LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1451 April 27 2020

Toufic

Re: Feedback for IDM

xazbrat wrote:
Toufic wrote:

Any idea if they will extend the double quota for May ?

I read that it was extended by a couple of more months until the end of June--I think this is the source.  Also, 100 gig + double limit included. (my arabic sucks)

https://twitter.com/Talal_A_Hawat/statu … 0110816258

Thanks but i already saw this one, i think it's only for ogero subscribers and not ISP, at least they haven't messaged/emailed me yet and i must change the plan before the end of the month given the stay at home.

#1452 June 3 2020

Toufic

Any idea how to tell if you're eligible for VDSL ?

I'm already subscribed to OS-ADSL with IDM, but im only getting 6.6MBPS on local speed test, at the time when they were doing tests and so on, it reached 14MBPS but bastards limited it i think.

I live right in the middle of hamra

#1453 June 3 2020

wollyka

Send a DM to Ogero on twitter and ask them for a VDSL feasibility test.
You can also call IDM support and ask them to do a test for you too.

#1454 June 15 2020

wollyka

Did anyone receive the below sms from IDM?
On top of our extended special offers, enjoy FREE Unlimited Internet every day from 7:00am till 7:00pm from now till end of June.

#1455 June 15 2020

MohMokdad2

Yes I did.

wollyka wrote:

Did anyone receive the below sms from IDM?
On top of our extended special offers, enjoy FREE Unlimited Internet every day from 7:00am till 7:00pm from now till end of June.

#1456 June 15 2020

kareem_nasser

Same.

Since i am subscribed to unlimited nights, basically my consumption will be metered from 7pm till 11pm (?).

#1457 June 15 2020

wollyka

kareem_nasser wrote:

Same.

Since i am subscribed to unlimited nights, basically my consumption will be metered from 7pm till 11pm (?).

I was thinking the same and 10 days ago i subscribed to the 200 GB bundle (400 GB with double quota) so now i have to consume them all between 7pm and 11 pm!!!?

#1458 June 15 2020

kareem_nasser

wollyka wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

Same.

I was thinking the same and 10 days ago i subscribed to the 200 GB bundle (400 GB with double quota) so now i have to consume them all between 7pm and 11 pm!!!?

Most probably. But the increased daily electricity outage isnt going to help -_-

#1459 June 16 2020

wollyka

kareem_nasser wrote:
wollyka wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

Same.

Most probably. But the increased daily electricity outage isnt going to help -_-

very true

Last edited by wollyka (June 16 2020)

#1460 July 8 2020

anayman_k7

Since today morning (Wednesday 8th of July) I can't ping IPs on the internet anymore, ICMP requests are not passing on my Open Speed ADSL subscription, anyone facing similar issue?

Edit: It worked by itself after around 30 minutes, not sure what was going on there

Last edited by anayman_k7 (July 8 2020)

#1461 July 21 2020

anayman_k7

Today also weird things happening with IDM Adsl, after losing connection for about an hour, calling support didn't help as usual since they are clueless, the only thing they know is test without filter and blame the modem, currently my adsl is syncing at 6dB for SNR margin, resulting in a bit higher speed but a lot of CRC errors, not sure what they are doing, my usual SNR after a fresh boot is 10dB

#1462 July 21 2020

wollyka

anayman_k7 wrote:

Today also weird things happening with IDM Adsl, after losing connection for about an hour, calling support didn't help as usual since they are clueless, the only thing they know is test without filter and blame the modem, currently my adsl is syncing at 6dB for SNR margin, resulting in a bit higher speed but a lot of CRC errors, not sure what they are doing, my usual SNR after a fresh boot is 10dB

Still working fine here. My SNR is usually at 8db and it is at 7.9db now.

Which centrale are you connected to?

#1463 July 21 2020

anayman_k7

wollyka wrote:

Still working fine here. My SNR is usually at 8db and it is at 7.9db now.

Which centrale are you connected to?

I am connected to Kalamoun Central near Tripoli, I got a call from them today saying that multiple users reported the same and they followed up with Ogero and it should be fixed by now, funnily while he was saying that the SNR margin was fluctuating, currently it is stable at 11dB for 8500 data rate, it is in the normal range now.

#1464 August 28 2020

Shix

IDM down?

#1465 August 28 2020

Trauma

Shix wrote:

IDM down?

Yes it is down for me too. Thanks for writing.

What's sad is asking them about it and they tell you to reset modem and will open a case for you. Why not tell you it's from their side?

#1466 August 29 2020

Shix

Trauma wrote:
Shix wrote:

IDM down?

Yes it is down for me too. Thanks for writing.

What's sad is asking them about it and they tell you to reset modem and will open a case for you. Why not tell you it's from their side?

I tried calling and the line wasn't connecting, so I checked the all and website and both were down so I figured something happened to their servers.

#1467 October 9 2020

MichaelFeghali

I requested clearance from IDM on the 1st of October and they called me the next day to convince me to stay with them. However, I insisted that I want to switch ISPs, and eventually they had to agree. The problem is that I still haven't received the clearance by mail and believe they are stalling purposely. I called twice to follow up with them and got two completely different answers. One said that it needs 30 days (which is a big issue since I will need the clearance before the end of the month in order to switch) and the second said it doesn't need long and I should receive it soon. Does anyone have experience with requesting clearance from IDM? Should I keep calling every 4-5 days to make sure they send it in time?

#1468 October 20 2020

wollyka

Anyone getting high packets lost (50%) today with IDM?

#1469 October 20 2020

CorrrrrrrRrrrrrrRrrRRupt

wollyka wrote:

Getting around 10% packet loss but that's not the only issue, latency is much higher than usual (100ms vs 30ms) and download speed is very slow, using ADSL in Beirut, my friend who's in Saida and using Cyberia is facing the same issues since morning.

#1470 October 20 2020

wollyka

CorrrrrrrRrrrrrrRrrRRupt wrote:
wollyka wrote:

Getting around 10% packet loss but that's not the only issue, latency is much higher than usual (100ms vs 30ms) and download speed is very slow, using ADSL in Beirut, my friend who's in Saida and using Cyberia is facing the same issues since morning.

True same here. Packets loss are now at around 28% in Beirut, slow downloads, latencies in the 120ms (I used to have in the 60ms). I have VDSL

#1471 October 20 2020

CorrrrrrrRrrrrrrRrrRRupt

wollyka wrote:
wollyka wrote:

True same here. Packets loss are now at around 28% in Beirut, slow downloads, latencies in the 120ms (I used to have in the 60ms). I have VDSL

Back to normal here in Beirut and in Saida.

#1472 October 21 2020

wollyka

wollyka wrote:

Back to normal here in Beirut and in Saida.

It was normal after 6pm and now it is back (starting 11 am) to being shit with tons of packets loss and high latencies.

#1473 November 12 2020

wollyka

Packets loss are back since noon and the ping is around 100ms instead of 60ms

#1474 November 12 2020

nuclearcat

There is problem with online schools software solution everybody using, they use very unoptimized traffic patterns and causing extreme load on all ISPs (not only IDM).
I asked my colleagues to call them and dicuss this.
If they will not listen or cooperate, probably i will explain in details and in way less polite words.

#1475 November 12 2020

wollyka

Ouf..
Well done pinpointing the problem

Board footer