LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 April 19 2020

ivy

Re: Libazon reviews

Someone ask aramex since they're part of their supply chain, we can definitely get an idea of their service then.

#27 April 19 2020

m0ei

This look like a fake account...

#28 April 19 2020

ivy

m0ei wrote:

This look like a fake account...

I checked his post history, he's been on reddit for 2 years. Saying something like this out of blue would freak people out for no reason. The guy browses reddit regularly, w byehke 3arabe.

Last edited by ivy (April 19 2020)

#29 April 19 2020

m0ei

Well, him pointing out trustpilot as well was the fishy part.

They're on OMT cash to business list btw, I just checked.

#30 April 19 2020

Dan28

this guy might be 1 of the employees, i dont know but it seems too good to be true. i wish they had cash on delivery option or 50% before and after payment.

#31 April 19 2020

Dan28

m0ei wrote:

Well, him pointing out trustpilot as well was the fishy part.

yes that and he is trying to convince him to buy with each word he says, he is replying with lots of details and taking his attention to aramex by saying "you know that aramex are very good at their job", as if he is trying to build trust for the buyer by mentioning something the buyer already used or had experience with.

#32 April 19 2020

ivy

I think it's his weak English honestly and hey you could be right as well, I'm just laying these things in front, at the end of the day aramex seems like the only people we can ask to be sure

#34 April 19 2020

ivy

Here's his watch that he posted on another sub, seems like they're legit. https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/co … _89_brand/

Last edited by ivy (April 19 2020)

#35 April 19 2020

Tech Guru

This person ,"samsung watch customer" repeatedly emphasis on the 1500 LBP rate which sounds fishy to me.

Costs are implicit in the subtotal price as such they inflated the subtotal in USD inclusive their profit margin ,  shipment , customs,  11%VAT , current  inflation rate then they multiply it by 1500. A psychological   relief pill swollen due  current 3000 rate &  inflation. Yes,  it is 1500 LBP rate , wow ,  but indirectly no:

2070 Super they list it at 1116 USD × 1500 = Its Real Price ×Market Rate adjusted to inflation  +  Charges (shipment ,  customs ..)

20200418-065106.jpg

On TrustedPilot , which Libazon director  advised me to take as trust measure ,  many fishy posts there too. For example this " customer"  bought a washing machine ,  dining table , and a bed ... :) ...

FB-IMG-1587324388751.jpg

Nevertheless,  I still have some hope for them to be true.

Taking a full payment on checkout ,  fishy trustpilot feedbacks , 25 - 30 % lower prices vs competition are all redflags hovering around before pulling the trigger.

Aramex Connections is a possible verification and/or someone in the members has the courge to take a blind risk to verify their legitimacy.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 20 2020)

#36 April 19 2020

Dan28

oh i didn't know you can ship washing machines by air, i always thought its shipped by sea cargo.. interesting.

#37 April 19 2020

ivy

I'm looking at by a phone and while it costs $1800, at the 1500 rate it's still way cheaper than the 4,400,000 they're asking in Lebanon. Depending on the item they may or may not be any cheaper.

#38 April 19 2020

BHW84

I placed an order, so will share all the details later. They told me that orders need 20 to 25 working days to be delivered because the current situation.

#39 April 19 2020

ivy

BHW84 wrote:

I placed an order, so will share all the details later. They told me that orders need 20 to 25 working days to be delivered because the current situation.

It would be great if you could tell us what you're buying, how you're paying, the customer support experience, the bill they send you. If it's fine by you.

#40 April 19 2020

wollyka

BHW84 wrote:

We will appreciate if you share your experience with them later ..

Last edited by wollyka (April 20 2020)

#41 April 19 2020

Kareem

BHW84 wrote:

Ahh yeah someone who registered 3 days ago will give us his feedback. Can't wait for it.

This looks fake AF. Sorry, going back to sleep.

#42 April 19 2020

Kareem

Double posting for some reason but worth noting:

No VAT or Tax and no import duties means:

1- Illegal business
2-  Not shipped via Aramex oversea ( no way as I have a business account at Aramex, I can dig deeper but not worth the hassle)
3 - They list expired stuff on Ebay
4- Ebay listing is legit but the whole business raises red flags everywhere.
5-  Pay upon delivery is available at Aramex. They hold the cash until you receive your items
6- No business in Lebanon is accepting 1515LBP/USD ( except for fuel, bread and medical stuff... Ahh yeah and Uber )

If you look below you will notice that at almost 3300 USD/LBP nowadays, you're technically  paying $1550 for an iMac that was sold on Ebay for 2500 USD ( it's the same item, fetched from Ebay as I had to search in google cache)

Note that NO iMac comes preinstalled with 24GB of RAM. It's either 8,16 or 32GB factory installed.

So let's all sell our stuff on Ebay, get paid in GBP by them then resell it on Ebay to them... yay infinite cash.

34d96ddb6f594cd02103228dbb46f728.png

Last edited by Kareem (April 19 2020)

#43 April 20 2020

ivy

I'm in no position to defend them but I can't see misinformation like this.
First off, who says there's no tax and VAT, their prices are inflated to account just for that. And they use aramex as a local partner not an international one, they just deliver items within lebanon. As for the fake listing, here you go.
IMG-20200420-031838.jpg
upload images

#44 April 20 2020

Kareem

ivy wrote:

I'm in no position to defend them but I can't see misinformation like this.
First off, who says there's no tax and VAT, their prices are inflated to account just for that. And they use aramex as a local partner not an international one, they just deliver items within lebanon. As for the fake listing, here you go.
https://i.ibb.co/VgwpFcq/IMG-20200420-031838.jpg
upload images

I said earlier that it's fetching legit listing from Ebay.

What I clearly said is that as YOU CAN SEE the price is $2500 USD. What kind of business is accepting what's equivalent to $1550 USD for stuff like that?

I'd be glad to carefully hear your elaboration.

And yeah I forgot to mention, if they're paying VAT and import duties, that's the cherry on top.

Last edited by Kareem (April 20 2020)

#45 April 20 2020

ivy

That's the whole thing isn't it? Knowing how they can accept the official rate is still a mystery. And it's not just them, shipped.io are also giving a rate of 2250 which is higher than 1500 but still beneath the market rate of 3000.

#46 April 20 2020

Tech Guru

BHW84 wrote:

Great ! Iam in the boat to pull the trigger later on for some items that are expensive. I do not want to get fraudulent. After my complete own investigstion I am 50 % see them legit.

Please do post & attach :

Receipts
Emails
Conversations with them (Whatsapp# and/or Emails)
Any additional cost(s) they charge on checkout and/or delivery - since they mention the checkout price is the final total inclusive price.
Delivery updates with them
Packaging ( handling / product condition / etc)
Period to goods to deliver

Thank You

#47 April 20 2020

Tech Guru

BHW84 wrote:

By the way BHW84 , you are in new member here since stats show that you have recently joined the Lebgeeks community ,  17 April 2020. I skimmed through Introduction section,  No Intro mentioned from your side , as newly joined members usually do. I would be inrerested to know more about you as a Lebgeek fellow member .

I am not being suspecious. Nevetheless , the trustpilot thing , is a   redflag from people throwing feedbacks in an incredulous way.

#48 April 20 2020

Kareem

ivy wrote:

That's the whole thing isn't it? Knowing how they can accept the official rate is still a mystery. And it's not just them, shipped.io are also giving a rate of 2250 which is higher than 1500 but still beneath the market rate of 3000.

Shipped.io was charging 1800LL/USD then jumped to 2250LL/USD and they will certainly adjust the price. They also take fees.

I remember someone on this forum used their service when the rate was 2000LL. for something that was listed @ $100 USD give or take, they charge you 280,000LL including fees. I bet they charge you more than 350,000 LL nowadays.

But charging you less than the listing price is beyond me. Not even a good business for money laundering.

#49 April 20 2020

Tech Guru

Kareem wrote:
ivy wrote:

Shipped.io was charging 1800LL/USD then jumped to 2250LL/USD and they will certainly adjust the price. They also take fees.

I remember someone on this forum used their service when the rate was 2000LL. for something that was listed @ $100 USD give or take, they charge you 280,000LL including fees. I bet they charge you more than 350,000 LL nowadays.

But charging you less than the listing price is beyond me. Not even a good business for money laundering.

Yep , Shipped.io policy is 20 % lower than the real black market rate of USD to LBP. For example , now is 3200 (0.8) = 3040. Which seems fair to me.

I am communicating now with

Eve Concierge ( heyeve.com),  the only service that offers full cash on delivery policy & widest arrange of stores )

Iship.me using their " Buy for Me Service"

Both I didnot try at all , I will list a same Amazon product link & share then compare with Shipped.io , which I usually utilize the most due to their service reliability.

Ubuy & DesertCard are out of choices , no LBP payments & only online using a card.

#50 April 20 2020

ivy

ivy wrote:

Here's his watch that he posted on another sub, seems like they're legit. https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyWatch/co … _89_brand/

This guy had a comment posted about his experience and another thread he made somewhere completely different about his watch. Go through his profile and comments and you'll see he isn't some paid person. This is the strongest proof we have honestly.

Board footer