LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 16 2020

MoeMilord

Low latency tweaks anyone?

Hey guys!

I've been checking out the forums and I couldn't find a post talking about this specific subject.

I read online that buffer bloat can cause higher than usual latency due to traffic not being optimized or something of that sort. What i'd like to know if there's a slight very slim chance of optimising this from my end since they all say that it's an ISP problem and you can't do much about it. But my logic is, since you're getting a ton of traffic bloat toward my end and part of which is my requested route, shouldn't there be a way to block most of it and keep my the route I'm looking to pass through?

Another related question is, does buffer bloat actually increase you latency as some claim or not really?

Any suggestions to lower latency overall and keeping a good stable and healthy connection is more than appreciated! I'll travel to where you live and huge you and give you corona while at it

PS. basic and very known suggestions like using a cable connection instead of wireless etc is mmm come on... You can do better :3

Love you all! :*

#2 April 17 2020

rolf

Re: Low latency tweaks anyone?

What kind of connection do you have? What kind of latencies are you seeing and in which context?

Last edited by rolf (April 17 2020)

#3 April 17 2020

nuclearcat

Re: Low latency tweaks anyone?

MoeMilord wrote:

Hey guys!

I've been checking out the forums and I couldn't find a post talking about this specific subject.

I read online that buffer bloat can cause higher than usual latency due to traffic not being optimized or something of that sort. What i'd like to know if there's a slight very slim chance of optimising this from my end since they all say that it's an ISP problem and you can't do much about it. But my logic is, since you're getting a ton of traffic bloat toward my end and part of which is my requested route, shouldn't there be a way to block most of it and keep my the route I'm looking to pass through?

Another related question is, does buffer bloat actually increase you latency as some claim or not really?

Any suggestions to lower latency overall and keeping a good stable and healthy connection is more than appreciated! I'll travel to where you live and huge you and give you corona while at it

PS. basic and very known suggestions like using a cable connection instead of wireless etc is mmm come on... You can do better :3

Love you all! :*

Sometimes tricky tunnels (using ports of apps that require low latency) can allow you to bypass ISP QoS restrictions. But it needs lot of experience and tinkering.

Board footer