LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 March 29 2020

VincentKeyboard

Re: Self-Quarantine: How are you managing in Lebanon?

kareem_nasser wrote:

I personally am a runner but always used to do home workouts, so nothing changed. If you wish send me a PM your location as i might be able to ask around fellow runners in the community if they live in a similar or close area how are they managing. Generally they advised to either do their runs very early or very late. But do take into consideration that you might be fined especially if you are not alone.

Achrafieh. Not far from Byblos bank Geitawi.

#77 March 31 2020

kareem_nasser

VincentKeyboard wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

I personally am a runner but always used to do home workouts, so nothing changed. If you wish send me a PM your location as i might be able to ask around fellow runners in the community if they live in a similar or close area how are they managing. Generally they advised to either do their runs very early or very late. But do take into consideration that you might be fined especially if you are not alone.

Jog around the area if you are able early morning, most of my colleagues are having issues once they hit main roads they are told to go to a parallel street. Of course they are running alone so only individuals.

If a police officer sees you especially in your jog outfit they will just give you an advice, and as i said before just do it within the streets between ashrafieh and Gemmayzeh and avoid main streets.

#78 April 5 2020

kareem_nasser

kareem_nasser wrote:
VincentKeyboard wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

Jog around the area if you are able early morning, most of my colleagues are having issues once they hit main roads they are told to go to a parallel street. Of course they are running alone so only individuals.

If a police officer sees you especially in your jog outfit they will just give you an advice, and as i said before just do it within the streets between ashrafieh and Gemmayzeh and avoid main streets.

UPDATE: a friend running in Hamra was caught in Bliss street by a municipality employee and warned he would fine him.

#79 April 5 2020

Tech Guru

This is the new circulation today by the Ministry of Interior to limit the cars movement on the streets and indirectly force more people to home quarantine.

IMG-20200405-WA0036.jpg
IMG-20200405-WA0037.jpg

#80 April 5 2020

Tech Guru

I advice all to do home sports ( Increase the overall fitness / power and muscles density) ,  have a strong wooden stick and/or a handgun (9mm is good), and install some surveillance cameras at least one PTZ Camera on the main door linked to an NVR / DVR with a HDD  . Theft rate in form armed robbery has been steadily increasing at roads ( public areas) ,  cars  ,  supermarkets ,  pharmacies ,  and homes.

Quick Example:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ … 0266678417

Reasons :

Severly Degrading Economic conditions ( from last Setptember and on),  inflation, capital control,  lose of purchasing power  , more then 50%  losing their jobs or half salary paid. 

Corona outbreak escalted things further due to home quarantine since the govenment can not cover people up and help them to stay. Simply a 30 years robbed country.

Point:

Be Your Own Protection in a Jungle Way rules.

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 5 2020)

#81 April 6 2020

xazbrat

Ok, don't have much confidence in this period ending anytime soon, so started working out like I need to.  I spent 15 minutes on moderate jump rope and did a WOD Blackjack, which consists of 20 pushups, 1 sit up, 19 push ups 2 sit ups, etc until I end with 20 situps and 1 pushup.  Way out of shape, took me 25 minutes to do this.  I will be looking to improve my time on this.  Been about a month since I set food in the gym--need to do more to maintain my fitness level.

Still wish I had room for a good pull up bar though---that's better than 90% of body weight exercises.

#82 April 6 2020

VincentKeyboard

Dear diary,
Day 18 of quarantine and supplies of toilet paper are running low.

Jokes aside, this is horrible.

Last edited by VincentKeyboard (April 6 2020)

#83 April 7 2020

kareem_nasser

xazbrat wrote:

Ok, don't have much confidence in this period ending anytime soon, so started working out like I need to.  I spent 15 minutes on moderate jump rope and did a WOD Blackjack, which consists of 20 pushups, 1 sit up, 19 push ups 2 sit ups, etc until I end with 20 situps and 1 pushup.  Way out of shape, took me 25 minutes to do this.  I will be looking to improve my time on this.  Been about a month since I set food in the gym--need to do more to maintain my fitness level.

Still wish I had room for a good pull up bar though---that's better than 90% of body weight exercises.

I shared earlier in the thread a good home workout, a bit intensive and not a full on HIIT.

Board footer