LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 May 24 2020

XavierWulf

Re: Libazon reviews

infiniteloop wrote:
nosense wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Checked X570 motherboards, it's x2 the price of US
Also AMD Ryzen 3800x is 350$ in the US, Libanzon = 610$

Nikon 35mm f1.8 S for Z series is 820$ in Germany, Libazon? 1350$

Libazon is a huge NO!

dude you pay on $1=1500 lbp

And??
Base prices are way more expensive than amazon + SnS
It's like they are counting 1$ = 3000LL

Edit: The Nikon lens in Libazon is a Used item at 1350$ vs NEW at 820$ on amazon, I really don't see where it's a bargain

it depends you are buying from ebay so you might find good deals i am going to buy a phone from them and it will cost me 900000lbp  if i wanted to buy the same phone i have to pay more than double in lebanon

Last edited by XavierWulf (May 24 2020)

#177 May 24 2020

Dan28

infiniteloop wrote:

The Nikon lens in Libazon is a Used item at 1350$ vs NEW at 820$ on amazon, I really don't see where it's a bargain

amazon 820$ x 4000L.L = 3,280,000 L.L without taxes and shipping to leb.
libazon 1350$ x 1500L.L = 2,025,000 L.L with taxes, shipping, and delivery to your door.

#178 May 24 2020

XavierWulf

galaxy a80 on libazon its 600 =900'000lbp
                  on amazon its 500= 2'000'000lbp
                  on amazon with chipped.io =2'400'000lbp

#179 May 24 2020

infiniteloop

Are you libazon employees?
I have $ accounts with 2 internet paying cards, so I prefer to pay $ online

#180 May 24 2020

nosense

In case of phones remember that you have to pay customs in lebanon, it would still be cheaper tho

#181 May 24 2020

nosense

infiniteloop wrote:

go for it then, my byblos card is now $50 per month and $200 per year so that would not be possible.
can you pay for a $1000 item with your bank dollars ?

#182 May 24 2020

Dan28

infiniteloop wrote:

no are you shop&ship employee?

im not defending them im defending their pricing, if your account is in lebanon you have a lollar account and you cant pay online above 50$, if you have an account abroad you still gonna pay full price in usd, and pay for shipping and customs.
you can transfer those dollars here and convert to lbp then pay libazon, you save like 50%.

i ordered fujifilm x100v, costs 1400$ on amazon. add to that the cost of shipping and taxes we are looking at 1800$ thats 7,200,000 LBP
while on libazon it costs 3,700,000 delivered to my door, thats 3,500,000 LBP saved, what dont you understand?

Last edited by Dan28 (May 24 2020)

#183 May 25 2020

XavierWulf

nosense wrote:

In case of phones remember that you have to pay customs in lebanon, it would still be cheaper tho

Correct ,and you need to be careful not to buy a phone region locked to europe,i avoid doing that by contacting the seller on ebay,by the way i heard that if you buy a google pixel phone you won't have to pay taxes because there is no google in lebanon wich means libanpost can't get the retail price of the phone so after 90 days the phone will continue working but either i am not buyin a google phone

#184 May 25 2020

xazbrat

I am not here to defend anyone, but you sort of have to sit back and measure apples to apples.  I placed an order yesterday for about 300,000LL of random stuff.  I initially wanted to get some ram for my laptop, but I did find that a lot of the inexpensive prices were for used/reconditioned or opened ram, and I decided not to take that chance (I ordered from another site instead).  Now for me, I price out everything at 3000LL to the dollar as I have dollar accounts and that is what the bank is allowing me to withdraw from the ATM at (at least the first $500 from each account).  Now, something like the protein powder I mentioned earlier is a bargain if I can get it for around 150000 LL because that would equate to less than $50 for me, while in other stores here it is much more expensive, and even in the UAE, it is around 400 AED (115ish dollars).   Just pick and choose where you get stuff and if you don't like the service move on.  And Aliexpress was charging almost nothing for the ram, but multiples of it for shipping and you still never know if you have to pay anything else when it gets here.

I am going to go to OMT today or tomorrow (when I find them open) and pay for my order and see what happens next.  Hopefully it works out, otherwise I will use another service I have been using.

#185 May 25 2020

XavierWulf

xazbrat wrote:

I am not here to defend anyone, but you sort of have to sit back and measure apples to apples.  I placed an order yesterday for about 300,000LL of random stuff.  I initially wanted to get some ram for my laptop, but I did find that a lot of the inexpensive prices were for used/reconditioned or opened ram, and I decided not to take that chance (I ordered from another site instead).  Now for me, I price out everything at 3000LL to the dollar as I have dollar accounts and that is what the bank is allowing me to withdraw from the ATM at (at least the first $500 from each account).  Now, something like the protein powder I mentioned earlier is a bargain if I can get it for around 150000 LL because that would equate to less than $50 for me, while in other stores here it is much more expensive, and even in the UAE, it is around 400 AED (115ish dollars).   Just pick and choose where you get stuff and if you don't like the service move on.  And Aliexpress was charging almost nothing for the ram, but multiples of it for shipping and you still never know if you have to pay anything else when it gets here.

I am going to go to OMT today or tomorrow (when I find them open) and pay for my order and see what happens next.  Hopefully it works out, otherwise I will use another service I have been using.

Your order won't be placed until you pay them in that time it may out of stock

#186 May 25 2020

Tech Guru

Fellows ,  I don't know why many are still having  doubt about this service. I have a skpetic personality by nature ,  and I have done  a very comprehensive due diligence against them. I have everything against them to sue them , they are registered in the NSSF and MoF. I work in the government,  and I can utilize my connections to hurt them. However,  this this is not the case since they are ACTUALLY delivering. Paying in USD is not a way with them ,  since as I have repeatedly said,  they inflate their USD to adjust for currency devaluation then multiply the amount by 1515. Nevetheless ,  they are much better than all shipment companies here riding the wave and sniping on the high dollar rate. Best prices go for Libazon , period. Libazon is genuine 100%. Without diving into their pricing details, if  Items are  delivered vs prices of :

Shipped.io
Iship
Ubuy
Eve Concierge
Desertcart

Libazon will be number choice to me. All others services are overrated and highly priced , especially in this economic crises. The end result what I do care all about without being too picky about how they price things.

Genuinity (Checked)
Delivery (Checked)

Both checked , they are number one to me,  no question. In this economic down spiral , my primary purpose is to save money. Libazon ,  till now ,  supports this reason.

Last edited by Tech Guru (May 25 2020)

#187 May 25 2020

dsoftware.king

I was just reading their reviews on trust pilot, they are hilarious. Its more of an advertisement rather than review

We’ll see how it goes with your orders

#188 May 25 2020

Tech Guru

dsoftware.king wrote:

I was just reading their reviews on trust pilot, they are hilarious. Its more of an advertisement rather than review

Also you can find fishy reviews on Amazon. Many orders are being delivered ,  already posted one.

#189 May 25 2020

dsoftware.king

Tech Guru wrote:
dsoftware.king wrote:

Also you can find fishy reviews on Amazon. Many orders are being delivered ,  already posted one.

True, but that is different.

Reviewing a product vs reviewing a whole service.

#190 May 25 2020

Tech Guru

dsoftware.king wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
dsoftware.king wrote:

True, but that is different.

Reviewing a product vs reviewing a whole service.

I issued before  a red flag for  their director about the "fishy" trust pilot issue. Nevetheless ,  when I saw them delivering , I donot care now about TrustPilot. Every company might have a marketing strategy ,  and Libazon do fail in that. Shipped.io don't have a Trustpilot metric ,  but my experience are horrible with them. Libazon is paying Trustpilot US$349.00/month .

#191 May 25 2020

Dan28

guys i found them on ebay under the name Libazon, they have 1475 orders.

#192 May 25 2020

m0ei

What boggles my mind is them listing furniture... can I buy a desk chair foe example?

This makes no sense at all.

#193 May 25 2020

xazbrat

XavierWulf wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

Your order won't be placed until you pay them in that time it may out of stock

Just payed at OMT---apparently he took his time today because of the holiday.  Usually he is there at 9, today at 11.  In any case, as I was walking back, I got the confirmation from them and now I will wait and see.

#194 May 25 2020

xazbrat

m0ei wrote:

What boggles my mind is them listing furniture... can I buy a desk chair foe example?

This makes no sense at all.

Lol--not the only ones--I have seen other sites with furniture too. .  Unless it is boxed up like Ikea, I don't know how it can be shipped here at any reasonable cost.

#195 May 25 2020

duke-of-bytes

how are they even making a profit ?! did someone check the warranty or serial number of an item to see it's true source ? refurb or used or something ?

#196 May 25 2020

VincentKeyboard

duke-of-bytes wrote:

how are they even making a profit ?! did someone check the warranty or serial number of an item to see it's true source ? refurb or used or something ?

How much do you think a regular store that sells you a phone is making off the phone? Perhaps their prices are lower because they are not greedy.

#197 May 26 2020

Dan28

Update#1: paid at omt office

my invoice is 4,044,000 LBP, omt said they cant send that amount in 1 transaction as the maximum limit is 1,500,000 LBP and they cant send 2 max transactions after each other. what they did is, they sent 4 transactions that sum up to 4,044,000 LBP, i told Libazon about this and they said its cool.
i didnt pay transaction fee, its covered by Libazon, so what you see on the site is really what you pay.
i also asked omt employees about libazon and they confirmed they have done transfers for them before, all good so far.

EDIT:

Update#2: payment confirmed

just received an email stating that the payment has been confirmed, and the order status on the site changed to "payment confirmed".
NHImksw.png

Last edited by Dan28 (May 26 2020)

#198 May 26 2020

zizo99

i am not questioning if they are legit or no, but seriously how can they exchange the rate for 1515 LL? how can they pay for the items if all customers are paying in LBP? and what about for their continuity?

i payed for my order yesterday at OMT, i also whatsapp them after and they confirmed for receiving the payment (a sweet female voice replied to me lol)

Last edited by zizo99 (May 26 2020)

#199 May 26 2020

XavierWulf

today i placed an order for a galaxy note 9 payed at omt and got a confirmation letter ,do you guys want screenshots?(if you want teach me how first

#200 May 26 2020

TheIlluminative

XavierWulf wrote:

today i placed an order for a galaxy note 9 payed at omt and got a confirmation letter ,do you guys want screenshots?(if you want teach me how first

No, we want to see the order when it reaches you.

Board footer