LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1351 July 31 2020

HzSamer

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

Super Official wrote:

Is anyone currently experiencing what I am experiencing currently?

I ordered a drive enclosure over 2 months ago and shipping has been slow. 2 weeks or so ago the tracking status changes to "[Beirut] Arrive at the place of delivery" but no further progress has been made. This is the first time something has taken this long to be delivered and I starting to worry that customs do not want to clear this 6$ enclosure I bought.

My shipment still in customs. It is a grid for my softbox lighting. 23$ in total. And I am still waiting.

Untitled-1.png

#1352 August 1 2020

Super Official

HzSamer wrote:
Super Official wrote:

I ordered a drive enclosure over 2 months ago and shipping has been slow. 2 weeks or so ago the tracking status changes to "[Beirut] Arrive at the place of delivery" but no further progress has been made. This is the first time something has taken this long to be delivered and I starting to worry that customs do not want to clear this 6$ enclosure I bought.

My shipment still in customs. It is a grid for my softbox lighting. 23$ in total. And I am still waiting.

https://i.ibb.co/Kzcyfkj/Untitled-1.png

Libanpost's tracking tool isn't even showing the order as arrived in Lebanon.

image.png

This is the Carrier's tracking site.
image.png
I started a dispute and the seller extended buyer protection till mid September. No idea why it is taking so long and why took almost two months to even reach Lebanon.

Last edited by Super Official (August 1 2020)

#1353 August 2 2020

wollyka

Most probably the tracking is wrong. The seller will contact you later and tell you that the item has been returned to them and they will issue you a refund. It happened to me 3 times in the last month (from three different sellers!)

Last edited by wollyka (August 2 2020)

#1354 August 2 2020

wollyka

HzSamer wrote:
Super Official wrote:

I wouldn't worry since it appeared on Libanpost page so the package arrived at least!

#1355 August 3 2020

infiniteloop

I asked Edifier salesman in the app why they don't have standard shipping, he said it was removed for Lebanon.
Though I still can buy things like cables and accessories under 15$ with aliexpress standard shipping or China Airmail. Again I am afraid that the Lebanese government asked AE to stop facilitating shipments for any products above 15$ :(

#1356 August 3 2020

beezer

I don't think Lebanon has the power to get China to do this. They wouldn't risk losing sales because no one would buy anything and pay the ridiculous shipping fee's. I think it's just a Covid situation and will go back, you will find some supplier still ship through standard mail.

infiniteloop wrote:

I asked Edifier salesman in the app why they don't have standard shipping, he said it was removed for Lebanon.
Though I still can buy things like cables and accessories under 15$ with aliexpress standard shipping or China Airmail. Again I am afraid that the Lebanese government asked AE to stop facilitating shipments for any products above 15$ :(

#1357 August 10 2020

HzSamer

HzSamer wrote:
Super Official wrote:

They delivered my shipment this morning.

#1358 August 10 2020

wollyka

HzSamer wrote:
HzSamer wrote:
Super Official wrote:

They delivered my shipment this morning.

Good to know

#1359 August 13 2020

Super Official

My shipment arrived this morning after 80 days. China post registered air mail.

#1360 August 13 2020

duke-of-bytes

ordered some masks , shipment took more the allowed time - got refunded after 4 disputes .
Received the masks today !

#1361 August 30 2020

BahaaAY

Hello
it's my first time ordering from aliexpress
I have a question, when should my orders appear on LibanPost's website? before reaching Lebanon or when they arrive, because i have 4 orders 1 of them says it arrived at the destination country, but still, none of the orders show up on the LibanPost tracking tool.

Last edited by BahaaAY (August 30 2020)

#1362 August 30 2020

infiniteloop

Arrived at destination country can mean:
-it arrived at Beirut but it didn't even enter the customs
-it arrived at the  last country before Lebanon, knowing AE shipments can travel through 2 to 4 different countries before Lebanon

#1363 August 31 2020

BahaaAY

infiniteloop wrote:

Arrived at destination country can mean:
-it arrived at Beirut but it didn't even enter the customs
-it arrived at the  last country before Lebanon, knowing AE shipments can travel through 2 to 4 different countries before Lebanon

Oh, Thanks for the clarification.

#1364 December 15 2020

VipModz

Can anyone explain to me why a DCSD Cable shipping to US via AliExpress Standard Shipping cost +$5.36 but to Lebanon via DHL it's +$56.83

#1365 December 15 2020

anayman_k7

VipModz wrote:

Can anyone explain to me why a DCSD Cable shipping to US via AliExpress Standard Shipping cost +$5.36 but to Lebanon via DHL it's +$56.83

Well DHL deliver it much faster, they will also pass it through the customs so you will pay more, no explanation for that, this is how DHL have been since ever

#1366 December 15 2020

VipModz

anayman_k7 wrote:
VipModz wrote:

Well DHL deliver it much faster, they will also pass it through the customs so you will pay more, no explanation for that, this is how DHL have been since ever

it's sad that DHL is the only shipment method available for this item, I don't mind waiting 2 months for a FREE shipping

#1367 December 15 2020

anayman_k7

did you try to find it at other sellers or maybe other websites like banggood?

#1368 December 16 2020

VipModz

anayman_k7 wrote:

I just checked banggood and the shipping fee is +$5.11, thanks for the recommendation man!

#1369 January 5 2021

VipModz

VipModz wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

I just checked banggood and the shipping fee is +$5.11, thanks for the recommendation man!

it's going to arrive today, if anyone need help unlocking activation locked iPad hmu

#1370 January 30 2021

infiniteloop

Is China Post forbidden to deliver to Lebanon?
This is my second order where I pay +2$ for China Post airmail and they replace it by another like Cainao or Sunyou, BTW dunno if I should reclaim the 2$ I paid for the China Post option, the other ones are free, they called it ''Cainao standart shipping'' instead of ''Cainao economy''
The Sunyou one arrived at Beirut's custom at the start of the month right before lockdown, so I guess I won't receive it before mid-February

#1371 January 30 2021

NuclearVision

yes it is forbidden, they are stillout of sync and didn't know that postal services resumed shortly the beirut explosion and henxe they blocked mail to Lebanon. in fact, I have something shipped using Canaio super for 2 months now with no update.
PostNL resumed shipping to Lebanon 2 weeks ago.

#1372 April 16 2021

Fouche

Hello,

Has anyone ordered from Aliexpress recently & was able to receive their order through China post?!

#1373 April 16 2021

RandomMemory

3 months and still didn't receive my orders.

#1374 April 17 2021

Metalloy

I ordered many items on 11.11
Most were delivered but not all of them.

#1375 April 17 2021

agdroubi

Recently, I am using Aliexpress Direct which groups items into 1 package even from different sellers and send them to my Aramex UAE address within 3-4 weeks. Shipping using Aramex from UAE address is somehow cheap.

Ordering from Aliexpress the conventional way using Libanpost is not reliable at all these days.

Board footer