LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3826 April 16 2020

Ezio

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Hi guys do you know a good kahrabje capable of change the internet cable that comes into the home. I live in dahye so keep that in mind, and I don't want an electrical engineer for that..

#3827 April 16 2020

Kareem

Ezio wrote:

Hi guys do you know a good kahrabje capable of change the internet cable that comes into the home. I live in dahye so keep that in mind, and I don't want an electrical engineer for that..

Check this thread. You can do it yourself. It's well written and answers most of the questions.

https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19071

#3828 April 16 2020

xazbrat

vengeance666 wrote:

Anyone noticed an issue with Ogero billing system? I paid my bill Tuesday the 14th and we are at the 16th now (2 AM by the time I'm writing this) and still the panel shows that I have a bill pending to be paid. It usually updates to 0 LBP (no outstanding bills remaining) at the 15th by 12:00AM midnight or early morning. Tho the monthly quota usage is still updating as usual. Anyone else facing this ?

No such issue for me, at least right now.  Check the tab where it shows your bills and see what the status of your last one is (February I think).  Probably a bug so wouldn't worry about it--the ministry has told Ogero not to shut people's phones off during this period, but I don't know if that extends to their internet.

#3829 April 16 2020

Draguen

Ogero 3adlieh central is under maintenance (as per the ogero operator), I've been without Internet since yesterday.

The operator told me this afternoon that it would be resolved by tonight, hopefully it will.

#3830 April 22 2020

DG

Same problem as last time. Is anyone with Ogero randomly noticing their Internet is dying for a few seconds (all modem light remain ON).

#3831 April 22 2020

xazbrat

DG wrote:

Same problem as last time. Is anyone with Ogero randomly noticing their Internet is dying for a few seconds (all modem light remain ON).

Happens more frequently than I would like.  Just a pause, then back to normal.  Even the stats don't show anything wrong.

#3832 April 27 2020

john

xazbrat wrote:
DG wrote:

Happens more frequently than I would like.  Just a pause, then back to normal.  Even the stats don't show anything wrong.

Same here (Dbayeh area), been trying to report it to Ogero for a month now, every few minutes ( ~10 minutes) the connection drops but all light remain on. Their staff are friendly and cooperative, but i'm getting nowhere with them, each time i call or message them on twitter, i have to reexplain the whole thing all again. I tried to solve it myself, replace the main tel cable down to Ogero box, got new filter and modem, but nothing changed.

ping

#3833 April 30 2020

Kareem

My application for VDSL has been pending since March 25. Multiple calls, 800+ msg and complaint, they opened a ticket on April 14 yet nothing. I called them 10 days ago they said they're sending someone in 2 days and I should receive a call but nothing.

I called them on monday, they escalated the issue ( b.s but going with the flow ) and informed me that it's totally weird but someone will certainly call me within 2 or 3 days.

Well nobody called. I sent Ogero telecom a DM on twitter and been following up with them. Nothing other than, we will push it from our side and we will do our best. I even offered them money to come.

That was on April 22

b8a4c31f4796fd49f4adfa232ab301f9.png

Now WTF seriously. 8 days and still nothing. They did not even come to do the feasibility test from which it will take another two weeks.

Last time I called 1515, a lady answered me from the speakerphone and I could hear a baby crying all the time she was talking. I bet she was breastfeeding or something.

Well we're in Lebanon, despite everything Imad Kreidieh is doing to improve things, the reality is far from expectations.

#3834 April 30 2020

Moudimadi

Ogero told me that i'm eligible for VDSL. the guy came and told me you're so far from the central and you dont have an active cabinet in your area. he switched me to vdsl. I got same speed as adsl. but on vdsl. Waiting now for central khaldeh to get upgraded and an active cabinet to be installed in Dawhet Aramoun where i live to get high speeds. I dont know how do they say you can have Vdsl and there's no active cabinet yet in our area. this is unacceptable. Btw when he installed vdsl. i got an upload line attenuation 64.3 db. download : 26.9 db. snr margin download : 10.5 db. upload: 9.5 db.

#3835 April 30 2020

Kareem

Moudimadi wrote:

Ogero told me that i'm eligible for VDSL. the guy came and told me you're so far from the central and you dont have an active cabinet in your area. he switched me to vdsl. I got same speed as adsl. but on vdsl. Waiting now for central khaldeh to get upgraded and an active cabinet to be installed in Dawhet Aramoun where i live to get high speeds. I dont know how do they say you can have Vdsl and there's no active cabinet yet in our area. this is unacceptable. Btw when he installed vdsl. i got an upload line attenuation 64.3 db. download : 26.9 db. snr margin download : 10.5 db. upload: 9.5 db.

When did all this happen ?

#3836 April 30 2020

leblinux

Moudimadi wrote:

I have DSL 2Mbps stable and 4 Mbps (current) not stable due to infamous Elevator, can you PM me to know where in Dawhit Aramon you live? Maybe they can hook me up on vdsl?

#3837 April 30 2020

vengeance666

leblinux wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

I have DSL 2Mbps stable and 4 Mbps (current) not stable due to infamous Elevator, can you PM me to know where in Dawhit Aramon you live? Maybe they can hook me up on vdsl?

This is one of the few moments I cherish living in an old building in a village with no elevator or electricity rooms/boxes for the entire building.

#3838 May 1 2020

Moudimadi

Kareem wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

When did all this happen ?

Since like a month

#3839 May 1 2020

Moudimadi

vengeance666 wrote:
leblinux wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

This is one of the few moments I cherish living in an old building in a village with no elevator or electricity rooms/boxes for the entire building.

You're right. but i changed the phone line from my house to the electricity room since like 2 years. i have the cat5e and elevator isn't a problem here. The phone line is directly coming to my house from the electricity room. The guy who came said that your line is giving 50 mbit to central khalde but to my house it's giving 14 mbit max. He tested my line downstairs and he said you have the same speed as the line downstairs. so i have to wait for an active cabinet to be installed in my area.

#3840 May 5 2020

arached

anyone facing disconnectivity from ogero dsl?

#3841 May 5 2020

vengeance666

arached wrote:

If you mean led lights are still on but websites stop working and games freeze for no apparent reason then yea I'm facing that since a week or so.

#3842 May 5 2020

DG

Yes, I've been having this problem since they doubled the quota and speed for everyone because of the Corona virus.
All modem LEDs are on yet I lose connectivity for about 1 minute.

#3843 May 5 2020

mk555

DG wrote:

Yes, I've been having this problem since they doubled the quota and speed for everyone because of the Corona virus.

Yeah, same thing is happening to me.

#3844 May 5 2020

DG

And btw, Ogero's DSL is extremely slow today.

#3845 May 5 2020

arached

DG wrote:

Same but today it's happening more often. And my download speed have been horrible since then. I barely get 2 Mb/s .

#3846 May 5 2020

Ramim91

DG wrote:

Same thing here, Ras Beirut central.

#3847 May 5 2020

Raficoo

arached wrote:

I've been having this problem for over 2 weeks now!

all the lights on my modem stay on, but you lose connectivity for brief moments every now and then, like, you try to open any website and it just keeps loading and loading but nothing loads so you have to wait and then refresh the page and pray it actually opens by then.

I'm on Ogero from Saida centrale.

Also, for whatever reason, I can't login into the Discord app anymore. It strangely loads up on browser and mobile perfectly, but on the app I just keep getting a never ending "update failed - retrying" message. It's the first time I encounter such a problem in 4 years. I tried changing IPs, same, using different DNS, same, anyone else getting this weird error? I can't tell if it's something on my computer or on Ogero's side.

Last edited by Raficoo (May 5 2020)

#3848 May 5 2020

vengeance666

Raficoo wrote:
arached wrote:

I've been having this problem for over 2 weeks now!

all the lights on my modem stay on, but you lose connectivity for brief moments every now and then, like, you try to open any website and it just keeps loading and loading but nothing loads so you have to wait and then refresh the page and pray it actually opens by then.

I'm on Ogero from Saida centrale.

Also, for whatever reason, I can't login into the Discord app anymore. It strangely loads up on browser and mobile perfectly, but on the app I just keep getting a never ending "update failed - retrying" message. It's the first time I encounter such a problem in 4 years. I tried changing IPs, same, using different DNS, same, anyone else getting this weird error? I can't tell if it's something on my computer or on Ogero's side.

I have friends who are still playing WoW and they use discord normally on raid nights. 3 of them are on Ogero and 1 is on Cyberia.

#3849 May 6 2020

Kareem

That's weird my Ogero connection has never been better ( Bir Hassan )

#3850 May 6 2020

Johnaudi

Kareem wrote:

That's weird my Ogero connection has never been better ( Bir Hassan )

I'd have to oppose that. My Ogero connection has never been worse. (Mansourieh)
Not only is it slow, but also random disconnections, can't open Skype/Discord without having it to load somewhat, only YouTube seems to be running well and I'm assuming that's because it's cached.

Last edited by Johnaudi (May 6 2020)

Board footer