LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 June 22 2020

Johnaudi

Re: Paying with Lebanese cards online

LBP card Bank Med just passed for 83$ at 1515L.L online store (non-lebanese)

#152 June 22 2020

zizo99

Johnaudi wrote:

yea i think it caps at 100$ as limit (same as bank audi)

Last edited by zizo99 (June 22 2020)

#153 June 22 2020

kareem_nasser

zizo99 wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

yea i think it caps at 100$ as limit (same as bank audi)

My LBP debit card's limit is 50 USD at Bank Audi. Unless you have an Embark card which is 100 USD.

#154 June 23 2020

wollyka

Fransabank stopped international online purchases on their LBP debit cards. I just received a sms telling me that it is for local use only.

2 weeks ago, the limit was reduced to 100$ (it was 200$ before). So in two weeks time, the limit dropped from $200 per month to ZERO!

Last edited by wollyka (June 23 2020)

#155 June 23 2020

AVOlio

wollyka wrote:

Fransabank stopped international online purchases on their LBP debit cards. I just received a sms telling me that it is for local use only.

2 weeks ago, the limit was reduced to 100$ (it was 200$ before). So in two weeks time, the limit dropped from $200 per month to ZERO!

I didn't receive this sms!

They reduced the limit to 100$ and only local!?
I will have to ask about that.

#156 June 23 2020

wollyka

No. local limit is unaffected it seems (but i only tried it in LBP not USD!)
The international limit is now zero. Two weeks ago it was 100$. Last month it was 200$.

I have 2 cards (one for me and the other for my bro) I received the sms only. But both cards stopped. My bro tried purchasing a small purchase on aliexpress (5$) and it was rejected (even though he didn't order anything yet this month)

Last edited by wollyka (June 23 2020)

#157 June 26 2020

infiniteloop

Anyone has an Arab Bank USD internet card?
I wonder what is the monthly limit

#158 June 26 2020

DG

Indeed. A few days ago  I failed to renew my WoW subscription. Called the bank and they confirmed blocking Blizzard Entertainment because there are a lot of lebanese people subscribed to that game and their subs are forcing the banks to transfer their precious US Dollars abroad, which is something they do not want.
Bank Of Beirut, Banque Libano Francaise, SGBL, you name it... Blizzard Entertainment is blocked everywhere. I am assuming many other popular websites such as Netflix and the like are going to be blocked soon as well.

#159 June 27 2020

zizo99

DG wrote:

Indeed. A few days ago  I failed to renew my WoW subscription. Called the bank and they confirmed blocking Blizzard Entertainment because there are a lot of lebanese people subscribed to that game and their subs are forcing the banks to transfer their precious US Dollars abroad, which is something they do not want.
Bank Of Beirut, Banque Libano Francaise, SGBL, you name it... Blizzard Entertainment is blocked everywhere. I am assuming many other popular websites such as Netflix and the like are going to be blocked soon as well.

what! that doesn't make any sense. subscription is like purchasing any item online (like paying to amazon, etc...)
my embark audi card still working for the 100$ limit, i have ESO subscription btw

#160 June 27 2020

xazbrat

Are all these issues with only LL cards or are you guys getting similar issues with USD cards too?

#161 June 27 2020

Hybrid

DG wrote:

I renewed with Audi USD card two weeks ago, and it worked fine

Last edited by Hybrid (June 27 2020)

#162 June 27 2020

kareem_nasser

Audi still hasnt change it seems, as i made a purchase from the PS store and this month my payments on the card are like 50 USD which is supposedly the limit on an LBP account.

Embark still on 100 USD.

Regarding Arab Bank, i think it is one of the only non-local banks remaining in lebanon as their HQ is in Jordan and not local. So there shouldnt be any capital control like local banks.

#163 June 29 2020

aRK0

kareem_nasser wrote:

Audi still hasnt change it seems, as i made a purchase from the PS store and this month my payments on the card are like 50 USD which is supposedly the limit on an LBP account.

Embark still on 100 USD.

Regarding Arab Bank, i think it is one of the only non-local banks remaining in lebanon as their HQ is in Jordan and not local. So there shouldnt be any capital control like local banks.

Bank Byblos is still on 50$ and 30,000LBP

#164 June 30 2020

infiniteloop

There are rumors that they will stop completely all internet buying cards in the coming 2 weeks, but dunno if it's about LL or also USD.
I hope it's fake news

#165 June 30 2020

vengeance666

infiniteloop wrote:

There are rumors that they will stop completely all internet buying cards in the coming 2 weeks, but dunno if it's about LL or also USD.
I hope it's fake news

It's something to expect in the meantime until the banking sector gets "reformed" and "relaunched" at least.

Last edited by vengeance666 (June 30 2020)

#166 June 30 2020

AVOlio

wollyka wrote:

The international limit is now zero. Two weeks ago it was 100$. Last month it was 200$.

I have 2 cards (one for me and the other for my bro) I received the sms only. But both cards stopped. My bro tried purchasing a small purchase on aliexpress (5$) and it was rejected (even though he didn't order anything yet this month)

I confirm.
My Netflix subscription got declined today.
Tried ordering an item from Amazon with LBP currency converter enabled, the order was processed on Amazon but no charge yet.
Although now I'm expecting a transaction declined sms once Amazon charges me.

This is ridiculous.
I guess I have to beg for a Netflix account sharing now from someone.

#167 June 30 2020

wollyka

AVOlio wrote:
wollyka wrote:

I confirm.
Tried ordering an item from Amazon with LBP currency converter enabled, the order was processed on Amazon but no charge yet.

This is ridiculous.

Yes, Amazon order will be declined. I just received one!!

#168 July 1 2020

zizo99

wollyka wrote:
AVOlio wrote:
wollyka wrote:

I confirm.

This is ridiculous.

just ordered 89$ from amazon from my USD bank audi card and works fine for me

Last edited by zizo99 (July 1 2020)

#169 July 1 2020

AVOlio

My order was declined.
All we had was that pathetic 200$ per month and now they stopped that.

#170 July 1 2020

wollyka

zizo99 wrote:
wollyka wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

I confirm.

This is ridiculous.

just ordered 89$ from amazon from my USD bank audi card and works fine for me

We were discussing Fransabank cards not Audi. Audi Embark (USD) limit is still 100$ (and i think LL is 50$ but not sure)

#171 July 1 2020

wollyka

AVOlio wrote:

My order was declined.
All we had was that pathetic 200$ per month and now they stopped that.

Yeah i had Credit Libanais and Fransabank. Credit Libanais stopped it 6 months ago and now Fransabank.

#172 July 1 2020

Kazouza

I have a Visa Infinite credit card (USD) from Bank of Beirut. My current limit is 750$ per week, but I've been informed 2 days ago that there are new limits coming soon and they will be reduced drastically :(

#173 July 1 2020

AVOlio

Are you paying your credit card payments in dollars?

#174 July 2 2020

Kazouza

AVOlio wrote:

Are you paying your credit card payments in dollars?

It is linked to a $ account, so technically old dollars.

#175 July 2 2020

Kareem

Kazouza wrote:

I have a Visa Infinite credit card (USD) from Bank of Beirut. My current limit is 750$ per week, but I've been informed 2 days ago that there are new limits coming soon and they will be reduced drastically :(

I have the same card, it's a $100 per week for international transactions.

update: It's almost 5 AM and I got a declined transaction on my card ( BoB infinite ) I called 1262.... they said new limits are ... :

-  $50 / week for online transactions
-  $500 / week for POS abroad

This is beyond ridiculous.

I can safely assume that BoB is indeed the shittiest bank I've ever dealt with.

Last week I went to put fresh money to transfer to my account in the US... the branch manager would only accept if I leave 25% of the amount in my USD account.

He said you can cashout the 25% in LBP ( 3000 LL / USD ).... In my case WU was a cheaper and faster alternative.

Last edited by Kareem (July 3 2020)

Board footer