LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 April 20 2020

BHW84

Re: Libazon reviews

Kareem wrote:
BHW84 wrote:

I placed an order, so will share all the details later. They told me that orders need 20 to 25 working days to be delivered because the current situation.

Ahh yeah someone who registered 3 days ago will give us his feedback. Can't wait for it.

This looks fake AF. Sorry, going back to sleep.

Hello,

First what i can say is that it is true that i registered few days ago to post in this thread, but i was a daily visitor of this site for long time, but as this is the first time that i have something to post, i registered recently.
I found an item with a good deal on this app recently that i really need, so i posted here to check if anyone has previous experience that helps me in my decision, in addition to my search on the internet, and i found that guy talking about his smart watch but i found no one that had a problem with them.

i am not saying that to convince anyone with anything now, but for me i felt confident to place my order and will wait to see what will happen, then i will share my detailed feedback with you here, and i have no problem for any one to contact me by email, phone, whatsapp etc... but as for now i have nothing to share, just i placed an order, Payed the amount at OMT and all is OK for now as they are always responding to any questions quickly.

Finally, i am a computer engineer working on the private sector, and i have no problem to be contacted one to one but for sure i will not share my personal details here in public

#52 April 20 2020

Dan28

i registered on the site yesterday, i got contacted by lebazon today via whatsapp saying "thank you for joining lebazon". Desperate for customers?

#53 April 20 2020

ivy

BHW84 wrote:
Kareem wrote:
BHW84 wrote:

I placed an order, so will share all the details later. They told me that orders need 20 to 25 working days to be delivered because the current situation.

Ahh yeah someone who registered 3 days ago will give us his feedback. Can't wait for it.

This looks fake AF. Sorry, going back to sleep.

Hello,

First what i can say is that it is true that i registered few days ago to post in this thread, but i was a daily visitor of this site for long time, but as this is the first time that i have something to post, i registered recently.
I found an item with a good deal on this app recently that i really need, so i posted here to check if anyone has previous experience that helps me in my decision, in addition to my search on the internet, and i found that guy talking about his smart watch but i found no one that had a problem with them.

i am not saying that to convince anyone with anything now, but for me i felt confident to place my order and will wait to see what will happen, then i will share my detailed feedback with you here, and i have no problem for any one to contact me by email, phone, whatsapp etc... but as for now i have nothing to share, just i placed an order, Payed the amount at OMT and all is OK for now as they are always responding to any questions quickly.

Finally, i am a computer engineer working on the private sector, and i have no problem to be contacted one to one but for sure i will not share my personal details here in public

After you paid your bill at OMT, did you receive any email/whatsapp?

#54 April 20 2020

bobo619

Any way you look at it , it doesn't make sense as a business model. They claim to be like a concierge between you and the UK seller which are paid in gbp. The money collected is in lbp which today is around 3200 for 1$. How can they make a profit?Unless they are exchanging at 1500/$ It is too good to be true and most probably is.

#55 April 20 2020

AVOlio

Their Strategy seems obvious to me.
They are inflating the prices of the items. (Say if an item costs 40$, they're putting it on their website as 60$)
And then on top of that 60$ they're adding 10$ shipping and 4$ tax.

I would say, if you ship and this same item using Shopandship, the total costs would be the same as here.
for example, S&S will take like 15$ shipping. and then 10-13$ customs/ tax.
So they would be pretty much equal with a little discrepancy.  (BTW S&S are still taking 1515 LBP for the Dollar as usual if anyone is interested).

I tried adding an OLED TV to their website.
It says 2100$ on their website.
Searched the seller on Ebay, the amount on ebay from the seller directly was at 1600-1700$.
So they added 400$ on top of it.
And then the cherry on top will be the 10$ shipping and 4$ custom/tax they declare on checkout.

Now in this case, since it is a Big item  ~430$ is a good bargain to ship the TV, or say a monitor if you find one.
My last shipment of a 34' monitor with S&S cost me around 550$ (other than the price of the monitor).

So in case they are legit, shipping big items might be better with them.

Also make sure to go and google search the seller they have mentioned on their website and check the item from the seller on ebay directly to check the price difference.
The prices will be shown in GBP since it is ebay uk

#56 April 20 2020

Kareem

AVOlio wrote:

Their Strategy seems obvious to me.
They are inflating the prices of the items. (Say if an item costs 40$, they're putting it on their website as 60$)

It says 2100$ on their website.
Searched the seller on Ebay, the amount on ebay from the seller directly was at 1600-1700$.
So they added 400$ on top of it.
And then the cherry on top will be the 10$ shipping and 4$ custom/tax they declare on checkout.

Now in this case, since it is a Big item  ~430$ is a good bargain to ship the TV, or say a monitor if you find one.
My last shipment of a 34' monitor with S&S cost me around 550$ (other than the price of the monitor).

No, still doesn't make sense. Even if they are inflating the price, they should certainly double it. $2100 USD is technically $1000 USD if you're paying in LBP @ 1500LL.

Did you say $4 import duties at checkout ? because if this ain't a typo, I'm out of this thread.

#57 April 20 2020

infiniteloop

Yes it's literally 30 to 50% more expensive
Exemple: Asus Mobo X570 Prime P at B&H = 145$ + 35$ Easyshop DHL + 11% VAT = Total 200$
With Libazon 300ish $
Same for Smartphones it's 100 to 300$ more than Amazon + Easyshop + 16% customs

#58 April 20 2020

Tech Guru

Update: 

A friend of mine contacted them ,  he need to order a monitor. LG 27GL83A Ultra Gear Gaming Monitor for 1,299,060LBP exactly to be delivered to his door steps.

He tried to tell them to give the whole payment at their offices at Chouf ,  but they refused. They told him we are a legal and registered company that has a legal contract with OMT. He shifted to Plan B and Plan C that will be executed simultaneously.

Plan B:  Contacting Aramex tomorrow and trying to ask them if they are actually delivering products for them within Lebanon. Reason:  The company is new to him and he want to know its legitimacy before paying 1million plus LBP worth for a product.

Plan C: Order a relatively cheap item from them , a 60,000 to 70,000 LBP, mouse pad for example. Wait and see if the item arrives. A trial test.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 20 2020)

#59 April 20 2020

Dan28

Tech Guru wrote:

Plan C: Order a relatively cheap item from them , a 60,000 to 70,000 LBP, mouse pad for example. Wait and see of the item arrives. A trial test.

they seem smart, they will know its a test and actually ship the item, then rip him for something bigger.

#60 April 20 2020

Tech Guru

Dan28 wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

Plan C: Order a relatively cheap item from them , a 60,000 to 70,000 LBP, mouse pad for example. Wait and see of the item arrives. A trial test.

they seem smart, they will know its a test and actually ship the item, then rip him for something bigger.

Well it seems they are smart on geeks like us too :)))). Tomorrow I will try to dig with my friends at the Ministry of Finance if they have an commercial attestation as a registered company here and its full address in Chouf Area.

#61 April 20 2020

Dan28

they got a facebook page LibazonLebanon with 4k members, they seem very active but lack interactions, but the odd part they are advertising cheap items like keychains, hand sanitizers and what not. maybe they are actually legit and money laundering? their prices are still at 1500lbp for 1 usd which doesnt make sense and i believe they will lose money this way.

#62 April 20 2020

ivy

I'll be waiting on your friend and you. I'm pretty convinced they're legit, just need that extra reassurance.

#63 April 20 2020

Dan28

oh i found this on instagram.
libazon

#64 April 20 2020

ivy

Dan28 wrote:

oh i found this on instagram.
https://i.ibb.co/KyrtSVP/Screenshot-7.png

Changed your mind a bit??

#65 April 21 2020

Tech Guru

#Libazon Any One with feedback?  It is a total scam or what ,  their prices are damn tempting. Money Laundering " maybe"  ? On my comprehensive search I am 50 - 50 ,  best two ways:

A person ordering a relatively expensive items ( 300 Plus USD) not a small one , it could be trap ,  delivering the low cost item to establish trust and scam in an expensive item.

And/Or

Someone check their legitimacy by connecting  Aramex Lebanon ,  and see if they are actually delivering goods to  Lebanese Customers.

They refused to come to their Chouf Office and deposit the payment their by cash. Only through OMT full payment at checkout. They are very cooperative at whatsapp#  with a lot or big trust statements.

TrustPilot is fishy ,  all 34 feedbacks are recent. Oldest March 2020.

#66 April 21 2020

Kareem

Tech Guru wrote:

#Libazon Any One with feedback?  It is a total scam or what ,  their prices are damn tempting. Money Laundering " maybe"  ? On my comprehensive search I am 50 - 50 ,  best two ways:

A person ordering a relatively expensive items ( 300 Plus USD) not a small one , it could be trap ,  delivering the low cost item to establish trust and scam in an expensive item.

And/Or

Someone check their legitimacy by connecting  Aramex Lebanon ,  and see if they are actually delivering goods to  Lebanese Customers.

They refused to come to their Chouf Office and deposit the payment their by cash. Only through OMT full payment at checkout. They are very cooperative at whatsapp#  with a lot or big trust statements.

And no reviews on FB / Insta....rarely an unrelated comment whatsoever... not accepting cash in person is a "wtf seriously"....

I asked a friend who liked their pages on FB he told me that they were advertising on facebook back in 2018 but he never tried them.

Come to think of it, the effort they're putting is not a single man work. I still strongly believe they are doing illegal business ( not paying tax, no VAT and god knows how they are send the goods oversea if they even are...)

#67 April 21 2020

ivy

Tech Guru wrote:

And/Or

If you're forwarding money through OMT, it's going into their bank account overseas, handing them cash means it'll be hard for them to transfer the money.

#68 April 21 2020

Kareem

ivy wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

And/Or

If you're forwarding money through OMT, it's going into their bank account overseas, handing them cash means it'll be hard for them to transfer the money.

Aw really? OMT + LBP overseas ? Lol ?

#69 April 21 2020

ivy

Where's the joke? They're forwarding the amount you pay abroad.

#70 April 21 2020

m0ei

OMT is internal. 
Western Union is international.

#71 April 21 2020

ivy

Excuse me then, Western Union it is.

#72 April 21 2020

Kareem

ivy wrote:

No you missed the joke. You think you can go to Western Union, give them LBP and they will send it to you internationally in USD ? I mean are you serious or maybe you missed the whole point of the thread... ?

#73 April 21 2020

Dan28

i just placed an order to see how it works, they give you omt code to pay to. If you refresh or close the page, there is no place or section on the site to see that code again, it just shows pending order and nothing related to the omt code.

#74 April 21 2020

Dan28

Dan28 wrote:

i just placed an order to see how it works, they give you omt code to pay to. If you refresh or close the page, there is no place or section on the site to see that code again, it just shows pending order and nothing related to the omt code.

how do they know the money sent was from you?

#75 April 21 2020

ivy

Kareem wrote:
ivy wrote:

No you missed the joke. You think you can go to Western Union, give them LBP and they will send it to you internationally in USD ? I mean are you serious or maybe you missed the whole point of the thread... ?

You're really not understanding are you.
They're not sending it as USD, they're forwarding the money to their bank account.
Maybe if you'd focus on actual due diligence it'd benefit everyone.

Board footer