LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3951 July 11 2020

Ramnesia

Re: Feedback for Ogero

I recently enabled ipv6 on my router, I did the http://test-ipv6.com/ the result was 10/10, ipv6 worked for maybe 2 hours then websites stopped loading or getting incomplete loading.
Did the ipv6 test again and this is the result I am getting
zq8RydH.png
After many online research on the MTU issue, I found out that the PPPOE MTU max size on my router is 1492 (the max i can set it to) and Windows original Ethernet interface MTU size is 1500 so i changed the Windows MTU to 1492 and now ipv6 is working as it should but only on my PC, mobile phones attached to the router are not working with ipv6.

Contacted Ogero about this problem, they did many tests they are still looking for a solution and I also shared what I found with them.
Did anyone face this problem before?

#3952 July 12 2020

Moudimadi

Ramnesia wrote:

I recently enabled ipv6 on my router, I did the http://test-ipv6.com/ the result was 10/10, ipv6 worked for maybe 2 hours then websites stopped loading or getting incomplete loading.
https://i.imgur.com/zq8RydH.png
After many online research on the MTU issue, I found out that the PPPOE MTU max size on my router is 1492 (the max i can set it to) and Windows original Ethernet interface MTU size is 1500 so i changed the Windows MTU to 1492 and now ipv6 is working as it should but only on my PC, mobile phones attached to the router are not working with ipv6.

Contacted Ogero about this problem, they did many tests they are still looking for a solution and I also shared what I found with them.

I did face the same problem on my Asus Modem. When i enabled ipv6. I had internet for a while then websites stopped working till i turned it off and got back to ipv4. Don't know why. Didn't find a solution yet

#3953 July 12 2020

Kareem

Ramnesia wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/zq8RydH.png

That's very strange because IPv6 is working for me without changing anything on all devices.

#3954 July 14 2020

DjSam

Do you get a fixed prefix?

#3955 July 14 2020

Ramnesia

DjSam wrote:

Do you get a fixed prefix?

Can you explain what you mean?

#3956 July 14 2020

DjSam

my ipv6 prefix I got from Ogero changed every other day or so, as in it was dynamic and not fixed to my account

#3957 July 14 2020

Ramnesia

mine is always the same with prefix length /64.

Last edited by Ramnesia (July 14 2020)

#3958 July 19 2020

DjSam

This has been solved I just checked

Kareem wrote:
DjSam wrote:
Kareem wrote:

So I'm back to Beirut, I made some scripts to compare network download speed using Ogero network and VPN.

Check the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0HoFF7wIrU

I'm in contact with Ogero support, hopefully they will log everything and rule out the issue.

Single connection speed locally is good :

https://i.gyazo.com/f06cfd3ebdf187f5eac … 7aa5b0.png

To Europe, it's a different story :

https://i.gyazo.com/b1492ec6ad2fab4d76d … 96b616.png

However, with VPN

https://i.gyazo.com/ec26e9b04232a94bc4b … 94126d.png

I tried using Touch 4G hotspot and it's giving me excellent down speed to Europe as well.

Any update on that? did they try to fix it? or is it in place for consumption purposes?

Not fixed yet. No idea if they're working on it or not. They were surprised about it so I guess it isn't something they set on purpose.

#3959 July 23 2020

Moudimadi

Hello All, anyone living in dawhet aramoun taking from the cabinet after soussa restaurent the big one and having alot of disconnections in internet? They're barely giving the internet. They're saying fuel related. Any information about this? This problem is since like 3 weeks. Thank you

#3960 July 23 2020

new_user

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello All, anyone living in dawhet aramoun taking from the cabinet after soussa restaurent the big one and having alot of disconnections in internet? They're barely giving the internet. They're saying fuel related. Any information about this? This problem is since like 3 weeks. Thank you

I am in that area and I'm having a terrible connection. The modem shows that the connection is up but actually there would be no connection. Its confusing because usually when there is no connection the modem shows that the connection is down. I thought there was a problem with my modem or some noise from my building cabling connections (interference or something like that). But according to what you are saying it seems I dnt have to do any debugging from my side.

Last edited by new_user (July 23 2020)

#3961 July 24 2020

Moudimadi

new_user wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

I am in that area and I'm having a terrible connection. The modem shows that the connection is up but actually there would be no connection. Its confusing because usually when there is no connection the modem shows that the connection is down. I thought there was a problem with my modem or some noise from my building cabling connections (interference or something like that). But according to what you are saying it seems I dnt have to do any debugging from my side.

I don't think there's a problem from your side. There is a problem in the cabinet im talking about. I'm calling ogero everyday. All they say is that they don't know when it will be fixed. They didn't give them date. They're just telling them day per day if the problem is solved or not. Till now it's not solved. Are you getting internet when electricity is on? On motor im sure you're not having internet. But when it's electricity are you getting internet? Today i talked to an engineer in Ogero. i told him that even if there is electricity i'm not having internet at home. He said there are these ports or dont know what that should be reset by ogero to get internet when there is electricity and he told me that he will tell the call centers about it. When they did reset the ports internet is working fine here. But i don't know when it will cut off suddenly. NB: This issue is since 3 weeks.

#3962 July 24 2020

new_user

Moudimadi wrote:
new_user wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

I don't think there's a problem from your side. There is a problem in the cabinet im talking about. I'm calling ogero everyday. All they say is that they don't know when it will be fixed. They didn't give them date. They're just telling them day per day if the problem is solved or not. Till now it's not solved. Are you getting internet when electricity is on? On motor im sure you're not having internet. But when it's electricity are you getting internet? Today i talked to an engineer in Ogero. i told him that even if there is electricity i'm not having internet at home. He said there are these ports or dont know what that should be reset by ogero to get internet when there is electricity and he told me that he will tell the call centers about it. When they did reset the ports internet is working fine here. But i don't know when it will cut off suddenly. NB: This issue is since 3 weeks.

Hmmm based on your description im not sure we are talking about the same cabinet or the same issue. My issue apparently occurs less often then yours. It mainly occurs during peak hours. The internet disappears though the router shows that the connection is alive. Probably the server cannot handle congestion. And i always have internet connection when the electricity is out.

#3963 August 21 2020

ELIES

Hello,
I live in Amchit.
Ogero subscribers for years, it was always stable.
2 weeks ago till now the internet is very unstable.
It will go down several times per day like someone removed the telephone cable from the modem, and when it is up, the speed is very unstable, i have 4mbps unlimited. Before the issue, it was always 3.5 day/night but now, vary from 0.8 to 2.8 and very unstable when browsing the internet.
Called them multiple times, the answer is that they fixed some settings in the modem!!!

Anyone facing same issue? Thank you

#3964 August 21 2020

Idler

it is usually due the attenuation or a very low SNR can cause issues what you need to do is make sure your filter is good, make sure you are on interleave and not fastpath make sure when you open your telephon line there is no noise turn off your modem unplug the adapter for 15 minutes and replug, turn off all your wifi devices and plug a lan cable into your laptop and do a speed test if the results are not achieved then it might be an electricity issue try to see if the problem persists  on EDL and generators if it is the same then maybe you can ask them to change " marja3 " in the end you may use any of your neighbors DSL router to test it and see if the router is the issue itself.

ELIES wrote:

Hello,
I live in Amchit.
It will go down several times per day like someone removed the telephone cable from the modem, and when it is up, the speed is very unstable, i have 4mbps unlimited. Before the issue, it was always 3.5 day/night but now, vary from 0.8 to 2.8 and very unstable when browsing the internet.
Called them multiple times, the answer is that they fixed some settings in the modem!!!

#3965 August 22 2020

ELIES

Idler wrote:

it is usually due the attenuation or a very low SNR can cause issues what you need to do is make sure your filter is good, make sure you are on interleave and not fastpath make sure when you open your telephon line there is no noise turn off your modem unplug the adapter for 15 minutes and replug, turn off all your wifi devices and plug a lan cable into your laptop and do a speed test if the results are not achieved then it might be an electricity issue try to see if the problem persists  on EDL and generators if it is the same then maybe you can ask them to change " marja3 " in the end you may use any of your neighbors DSL router to test it and see if the router is the issue itself.

ELIES wrote:

Hello,
I live in Amchit.

Thanks for your info
Yesterday it was back to normal.
Today morning it was bad, afternoon back to normal, seems an issue with ogero servers

#3966 August 22 2020

wollyka

ELIES wrote:
Idler wrote:

ELIES wrote:

Hello,
I live in Amchit.

Thanks for your info
Yesterday it was back to normal.
Today morning it was bad, afternoon back to normal, seems an issue with ogero servers

Check your SNR, it maybe due to noise or interference (someone is using LED lights, generator, etc..)

#3967 September 3 2020

karimo

i have a weird dsl issue that appears at about 2:30pm almost every single day where the connection becomes unstable (disconnect every roughly 30 minutes) and speed drops from ~13mbps to 4-5mbps

note: i have almost same dsl line stats (SNR, attenuation, etc) when it is unstable and when it is stable

ive emailed ogero like 4 times and they sent technicians 2 times and both insisted on coming early (before 2:30, when the issues start) and theyve been of no help

#3968 September 5 2020

stereotype

I have a question for Ogero ADSL customers,
How much is your latency in online games (EU) on average?
Is your ping stable or all over the place?
Does opening something like Instagram or Facebook on your phone while gaming make your latency jump up considerably, and cause you to lag?

Last edited by stereotype (September 5 2020)

#3969 September 5 2020

ELIES

karimo wrote:

i have a weird dsl issue that appears at about 2:30pm almost every single day where the connection becomes unstable (disconnect every roughly 30 minutes) and speed drops from ~13mbps to 4-5mbps

note: i have almost same dsl line stats (SNR, attenuation, etc) when it is unstable and when it is stable

ive emailed ogero like 4 times and they sent technicians 2 times and both insisted on coming early (before 2:30, when the issues start) and theyve been of no help

Me too, for years it was stable, but the instability of the cnx begins after the explosion of beirut.
I live in amsheet.
Even many of my friends and people that I know have the same issue, live in Mount Lebanon , the cnx goes down randomly during the day especially in weekend.
Called them multiple times, the answer was everything is fine.

Last edited by ELIES (September 6 2020)

#3970 September 7 2020

vengeance666

stereotype wrote:

Does opening something like Instagram or Facebook on your phone while gaming make your latency jump up considerably, and cause you to lag?

Latency is somewhere in the late 60s usually sometimes in the late 80s. Facebook and Instagram causing lag depends on how much speed you have and if you are uploading something or not. Upload is too slow in Lebanon unless you have VDSL.

#3971 September 7 2020

dio

So a little over a month ago Ogero installed the fiber box in my building, and since then been asking them when/how I can get started on Twitter DMs, all they say is that they will activate when they can, whatever that means. They still havent given me a straight answer. Anyone know what I should do? Or perhaps what i should do to get them to begin?

#3972 September 8 2020

ironman

@dio, welcome to the club, they installed the fiber box in my building like 4 months ago and every time i call them to apply, they tell me call us in a month. Last time i called they said call us in October...

Note: After Ogero installed the fiber box in my building, another fiber cable has been deployed as well (This is for the NON Ogero subscribers, maybe GDS)

Anyone has a clue why 2 cables have to be deployed (one for Ogero and one for other vendors)?

#3973 September 8 2020

dio

ironman wrote:

@dio, welcome to the club, they installed the fiber box in my building like 4 months ago and every time i call them to apply, they tell me call us in a month. Last time i called they said call us in October...

Note: After Ogero installed the fiber box in my building, another fiber cable has been deployed as well (This is for the NON Ogero subscribers, maybe GDS)

Anyone has a clue why 2 cables have to be deployed (one for Ogero and one for other vendors)?

That's weird. Thanks for the heads up.

#3974 September 9 2020

stereotype

vengeance666 wrote:
stereotype wrote:

Latency is somewhere in the late 60s usually sometimes in the late 80s. Facebook and Instagram causing lag depends on how much speed you have and if you are uploading something or not. Upload is too slow in Lebanon unless you have VDSL.

I ran a feasibility test on my line and it came up with 17 Mb as result, but I'm just trying to know if my latency will be low and stable if I ever decide to go with Ogero ADSL, I'm currently with Terranet and my ping is 100 at lowest and very unstable so if I load something like a YouTube video my ping shoots way up, and not to mention trying to download something while gaming.

On the other hand my friend has stable 70 ms at all time, and it doesn't go up even if people are downloading large files and updating games on his network while he's gaming, so I'm just confused.

#3975 September 18 2020

DG

Does anyone know if Ogero is planning to extend the "double speed/ quota" beyond the month of September ?

Board footer