys is going to have PS5s in stock on November 19th via their online store. They won't announce the price until then and they haven't provided many details other than their Instagram post.

Indeed, I saw their post yesterday. Their info is ambiguous though. I contacted several shops here like:

Gamestop-LB
GameStation (Agha)
Gamsland

All told me they will provide me info next week. I think they are waiting for Fattal to give them the green light and pricing. I will be paying in fesh USD. Also, I am looking for the fully fledged package.

A 2nd Dual Sense Controller
HD Camera
Official PS5 Headset
Official Charging Station
And a PS5 Game :  Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Ed.

One downside ,  that PS5 games cannot be played from an external HDD. Only PS4 games that are backward compatible. Added to that , even PS5 games cannot be moved to external HDD ( Digital Foundry highlighted that). Sony at lunch diasabled the support of any 3rd party Nvme PCI Gen 4 expansion  SSDs. This will be ideal solution with a software update and a lost of compatible SSDs. Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD is a great choice. PS5 usable storage is indeed underwhelming , 667.2GB,  with the above restrictions at least at lunch , will be problematic. AAA games sizes ,  updates ,  and patches are exponentially increasing.

#32 November 8 2020

Tech Guru

Abed Tahan too will release the PS5 on the 19th of November.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHQCpNJjLxs … llux8ntmc0

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 8 2020)

#33 November 8 2020

Ramim91

Guys it is possible to convert hdmi 2.1 to display port? I have asus gaming monitor with hdmi 1.2 and display port. Or it is useless in this case?

Thanks

#34 November 9 2020

nosense

abed tahan says they’re sold out lol

edit: They also said they didn’t specify a price for the customers and it’s going to be between $600 and $750 (which is insane)

Last edited by nosense (November 9 2020)

#35 November 9 2020

bobo619

Ramim91 wrote:

Guys it is possible to convert hdmi 2.1 to display port? I have asus gaming monitor with hdmi 1.2 and display port. Or it is useless in this case?

Thanks

HDMI 2.1 bandwidth is superior of any display port

#36 November 9 2020

Tech Guru

Hamdan electronics told me the PS5 Disc Version is for 720USD.

#37 November 9 2020

ramy58

A place in Dahyeh called Media DVD is selling it for 850 USD. Obviously a rip-off. I asked Nino last week and he told me it's probably gonna be around 700 dollars.

#38 November 9 2020

Tech Guru

A Truely Next Gen Machine. Awesome Work #Sony

Digital Foundry Full Review:
https://youtu.be/nRGNfqVvPtk

#39 November 9 2020

bobo619

What i learned from my previous experiences is to never rush buy a 1st generation console as they always tend to have a problem. I don't see the appeal of buying in day one and paying 250$ premium for it while you can wait 3-4 months get a better deal and more launch exclusives and truly next gen games. Just to add that apperently ray tracing and 4k is only possible at 30fps and the ~11 Teraflops is nothing now with nee new gpu launches capping at 24 Tfpos.

Last edited by bobo619 (November 9 2020)

#40 November 9 2020

Tech Guru

bobo619 wrote:

What i learned from my previous experiences is to never rush buy a 1st generation console as they always tend to have a problem. I don't see the appeal of buying in day one and paying 250$ premium for it while you can wait 3-4 months get a better deal and more launch exclusives and truly next gen games. Just to add that apperently ray tracing and 4k is only possible at 30fps and the ~11 Teraflops is nothing now with nee new gpu launches capping at 24 Tfpos.

PC space will be  always be ahead always. To me a High end gaming Desktop and a Console ( PS5) is the perfect combo. PS5 exclsuives a perfectly executed with a revolutionary dual sense controller. Taking Tflops as a raw perfirmance measure is not true. The PS5 architecture is decent overall. The inclusion of expanding stoarge by a gen 4 PCI nvme is a nice feature.

#41 November 10 2020

jsaade

Wait till Jan and get it at 500-550 after the madness is over. At least you will have some games to play.

#42 November 10 2020

kareem_nasser

UPDATED OP

Added link to the Ultimate PS5 FAQ

#43 November 10 2020

kareem_nasser

bobo619 wrote:
Ramim91 wrote:

Thanks

Most of its features are not supported unless it is a high end TV, even then you won't actually need to be playing at 120hz most of the games, if they support such mode in the first place. This is mainly tailored for competitive gaming. Expect a lot of graphical sacrifices if games support 120 frames per second, especially resolution and RayTracing.

The best features are Variable Refresh Rate and Auto Low Latency Mode, the latter basically switches your TVs mode to Gaming Mode for the lowest latency possible, but still this is personally my default mode for the HDMI inputs i use.

Note: With a TV capable of HDMI 2.0 and 120hz display, you might be able to switch to 1080p120 mode. Some TVs do not support it natively though then it will only work via forcing it over a custom resolution on a PC.

Last edited by kareem_nasser (November 10 2020)

#44 November 10 2020

LifeEngineer

Guys, will my already owned PS4 games (digitally) and DVDs, be playable on the PS5 if I buy it today for example?!
I have not found a single clear answer to that. Does anybody have an idea?!

#45 November 10 2020

kareem_nasser

LifeEngineer wrote:

Guys, will my already owned PS4 games (digitally) and DVDs, be playable on the PS5 if I buy it today for example?!
I have not found a single clear answer to that. Does anybody have an idea?!

Yes, PS5 is backward compatible. Check the FAQ i added to the original post.

#46 November 10 2020

RandomMemory

Are we even able to buy on release day due to lockdown

#47 November 10 2020

Tech Guru

kareem_nasser wrote:
bobo619 wrote:
Ramim91 wrote:

Thanks

Most of its features are not supported unless it is a high end TV, even then you won't actually need to be playing at 120hz most of the games, if they support such mode in the first place. This is mainly tailored for competitive gaming. Expect a lot of graphical sacrifices if games support 120 frames per second, especially resolution and RayTracing.

The best features are Variable Refresh Rate and Auto Low Latency Mode, the latter basically switches your TVs mode to Gaming Mode for the lowest latency possible, but still this is personally my default mode for the HDMI inputs i use.

Note: With a TV capable of HDMI 2.0 and 120hz display, you might be able to switch to 1080p120 mode. Some TVs do not support it natively though then it will only work via forcing it over a custom resolution on a PC.

Sadly , on Digital Foundry Review, the PS5 doesn't support neither VRR  nor an 8K output signal outof the box. Sure it will patched along the road. It was tested on an LG highend HDMI 2.1 8K TV.

Nevertheless,

The ordered the Sony Bravia X900H  , a very decent 2160p120hz HDR TV.

Fully fledged HDMI 2.1 48gbps ports

Decent FALD

Decent Real HDR peak brightness

Decent Coverage of DCI P3 and Rec 2020 wide color gamut.

It's a Sony very reliable builds

& most importanly no innate risk for sudden image burn ins and image retentions. Innate risk of OLED technology regardless of brand.

#48 November 10 2020

Tech Guru

RandomMemory wrote:

Are we even able to buy on release day due to lockdown

I locked my name on the preorder list of several shops. I communicated with them today and they told me they will deliver during the lockdown.

#49 November 10 2020

Tech Guru

jsaade wrote:

Wait till Jan and get it at 500-550 after the madness is over. At least you will have some games to play.

I doubt that here. The disc version has an MSRP of 500 USD. It will stabalize here at least 600 - 700 USD.

#50 November 10 2020

ramy58

Mobileleb told me that they expect to price it 600$-650$.

Board footer