LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 23 2020

VincentKeyboard

Desktop monitor screen protection

Hi. Someone accidentally threw a metallic object at my screen and it left a very large scratch. It was part of a tin can. I ordered a new one, same model, from a shop but they charged 3800LBP per dollar in addition to raising the monitor price by 30 dollars because "they are not officially open" in addition 20 thousand for same-day-delivery. This is now 580,000LL more than what I paid for the original screen.
Since I can't afford to do this again due to the ridiculous prices in Dollars and LBP, what would be the best way to protect the screen from scratches?
This is normally not an issue since I close my room when I am at work but with home lock due to corona, I get "stalked" all day by childish people. I told them no more bringing food into my room.

However, is there any way to protect the screen in case someone does this again? I was thinking thin lamination?

Last edited by VincentKeyboard (April 23 2020)

#2 April 23 2020

AVOlio

Re: Desktop monitor screen protection

What is this monitor protection you're talking about?

What kind of monitor you have to think about protecting it this much!

#3 April 23 2020

VincentKeyboard

AVOlio wrote:

What is this monitor protection you're talking about?

What kind of monitor you have to think about protecting it this much!

A computer screen. I spent a major part of my savings to replace it and I do a lot work on this desktop because I left my laptop in the office so my boss can use it.
I was hoping for something similar to phone screen protector glass plates.

#4 April 23 2020

AVOlio

I saved around 8 months to get my monitor from abroad, paid around 1500$ for it all in all. (it's the LG 34GK950F for reference).
And I don't even think about protecting it that much!
What's your monitor that youre thinking to protect it that much?

Anyway, regarding the protection, what protection were you using and planning to buy again?
I'm curious to know, if you can link me an example.

Although my monitor is ultra wide and Curved, I doubt I will find one for me.

#5 April 23 2020

VincentKeyboard

The monitor is a lot cheaper than you 1500$. I was not using protection. That's how my neighbor's kid could do damage to the screen when she was opening her can of fruits.
I got my salary a week early because my boss is spending time with his family. So I used a 100k from next month's expenditure along with my savings to replace it.
I can probably start saving a 100K per month starting the end of May. However, I have to be careful not to let anyone damage my stuff till then.

Board footer