LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1351 1 weeks ago

HzSamer

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

Super Official wrote:

Is anyone currently experiencing what I am experiencing currently?

I ordered a drive enclosure over 2 months ago and shipping has been slow. 2 weeks or so ago the tracking status changes to "[Beirut] Arrive at the place of delivery" but no further progress has been made. This is the first time something has taken this long to be delivered and I starting to worry that customs do not want to clear this 6$ enclosure I bought.

My shipment still in customs. It is a grid for my softbox lighting. 23$ in total. And I am still waiting.

Untitled-1.png

#1352 6 days ago

Super Official

HzSamer wrote:
Super Official wrote:

I ordered a drive enclosure over 2 months ago and shipping has been slow. 2 weeks or so ago the tracking status changes to "[Beirut] Arrive at the place of delivery" but no further progress has been made. This is the first time something has taken this long to be delivered and I starting to worry that customs do not want to clear this 6$ enclosure I bought.

My shipment still in customs. It is a grid for my softbox lighting. 23$ in total. And I am still waiting.

https://i.ibb.co/Kzcyfkj/Untitled-1.png

Libanpost's tracking tool isn't even showing the order as arrived in Lebanon.

image.png

This is the Carrier's tracking site.
image.png
I started a dispute and the seller extended buyer protection till mid September. No idea why it is taking so long and why took almost two months to even reach Lebanon.

Last edited by Super Official (6 days ago)

#1353 5 days ago

wollyka

Most probably the tracking is wrong. The seller will contact you later and tell you that the item has been returned to them and they will issue you a refund. It happened to me 3 times in the last month (from three different sellers!)

Last edited by wollyka (5 days ago)

#1354 5 days ago

wollyka

HzSamer wrote:
Super Official wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/Kzcyfkj/Untitled-1.png

I wouldn't worry since it appeared on Libanpost page so the package arrived at least!

#1355 4 days ago

infiniteloop

I asked Edifier salesman in the app why they don't have standard shipping, he said it was removed for Lebanon.
Though I still can buy things like cables and accessories under 15$ with aliexpress standard shipping or China Airmail. Again I am afraid that the Lebanese government asked AE to stop facilitating shipments for any products above 15$ :(

#1356 4 days ago

beezer

I don't think Lebanon has the power to get China to do this. They wouldn't risk losing sales because no one would buy anything and pay the ridiculous shipping fee's. I think it's just a Covid situation and will go back, you will find some supplier still ship through standard mail.

infiniteloop wrote:

I asked Edifier salesman in the app why they don't have standard shipping, he said it was removed for Lebanon.
Though I still can buy things like cables and accessories under 15$ with aliexpress standard shipping or China Airmail. Again I am afraid that the Lebanese government asked AE to stop facilitating shipments for any products above 15$ :(

Board footer