LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3876 May 17 2020

Kareem

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Johnaudi wrote:

My connection on dialup was probably better than my existing connection today. It randomly stops working for discord/Skype and simple works for YouTube flawlessly. Cached at its finest. Also having some troubles with a Remote Desktop connection every few hours...

You suffering from packet loss ?

#3877 May 17 2020

wollyka

Well it seems that DSL connection is only good in Admin Beirut and the areas with Fiber only (or you live  in a centrale!). That's why i will miss my connection here when i move to Mansourieh! I think i will have to get an AlfaNet or IDM4G go as as a second connection for those days with shitty connection!

Last edited by wollyka (May 17 2020)

#3878 May 17 2020

Moudimadi

wollyka wrote:

Is the modem showing the modulation type as VDSL in DSL info tab? and what VDSL profile? 17a?

Yeah it's showing Vdsl. 17a right

#3879 May 17 2020

Kareem

Moudimadi wrote:
wollyka wrote:

Is the modem showing the modulation type as VDSL in DSL info tab? and what VDSL profile? 17a?

Well then stop talking to him because it's getting you nowhere.

If you change your WAN settings to ADSL2+ do you get exactly the same attainable speed?

#3880 May 17 2020

Moudimadi

Kareem wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
wollyka wrote:

If you change your WAN settings to ADSL2+ do you get exactly the same attainable speed?

If i change my wan settings to ADSL2+ i won't get internet at all. Internet light won't turn on. Just dsl light

#3881 May 17 2020

Kareem

Moudimadi wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

If i change my wan settings to ADSL2+ i won't get internet at all. Internet light won't turn on. Just dsl light

That's strange because I for example can switch between ADSL and VDSL.

You sure that nothing changed ?  VCI etc... make sure it's 35/0

#3882 May 18 2020

Moudimadi

Kareem wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Yeah it is strange. VCI is 0/35.Nothing changed. I'll wait till tomorrow for him to call me and see what happens. Thank you so much for your help Kareem. I really appreciate it.

#3883 May 18 2020

VincentKeyboard

Johnaudi wrote:

My connection on dialup was probably better than my existing connection today. It randomly stops working for discord/Skype and simple works for YouTube flawlessly. Cached at its finest. Also having some troubles with a Remote Desktop connection every few hours...

Because dialup connections in the late 90s and early 2000s were near full dedicated connections. They were low speed but still near dedicated.

#3884 May 18 2020

wollyka

Kareem wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
Kareem wrote:

I am for example cannot switch at all, i if i switch to adsl2+, it is still shows as VDSL however, i have no IP address and no internet.

I am pretty sure that you have been switched but you are being capped somehow at adsl2+  speeds (very strange!)

#3885 May 18 2020

Kareem

wollyka wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

I am for example cannot switch at all, i if i switch to adsl2+, it is still shows as VDSL however, i have no IP address and no internet.

I am pretty sure that you have been switched but you are being capped somehow at adsl2+  speeds (very strange!)

I used to get a speed very close to ADSL2+ before changing the telephone wire going to the building box.

I'm still struggling with interference. VDSL2 is more challenging to deal with if you don't have an almost perfect environment.

Once you're beyond 5Mhz things start to go downhill.

#3886 May 18 2020

wollyka

Kareem wrote:
wollyka wrote:
Kareem wrote:

I used to get a speed very close to ADSL2+ before changing the telephone wire going to the building box.

I'm still struggling with interference. VDSL2 is more challenging to deal with if you don't have an almost perfect environment.

Very true. The neighbor on the ground floor (small restaurant) installed LED lights and my connection was massacred. More than half the speed was gone. I had to change the cable and use CAT6 to restore 80% of the speed. However, when the lights are off, i get better speeds than before.
Also CRC errors fluctuate a lot. Some days i barely get any. Other days i get thousands for no reason.

#3887 May 18 2020

Kareem

wollyka wrote:
Kareem wrote:
wollyka wrote:

Very true. The neighbor on the ground floor (small restaurant) installed LED lights and my connection was massacred. More than half the speed was gone. I had to change the cable and use CAT6 to restore 80% of the speed. However, when the lights are off, i get better speeds than before.
Also CRC errors fluctuate a lot. Some days i barely get any. Other days i get thousands for no reason.

Which makes me wonder if a shielded CAT6 cable would change anything.

#3888 May 18 2020

AVOlio

I searched the entire market for shielded cat6 cables.
Either its too expensive and they only sell per 300m rolls (plus the dollar price they charge)
Or you just won't find it at all.

I ended up buying 3m brand cat6 UTP(which is the best brand of cables with the highest amounts of twists per meter).

#3889 May 19 2020

Kareem

Is anyone experiencing a throttled download speed per connection?  Mine won't go beyond 8-10 mbps on a single connection to server.

Tried on Windows, Ubuntu and OSX... Internet download manager can get me around 4 MB/sec using 16 simultaneous streams however, wget won't go beyond 1MB/sec.

I tried using a VPN but that didn't change anything.

p.gif?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

What's weird is that only Speedtest is reporting full speed for a single connection.

Last edited by Kareem (May 20 2020)

#3890 May 20 2020

HzSamer

Kareem wrote:

Is anyone experiencing a throttled download speed per connection?  Mine won't go beyond 8-10 mbps on a single connection to server.

Tried on Windows, Ubuntu and OSX... Internet download manager can get me around 4 MB/sec using 16 simultaneous streams however, wget won't go beyond 1MB/sec.

https://im7.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-7-484dd992aa17.gif

What's weird is that only Speedtest is reporting full speed for a single connection.

I tried with IDM and set the connections to 1 instead of 8 I got 8Mbps but when I used VPN I got the full speed.

1-1.png 1-2.png

I think there is something wrong with the internet since they started to block the USD apps. The internet was very good the last two months but since that, I noticed that there is slowness which sometimes makes me crazy and when I use a VPN it is getting faster.

Also yesterday, there was no internet. The ping was working but there is no internet when browsing and the internet light was on.

1-3.png

Last edited by HzSamer (May 20 2020)

#3891 May 20 2020

Ramim91

Hello,

Just for your info, All problems mentioned above (Disconnections, Packetloss, download speed issues) exist since 1 month or more. Note that I have 2 type of connection at home. 1 Fiber connection and 1 DSL connection and i am facing these problems on both sides. So I think it's a 100% issue from Ogero side. can anyone let us know what is the possible reason behind this ?

#3892 May 20 2020

Kareem

HzSamer wrote:
Kareem wrote:

I tried with IDM and set the connections to 1 instead of 8 I got 8Mbps but when I used VPN I got the full speed.

https://i.ibb.co/jJ792wq/1-1.png https://i.ibb.co/t8kbXPq/1-2.png

I think there is something wrong with the internet since they started to block the USD apps. The internet was very good the last two months but since that, I noticed that there is slowness which sometimes makes me crazy and when I use a VPN it is getting faster.

Also yesterday, there was no internet. The ping was working but there is no internet when browsing and the internet light was on.

https://i.ibb.co/M8YLGwc/1-3.png

I'm not experiencing any outage but it's flaky. Maybe they are doing some maintenance whatsoever. Not sure but the websites are not always loading.

429c409d913153bab6bf9cd6903384a6.png

Ironically there's no TCP or UDP packet loss using MTR

#3893 May 20 2020

HzSamer

Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:
Kareem wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/jJ792wq/1-1.png https://i.ibb.co/t8kbXPq/1-2.png

https://i.ibb.co/M8YLGwc/1-3.png

I'm not experiencing any outage but it's flaky. Maybe they are doing some maintenance whatsoever. Not sure but the websites are not always loading.

https://i.gyazo.com/429c409d913153bab6b … 3384a6.png

Ironically there's no TCP or UDP packet loss using MTR

That's what I am talking about. Especially with Twitter.

#3894 May 21 2020

Ramnesia

Webpages not loading, twitter sometimes Facebook stuck in loading. I've been facing that for quiet sometime now with Ogero.

#3895 May 21 2020

HzSamer

Ramnesia wrote:

Webpages not loading, twitter sometimes Facebook stuck in loading. I've been facing that for quiet sometime now with Ogero.

Samer here. I thought there is a problem with my modem.

#3896 May 21 2020

xazbrat

HzSamer wrote:
Ramnesia wrote:

Samer here. I thought there is a problem with my modem.

I have had the same issues since November, but they have been solved with a simple VPN so I figured out the issue is on Ogero's end somewhere.   I wish they would address it.  Even lebgeeks sometimes needs a VPN smh.

#3897 May 21 2020

jaqen h'ghar

I had Issues with Ogero but I changed the DNS on my router to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) and it's working fine now, you can test it by changing the DNS on your device first, If it works then change it on the router too.

#3898 May 22 2020

Moudimadi

Guys i wanna ask. When they upgrade the central im taking from " Khalde " And it gets fiber. Will my vdsl speed increase automatically? or it's not related to each other? Thank you.

#3899 May 22 2020

xazbrat

Moudimadi wrote:

Guys i wanna ask. When they upgrade the central im taking from " Khalde " And it gets fiber. Will my vdsl speed increase automatically? or it's not related to each other? Thank you.

Yes and No---still going to need active cabinets deployed unless you are really close to the centraal.  And to the best of my knowledge, Khalde does have fiber capabilities as they have upgraded bshamoun---it is just a matter of laying out more cabinets and whatever else they have to do to get it to the subscribers.

#3900 May 22 2020

LifeEngineer

So I can't go into reddit and many other wesbites.
I accessed the router and changed the primary and secondary DNS to google's (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) but it still doesn't work.
I tried also 1.1.1.1 as main and 8.8.8.8 as secondary and still doesn't work.
Any ideas?!

EDIT: Forget it, worked now.

Last edited by LifeEngineer (May 22 2020)

Board footer