LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#201 September 8 2020

xazbrat

Re: Paying with Lebanese cards online

Hamlock wrote:

I got a Byblos Bank Makers Card.

Do you guys know if I can still use it to buy online internationally if I get fresh dollars?

Fresh dollar usually means very few restrictions---should be good to go, depending on the bank of course.

#202 September 8 2020

nosense

xazbrat wrote:
Hamlock wrote:

Do you guys know if I can still use it to buy online internationally if I get fresh dollars?

Fresh dollar usually means very few restrictions---should be good to go, depending on the bank of course.

nope, banks are applying same restrictions because their systems can't yet do separate restrictions for fresh dollar cards

by restrictions I mean, not the amount you can spend, but where you can spend it.

many sites are blocked for spending.

if you wanna use it for buying stuff like from amazon then sure it will work, but if you wanna for example buy crypto then it wont.

Last edited by nosense (September 8 2020)

#203 September 9 2020

xazbrat

nosense wrote:
xazbrat wrote:
Hamlock wrote:

nope, banks are applying same restrictions because their systems can't yet do separate restrictions for fresh dollar cards

by restrictions I mean, not the amount you can spend, but where you can spend it.

many sites are blocked for spending.

if you wanna use it for buying stuff like from amazon then sure it will work, but if you wanna for example buy crypto then it wont.

Some sites are restricting, but not as a built in restriction to the card.  Cypto is technically illegal here, but there are ways to circumvent it if you look around---same applies to online gambling.   I have a card based on 'fresh' dollars from Blom and as of yet, have not been denied a transaction, anywhere from a few dollars to a several hundred.  Banks CAN do that, and if you are at a bank which can't or won't, then I suggest you move on.  I would think that Byblos can do that without an issue though

#204 September 9 2020

samer
Admin

Cypto is technically illegal here

Last time I checked, there was only a circular from BDL discouraging retail investors from speculating on crypto assets. That does not make it illegal, but it remains unregulated.

#205 September 9 2020

duke-of-bytes

you can't take your crypto and pay for a burger .. in Lebanon and in the current economic state , crypto is useless

#206 September 9 2020

nosense

crypto is not illegal, but they restricted every way of turning your money from the bank to another method of money online so you’re discouraged from spending it.

Last edited by nosense (September 9 2020)

#207 September 15 2020

ironman

Hey guys,

Any idea how to top-up Aliexpress account / Wallet?

For instance if my daily limit is 10$ and i would like to buy an item priced at 25$

Thanks

#208 September 15 2020

Idler

you can exchange crypto to cash in lebanon i used to do that

#209 September 28 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

is it possible to get a fresh dollar card from any bank to purchase items from ebay (us and uk) is so which banks and is there limits?

#210 September 28 2020

NuclearVision

yes you can get a card and no not all ebay sellers accept credit card =majority still on paypal, blom, 500$ limit

#211 September 29 2020

zizo99

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge wrote:

is it possible to get a fresh dollar card from any bank to purchase items from ebay (us and uk) is so which banks and is there limits?

I have a fresh dollar account linked to my online card. there is no limit so far for fresh money but the procedure to transfer to the online card and call the hotline to upgrade the limit will take 2 days

#212 October 7 2020

ironman

Guys, anyone knows a reputable website in order to buy Amazon France gift cards?

Thanks

#213 October 7 2020

samer
Admin

ironman wrote:

Guys, anyone knows a reputable website in order to buy Amazon France gift cards?
Thanks

Why not buy them directly on Amazon.fr?

#214 October 21 2020

NuclearVision

Is it true that blom bank has a usd international limit of 15$? for paycheck accounts.I tried my relatives card and it doesnt work

#215 October 22 2020

zizo99

NuclearVision wrote:

Is it true that blom bank has a usd international limit of 15$? for paycheck accounts.I tried my relatives card and it doesnt work

I don't know, Audi still 25$ but I won't be surprised even if they banned completely online payment. expect that in "balad 3ajeyeb"

Last edited by zizo99 (October 22 2020)

#216 October 22 2020

kareem_nasser

zizo99 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

I don't know, Audi still 25$ but I won't be surprised even if they banned completely online payment. expect that in "balad 3ajeyeb"

This is the embark card limit. As for regular LBP debit card i think it is at 14 USD.

#217 October 22 2020

xazbrat

NuclearVision wrote:

I don't trust Blom's limits any more as they are arbitrarily changed, and their website 6 months later, speaks nothing of the new limits.  I have a fresh dollar account at Blom and an accompanying debit/credit card and that works fine with no limits as far as I can see.  I got a blom mini card based on fresh dollar for a family member and that seems to work everywhere too--my mini card which is expiring this month, is next to worthless.  I ended up paying a few Ogero bills to use the balance and now down to less than $5.

#218 October 22 2020

new_user

xazbrat wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

I don't trust Blom's limits any more as they are arbitrarily changed, and their website 6 months later, speaks nothing of the new limits.  I have a fresh dollar account at Blom and an accompanying debit/credit card and that works fine with no limits as far as I can see.  I got a blom mini card based on fresh dollar for a family member and that seems to work everywhere too--my mini card which is expiring this month, is next to worthless.  I ended up paying a few Ogero bills to use the balance and now down to less than $5.

My blom mini card expired last month. I wasnt able to use more than15$ per month. I only used it for international payments like aliexpress, didnt try local purchases.

#219 October 30 2020

VincentKeyboard

Apparently the limit for online purchases is now 15 usd per month. I only have two recurring which are 5 and 8 so 13 total per month but this is still too narrow.

#220 October 30 2020

kareem_nasser

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Apparently the limit for online purchases is now 15 usd per month. I only have two recurring which are 5 and 8 so 13 total per month but this is still too narrow.

Which bank? and is it an LBP card?

#221 October 30 2020

VincentKeyboard

Audi. LBP account.

#222 October 30 2020

VincentKeyboard

Also, are google pay payments deducted as LBP or counter valued to USD?

#223 November 1 2020

specility

I just called Audi after my steam purchase wouldn't go through (5$), they said that that "LBP accounts can no longer buy internationally, if you want to buy online, you need to use a USD fresh dollar account"

#224 November 1 2020

NuclearVision

Makes sense - if you forget all the usd they stole from people.

#225 November 1 2020

Hybrid

specility wrote:

I just called Audi after my steam purchase wouldn't go through (5$), they said that that "LBP accounts can no longer buy internationally, if you want to buy online, you need to use a USD fresh dollar account"

you can still use $15 from the lollars

Board footer