LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 16 2020

MahmoudYounes

Shipping with Libanpost (Abroad)

Anyone tried using libanpost to send some documents abroad and what are your experiences with it?

I had some papers sent to me today from Lebanon to France. The employee said it normally takes 10/15 days to get here.
Normally I use dhl but this time I wasn’t allowed to pay online using my French card and in Lebanon they are asking for $ payments or using the unofficial rate in case of lbp.

#2 June 16 2020

samer
Admin

Re: Shipping with Libanpost (Abroad)

Other options to look at: Aramex, UPS, Fedex. Best thing to do is to call them up, get a quote and ask them if they're taking LBP or USD via credit cards.

Also, previous discussions:
- https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18352
- https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18551

#3 June 16 2020

NuclearVision

Yes i once sent some papers to The u.s.a, it took 2 weeks. and cost around 12,000 lbp.  But that was a year ago.
But the papers i sent were close to valueless, replaceable, so if your documents are valuable, you may not want to use libanpost, specially nowadays because most passenger flights are on hold, and to my understanding that's what's used for regular air mail transport.

#4 June 16 2020

beezer

Used Liban Post, tracked and registered mail. Nothing to worry about, I've used it several times for paperwork to UK, USA, KSA. And I prefer it as it's cheaper by a lot.

I recieved a package a few days ago and DHL tried to charge me at 3300 and I was like "fuck your company" to the delivery guy and I gave him at 1500 since it's all local fees. Stamps, customs, overtime. What a joke. Everyone is trying to take advantage of the situation and riding the wave just because they can.

#5 June 16 2020

mikasa

beezer wrote:

Used Liban Post, tracked and registered mail. Nothing to worry about, I've used it several times for paperwork to UK, USA, KSA. And I prefer it as it's cheaper by a lot.

I recieved a package a few days ago and DHL tried to charge me at 3300 and I was like "fuck your company" to the delivery guy and I gave him at 1500 since it's all local fees. Stamps, customs, overtime. What a joke. Everyone is trying to take advantage of the situation and riding the wave just because they can.

it's the driver trying to take advantage of you , not the company

#6 June 16 2020

random-username

My family always uses Liban post to send documents to me in Canada or my sister in Germany. It's the cheapest mailing service we came across. DHL is a rip off in my opinion, unless you absolutely need something to be delivered ASAP.

Pick the non-tracking option as well, since the mail will be handled by competent and robust national carriers abroad. In my case, all Liban post packages are delivered by Canada Post. It usually takes me 2 weeks to receive letters sized items.

Board footer