LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 March 26 2020

Dan28

Re: Paying with Lebanese cards online

NuclearVision wrote:
Dan28 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

what do you guys buy on amazon anyway, i never found a product i wanted that actually shipped to Lebanon, I bought a few books but thats it.

i order everything from amazon even the toothpaste.

Do you use a forwarder or do you live abroad?

i use easyshop and shipped.io, i know it costs double sometimes, but i cant find anything new in lebanon, 90% of the electronics here are outdated. laptops and tvs are from year 2017, plus the electronics here are made in india, philippines, and china.

lots of times you get a better deal if you order from amazon than buying from here, take for example the the bose qc35. its very popular headphones, i cant find any store selling it below 500$ even boselb, i got it from amazon for 200$ + 150$ shipping and customs.

Last edited by Dan28 (March 26 2020)

#77 March 27 2020

NuclearVision

Dan28 wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:
Dan28 wrote:

i order everything from amazon even the toothpaste.

Do you use a forwarder or do you live abroad?

i use easyshop and shipped.io, i know it costs double sometimes, but i cant find anything new in lebanon, 90% of the electronics here are outdated. laptops and tvs are from year 2017, plus the electronics here are made in india, philippines, and china.

lots of times you get a better deal if you order from amazon than buying from here, take for example the the bose qc35. its very popular headphones, i cant find any store selling it below 500$ even boselb, i got it from amazon for 200$ + 150$ shipping and customs.

Makes sense, I never did this, because customs can be so unpredictable.

#78 March 30 2020

m0ei

Can anyone confirm whether the LBP cards work on Amazon if the currency selected is LBP? I have USD only cards and I would like to know, if this works. They charge 1570 LL per USD which I'm okay with.

#79 March 30 2020

wollyka

m0ei wrote:

Can anyone confirm whether the LBP cards work on Amazon if the currency selected is LBP? I have USD only cards and I would like to know, if this works. They charge 1570 LL per USD which I'm okay with.

I tried one from Credit Libanais and it didn't work. it seems that CL LBP cards don't work for online international transactions. I don't know for  other banks

#80 April 10 2020

infiniteloop

Can we pay online in USD with pcandparts and Ayoub computers?
I have an esurf card

#81 April 10 2020

wollyka

Pcandparts no, cash only
No idea about Ayoub computers

#82 April 12 2020

Hamlock

infiniteloop wrote:

Can we pay online in USD with pcandparts and Ayoub computers?
I have an esurf card

I have an esurf too.
Too bad it's literally useless now cause nobody has USD. I wonder if they could somehow let me deposit LBP to it?

#83 April 12 2020

infiniteloop

These Lebanese online shops are either dumb or limited by the banks, but when doing this they push people to buy from US and European online shops, so throwing more $ outside Lebanon.
I have a small account in $ and don't want to see my couple of $ left going to a band of thieves called politicians, I rather buy something useful with it. Even a Xiaomi phone bought from aliexpress + customs will cost me less now because of the $ black market here, if you pas in $ they want to see actual cash and if in Lebanese it will cost x2 more, imagine a phone that cost 450$ will be 900$ and an s20+ 950$ will be 1900$!!

Last edited by infiniteloop (April 12 2020)

#84 April 12 2020

nosense

infiniteloop wrote:

These Lebanese online shops are either dumb or limited by the banks, but when doing this they push people to buy from US and European online shops, so throwing more $ outside Lebanon.
I have a small account in $ and don't want to see my couple of $ left going to a band of thieves called politicians, I rather buy something useful with it. Even a Xiaomi phone bought from aliexpress + customs will cost me less now because of the $ black market here, if you pas in $ they want to see actual cash and if in Lebanese it will cost x2 more, imagine a phone that cost 450$ will be 900$ and an s20+ 950$ will be 1900$!!

Yeah, right now I am buying everything from amazon, with shipping and customs it will actually cost less than buying here with cash.

#85 April 12 2020

new_user

Is there a limit of how much you can spend online with your blom mini card?
I purchased an item from aliexpress for 14.75$ 2 days ago and the payment worked fine
Then I tried to purchase an item for 20$ and  the payment was rejected.
I tried again today to purchase an item for 4$ and the payment was rejected too.
Shall I try again in a month? Or just forget about? The whole point of the minicard is to buy stuff online. Not being able to pay 20$ on aliexpress is absurd!

PS: the currency of the card is $

Last edited by new_user (April 12 2020)

#86 April 12 2020

wollyka

There are a daily, weekly and monthly limits. You can try next week

Last edited by wollyka (April 12 2020)

#87 April 12 2020

infiniteloop

Do you know a website where you can deposit money so you an buy something beyond the limit?
I mean adding let's say 100$ per week till you reach your target

#88 April 12 2020

Hamlock

infiniteloop wrote:

Do you know a website where you can deposit money so you an buy something beyond the limit?
I mean adding let's say 100$ per week till you reach your target

Lebanon doesn't have that at all as far as I know. Best you can do is Amazon Gift cards, but of course you'll be limited to buying stuff on Amazon, not sure if it works with things like shipped.io
https://www.amazon.com/gift-cards/b?ie= … 2238192011

#89 April 13 2020

xazbrat

new_user wrote:

Is there a limit of how much u can spend online with your blom mini card?
I purchased an item from aliexpress for 14.75$ 2 days ago and the payment worked fine
I tried again today to purchase an item for 4$ and the payment was rejected too.
Shall I try again in a month? Or just forget about? The whole point of the minicard is to buy stuff online. Not being able to pay 20$ on aliexpress is absurd!

Someone mentioned that the monthly limit is $15 on the mini card.  I had similar issues last month.  I hope that is wrong though.

#90 April 13 2020

new_user

xazbrat wrote:

Someone mentioned that the monthly limit is $15 on the mini card.  I had similar issues last month.  I hope that is wrong though.

Is there a way to find out for sure? I have made a lot of trials and ended up cancelling a lot of orders on aliexpress due to payment failure. Im afraid if I cancel more orders they will flag my account. So I would prefer being sure that I can make a payment before trying to buy something.

#91 April 13 2020

xazbrat

new_user wrote:
xazbrat wrote:

Is there a way to find out for sure? I have made a lot of trials and ended up cancelling a lot of orders on aliexpress due to payment failure. Im afraid if I cancel more orders they will flag my account. So I would prefer being sure that I can make a payment before trying to buy something.

Try calling them a few times and see if you get a consistent answer.  I was told by someone at the bank that the cards weren't going to be accepted any more, and then they were, and then they weren't.  I was also told that the mini card will work only for domestic transactions and couldn't pay my ogero bill with it.  I am clueless as to what is going on and have a feeling they are too.I

#92 April 14 2020

arached

new_user wrote:

Is there a limit of how much you can spend online with your blom mini card?

well i have about 500$ stuck in my card and can't do anything with them. i've tried to find some online wallet for months to deposit my money in them but good luck finding one that work with a Lebanese card. And now due do the restriction i won't be able for sure to use all the amount before the expiration date so if anyone have what could be the best solution to withdraw my money it would be great to hear your advices

#93 April 14 2020

wollyka

Limit your losses. Call the bank and see if you can benefit from the BDL circular if you have less than 3000$ with that bank  (close your account and take the 500$ in Lira at 2600 rate).

Last edited by wollyka (April 14 2020)

#94 April 15 2020

TheIlluminative

I have an international card so if you want to buy anything in $$, whatever the amount, I can buy it for you and you give me the same amount in cash (no fees).

#95 April 15 2020

NuclearVision

wollyka wrote:

Limit your losses. Call the bank and see if you can benefit from the BDL circular if you have less than 3000$ with that bank  (close your account and take the 500$ in Lira at 2600 rate).

I would like to know the answer for this as well, i have a hunred 100$ in my card and not feeling like parting with itEidt: As i said earlier the limit is 15$ per month international

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 15 2020)

#96 April 16 2020

arached

wollyka wrote:

I've contacted Blom to see what the best option to withdraw my money from the minicard, according to the supp there's no limit for local purchase so the best option is purchasing locally using the card. I don't know how much this is true but currently this the best option alongside benefiting from the BDL circular

#97 April 16 2020

NuclearVision

How is purchasing locally the best option? Your dollars will be valued at 1500. Unless there still are local merchants who accept usd payments that I'm unaware of.

#98 April 16 2020

arached

NuclearVision wrote:

How is purchasing locally the best option? Your dollars will be valued at 1500. Unless there still are local merchants who accept usd payments that I'm unaware of.

at the moment there's no better options. Buying internationally have a huge limit so you barely could use your money. So exchanging it at 1507 is better than loosing it. Your best option is to wait as much as you can before the card expiration date maybe better solutions would come up, if not than withdraw your money or use it locally at what ever rate they'll give you

#99 April 16 2020

Adnan

I am in the same situation with the mini card (but I have like 25$ so no big deal, but I deserve it more than the bank). It expires in June so I'm waiting.

#100 April 16 2020

NuclearVision

Can't we benefit from the bdl circular thing? 2600 better than 1500.
Remember that it has the circular has a 3 months validity

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 16 2020)

Board footer