LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 27 2020

Tech Guru

Inflation & Buying Tech / Desktop Hardware

Hardware Companies  Etc.. with money greed mentality"  and they are many other shops here:

Sell at Market Price or Accepts Only USD  ( even with old stocks)

Pay Employees @ 1500 LBP

Pay NSSF & VAT @ 1500LBP

They have greed mentality and wait for such economic spiral downs to snipe for more profit.  We should, as Tech enthusiasts,  be alerted not to get robbed.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 27 2020)

#2 April 27 2020

nuclearcat

Re: Inflation & Buying Tech / Desktop Hardware

I always check how much product cost outside, calculate taxes and current lira exchange rate.
If product are within reasonable profit margin (+ they might set 1 week projected currency growth as safety gap to be able to exchange), it is still worth to buy from them.
If not - i order outside.

#3 April 27 2020

Kareem

Shops importing stuff need to be paid in USD or market rate. Even if it's an old stock, they paid in USD to import it, they should get their money back in USD so they can reorder it.

No business can afford to sell old stock at 1515 LL because they need to reorder it hence pay in USD.

#4 April 27 2020

Flakk

So what alternatives do we have concerning buying computer parts? order from abroad? Even the people on olx selling used parts only accept the market rate which i find ridiculous.

#5 April 27 2020

Adnan

If you can afford to buy hardware at inflated prices then good for you. Otherwise you just have to accept that you got a little bit poorer. Hopefully it gets better.

#6 April 27 2020

Tech Guru

I recommend in this crises with no forseen solutions,   Shipped.Io and Libazon as two alternatives you can find same products / products alternatives at lower prices ( adjusted to LBP).

I cannot tolerate to see a computer shop that has the same  item not being sold a week or two weeks , and ironically today matching it to the black market price. In a rapidly declining LBP , pure greed. Yes,  I do have have enough liquidity not to be affected , but I cannot tolerate to be snipped whether on OLX or PC Shops.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 27 2020)

#7 April 27 2020

infiniteloop

Nowadays it's better to buy from amazon and pay the extra VAT + transport, it will cost surely less than here.
If you want to pay any PC part here they will trick you in $ by putting the price in LBP after multiplying it x4300 (today) then they will divide it by 1500 because it's still the official rate.
In lbp the prices for a GPU is like 6 months of salaries now

Board footer