LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 10 2020

Moudimadi

Reseller fiber internet connection

Hello, i was an Ogero subscriber but in our area there was a 4 weeks problem and i dont know if it's solved or not yet. Anyway forget about Ogero. I took internet from a reseller. I have up to 5 mbit download speed and like 19 mbit upload one. Anyway he told me he's installing fiber too. A router that costs 70$. I asked him how about speed. he told me you'll get a 10 Mbit real speed and 80 to 100mbit for cache. But for fiber internet i think 10 mbit speed is nothing for download real speed. I don't know what did he mean by 10 Mbit real speed. I'm worried about peak time too. Rush hours. Because my internet now goes from 5 mbit speed to 2 mbit speed between 7 pm to 1 am. So does anyone of you has fiber from a reseller. Can you please tell me how is it? Give me informations about it please. Thank you.

#2 August 10 2020

nuclearcat

Re: Reseller fiber internet connection

It really depends on ISP and how much international capacity he have.
Also dont expect miracle at rush hours, with prices of international capacity in Lebanon, noone except Ogero can maintain it full speed at peak time if they are running as profitable entity.

#3 August 10 2020

DNA

resellers are always horrible they buy 10Mbit and distribute it to thousand people, Ive always been with ogero since 2009 and never did i have any downtime or issues with speed or stability

#4 August 10 2020

DNA

nuclearcat wrote:

It really depends on ISP and how much international capacity he have.
Also dont expect miracle at rush hours, with prices of international capacity in Lebanon, noone except Ogero can maintain it full speed at peak time if they are running as profitable entity.

Wish they could allow private ISPs to get their own capacity, this model is really terrible cause it is noway profitable to any ISP other than ogero unless they put FUP or share internet between 100s of clients. ogero doesn't have this problem.

Board footer