LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 9 2020

infiniteloop

Zoodmall reviews?

I saw this app to buy stuff from Turkey and China, anyone bought with them?

#2 September 10 2020

vengeance666

Re: Zoodmall reviews?

My friend bought a laptop internal fan replacement for 16.000 LBP which is quite cheap during these tough times. He says the fan works great and everything is ok.

#3 September 10 2020

zizo99

infiniteloop wrote:

I saw this app to buy stuff from Turkey and China, anyone bought with them?

yea i have tried it for small items, took like 2-2.5 months to deliver.
I think they use the same Aliexpress to get their goods. they even charge the dollar for a high rate, you can compare an item on zoodmall with an item on aliexpress and you will see their price dollar rate is very high.

not worth it in my opinion except the "pay on delivery" option (which is a big plus nowadays). and sometimes they do some sales on good items.

note: you won't find everything you want

Last edited by zizo99 (September 10 2020)

#4 September 10 2020

infiniteloop

I saw a Fuji camera for 1050$ if you count 7500ll/$ which is nothing given this camera is at 1450$ in the US.
Though the seller is in Turkey so perhaps prices are better abd delivery faster?
Also if you pick pay on delivery, and the  price is let's say 7 millions lbp, but by the time it's delivered the price increased to 10 millions, they will make you pay the price at time of the order aka 7 millions or the updated price?

Edit : now the camera disappeared as well as many Turkish sellers, weird

Last edited by infiniteloop (September 10 2020)

#5 September 10 2020

zizo99

you pay the amount of the time of the order. i compared several items (electronics mostly) i found prices on libazon are 20-50% cheaper

#6 September 10 2020

Metalloy

I bought a motorcycle backpack from it
It took 3 Months for it to be delivered but it's great
If you can still use your cards and buy from AE then I think it is a better option but if not zoodmall is good and legit, just try to find the item your looking for on promo, they do those every now and then.
And yes items and sellers appear and dissappear so if like something just get, I hesitate it on a deal and regreted it later on.

#7 November 5 2020

leblinux

I am thinking of ordering from it as my friend ordered an Item from chine and there is an option to pay on delivery?

#8 November 6 2020

sero

I would only buy Turkish items from them as they are cheap
For other items (from china for example) i found that its almost always cheaper to convert LBP to USD at black market rate, insert the fresh $$ in your credit card and buy the same item directly from aliexpress instead.

#9 November 6 2020

zizo99

sero wrote:

I would only buy Turkish items from them as they are cheap
For other items (from china for example) i found that its almost always cheaper to convert LBP to USD at black market rate, insert the fresh $$ in your credit card and buy the same item directly from aliexpress instead.

how do you know which items are from turkey and which not

#10 November 6 2020

sero

1- under each item there is a flag for the country
2- or in the home page in the app, there is an icon: Turkish products
3- or in the filter > Origin > you can choose Turkey (this is the easiest way)

#11 November 11 2020

MichaelFeghali

I found a good deal on some Logitech gaming headsets but I'm skeptical given that they ship from China and I've never tried Zoodmall before. Also, most reviews on their Facebook page are claiming they never received the products. Do they have a refund policy in case they turn out to be fake or damaged? I will be using cash on delivery which is the safest option in case they never deliver the items.

#12 November 11 2020

DNA

why would you buy from these sites where all they do is take you money buy USD and when price increases they refund expensive items basically they made money from your purchase basically they robbed you without you even knowing(devalued your money) they deliver 70% and refund 30% depending on dollar price same goes to libazon and others go buy dollars and but items locally or through a friend
either way if they provide me free stuff i won't accept it due to their annoying intrusive ad campaign.

#13 November 11 2020

MichaelFeghali

DNA wrote:

why would you buy from these sites where all they do is take you money buy USD and when price increases they refund expensive items basically they made money from your purchase basically they robbed you without you even knowing(devalued your money) they deliver 70% and refund 30% depending on dollar price same goes to libazon and others go buy dollars and but items locally or through a friend
either way if they provide me free stuff i won't accept it due to their annoying intrusive ad campaign.

Well after looking around locally, the same headset would cost more than double the price of Zoodmall at the current exchange rate. I have to agree with you that their ads are extremely annoying, however, I don't believe they can devalue my money if I'm paying cash on delivery in LL.

#14 November 12 2020

DNA

In that case yes it's not possible I didn't know they have that option if you go other routes chances are high they will refund you later
I wonder how can they operate that way if they ship from abroad, it is easy for anyone to change their mind in 1 to 2 months and not pay
in any case when i buy stuff these days i tend to decide my purchase  depending on what is available locally at good price or through my friends from dubai, best is to ship yourself as vat and customs are low
but you need someone with a foreign card to pay for you

#15 November 16 2020

beezer

I've tried it for small items. Watch bands for example.

I will try anything that has cash on delivery.
Don't like it? Don't pay for it.

Board footer