LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 21 2020

duke-of-bytes

monitor laptop through built in camera

hello awesome people , i have around 20-30 laptops connected to my network that i wish to monitor them through the built in camera ( no spying or anything , just a requirement for a project with the local government ) , it means i want to watch the user , not his screen.

do you have any app or software in mind ?

#2 September 21 2020

Idler

Re: monitor laptop through built in camera

sub7

#3 September 25 2020

Ramim91

There's a lot of software regarding this, it depends how much features you want in. WebCam Monitor is one of them it is really cool but I think it's not for free. (50 $ - 70 $)

#4 September 28 2020

duke-of-bytes

hey guys,I have a system set in congo for car driving training purposes and licensing that i am adjusting to work in rural places for very minimal cost ( part of NGO I am trying to help )
we are required by the government to show the the faces of the people all the time they are working infront of the pc , this is why i got them laptops with webcams hoping i can find an app or a software that let me use the webcams to monitor them ( instead of purchasing regular webcams and increasing the cost )
What do you think ?

Before i get bombarded with privacy and human rights and etc please note the following :
1- it is required by the law
2- users are being informed before about their rights and a compliance document is signed
3- the system is air gapped , there is no internet , just a local intranet with IPSEC connected to the office
4- no data is saved

#5 October 4 2020

duke-of-bytes

Idler wrote:

sub7

i think this will cause some issues with auditing later on..would be hard to explain that Im using a trojan benignly..
i also need to monitor multiple laptop in the same time so i need a backoffice solution

#6 October 4 2020

DNA

you treat this forum as a place to ask all your work related questions you want people to do your homework and you get paid for that, either do your own research or don't work in IT nor take projects you have no idea about, am not being salty but all your topics are work related questions

#7 October 4 2020

duke-of-bytes

DNA wrote:

you treat this forum as a place to ask all your work related questions u want people to do your homework and u get paid for that, either do your own research or don't work in IT nor take projects you have no idea about, am not being salty but all your topics are work related questions

tech*** work related topics which is not against the rules.
thank you for your input

#8 October 4 2020

hanycodes

DNA wrote:

you treat this forum as a place to ask all your work related questions u want people to do your homework and u get paid for that, either do your own research or don't work in IT nor take projects you have no idea about, am not being salty but all your topics are work related questions

Dude, you are definitely being mean. So what if he asks questions? He needs some help and if you can't help don't say anything. No one asked for your opinion better to stay silent or help. This is not a boomer forum bro. Stop being salty towards each other, this country is already filled with rude people.

#9 October 4 2020

duke-of-bytes

I ask a lot of work related questions as i consider the Lebgeeks community as an important part of my research ..I ask the same on spiceworks,reddit, etc.. this is how i gather information

also this is seriously to help people , I gain no financial gain from this .. I also work probono for the Lebanese Embassy and Lebanese community in Congo

#10 October 5 2020

Idler

duke-of-bytes wrote:

I ask a lot of work related questions as i consider the Lebgeeks community as an important part of my research ..I ask the same on spiceworks,reddit, etc.. this is how i gather information

also this is seriously to help people , I gain no financial gain from this .. I also work probono for the Lebanese Embassy and Lebanese community in Congo

here you go
from github Attendance-Tracking-System-Using-Computer-Vision

#11 October 5 2020

Idler

or have something like zoom to run in background with video conference and mic on mute

#12 October 6 2020

duke-of-bytes

Idler wrote:

or have something like zoom to run in background with video conference and mic on mute

I thought about maybe an on-prem zoom like system that works on lan as their is not internet

#13 October 6 2020

Idler

duke-of-bytes wrote:
Idler wrote:

I thought about maybe an on-prem zoom like system that works on lan as their is not internet

then write a code that runs as a service to open the webcam as soon as they login and find a program that you can deploy that allows you to remote stream that over the lan.

#14 October 7 2020

scorz

You can configure VLC to do so; I remember doing such a thing a few years back but I can't really remember the steps.
I'm pretty sure a google search will return many how-to tutorials.

Last edited by scorz (October 7 2020)

#15 October 7 2020

duke-of-bytes

scorz wrote:

You can configure VLC to do so; I remember doing such a thing a few years back but I can't really remember the steps.

i will try vlc then

I thought we are talking about vnc ..but vlc can open a network stream..but how can i set the laptop built in cam as ip cam ?

Last edited by duke-of-bytes (October 7 2020)

#16 October 7 2020

Idler

duke-of-bytes wrote:
scorz wrote:

i will try vlc then

I thought we are talking about vnc ..but vlc can open a network stream..but how can i set the laptop built in cam as ip cam ?

http://breakthrusoftware.com/html/onlin … l/vlc.html

Board footer