LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 24 2020

Bahij.M

Computer Table

Hey guys, i hope everyone is doing great and staying safe!
I know this question was probably asked a million times, but I need some recommendations for a new computer table, I read that some of the geeks here bought customized tables from some local carpenter, if anyone knows a good one and can provide me his number/location I would be grateful!
Also I am open for any other recommendations. Thanks.

Last edited by Bahij.M (March 24 2020)

#2 March 24 2020

Tech Guru

Re: Computer Table

Bahij.M wrote:

I know this question was probably asked a million times, but I need some recommendations for a new computer table, I read that some of the geeks here bought customized tables from some local carpenter, if anyone knows a good one and can provide me his number/location I would be grateful!

Yep Sure , I could  recommend you to a graphic designer who will handle that for you table needs dimesnions,  ,  wood type ,  cable management needs, and paint type/color. Only provide me with you max budget ( in USD or current 2500 LBP market rate) since sadly all things need to be bought from suppliers that sell at the current market rate.

#3 March 24 2020

Bahij.M

Hey man, I am not really sure about the budget since i don't know how much tables cost, so if you can share your experience, that would be awesome! Like how much did your table cost and if you can provide some photos if possible, thanks.

#4 March 25 2020

Tech Guru

https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19047

This is the thread I recently  created for the Table Mate , it costed me ~ 1,100,000 LBP (  with current Inflation Rate of LBP to USD) , a special price to me is given since who created the table me with my design in a member at my FB Group ( 3.3K + Members of PC Gamers in Lebanon). If you interested I can voice him you name for a special treatment too.

#5 March 25 2020

Kareem

Bahij.M wrote:

Funny that you brought this up. I've been looking lately online for a computer desk but I can't find any L shape contemporary design.

I'm leaning towards a minimalistic glossy white one that doesn't really look like a working desk.

Once you have in mind the desired design, it won't be difficult or expensive to make it.  Do you ?

#6 March 25 2020

Bahij.M

Wow this table is pretty dope, i probably need something similar, if you can tell him and provide me with his number i would really appreciate it!

#7 March 25 2020

Bahij.M

Kareem wrote:
Bahij.M wrote:

Funny that you brought this up. I've been looking lately online for a computer desk but I can't find any L shape contemporary design.

I'm leaning towards a minimalistic glossy white one that doesn't really look like a working desk.

Once you have in mind the desired design, it won't be difficult or expensive to make it.  Do you ?

Definitely, but the problem is i don’t really have anything in mind, i always see nice tables on youtube tech reviewers like linus and such but I have no idea where do they buy such tables.

#8 March 25 2020

Kareem

Bahij.M wrote:
Kareem wrote:
Bahij.M wrote:

Definitely, but the problem is i don’t really have anything in mind, i always see nice tables on youtube tech reviewers like linus and such but I have no idea where do they buy such tables.

OK now I'm definitely sure we're in the same bot as I took a screenshot of his desk last week ( episode where he upgrades his 4 year old rig ) and trying to find something similar.

I'm dying to know what was his secret sauce for transporting TB3 over 100 ft.

I haven't decided which color yet as the bedroom is not furnished.

c7531140a67b5881f20d4f824ddfbfdb.png

#9 March 25 2020

beezer

Look at pictures online and then work from there. Check measurements and see what works for your specific needs.

I recently got some carpentry work done, the carpenter charged me the total in USD but split it as 50% USD and 50% @1500LBP.

#10 March 25 2020

dsoftware.king

I know a carpenter if any of you is interested, he is one of the best around

#11 March 26 2020

Tech Guru

Bahij.M wrote:

Wow this table is pretty dope, i probably need something similar, if you can tell him and provide me with his number i would really appreciate it!

I will PM my mobile #.

#12 March 26 2020

xazbrat

Wasn't this one they bought from IKEA and made some modifications---I think he made a hidden area for wireless charging, etc.  If it is what I am thinking of, just find it in an IKEA catalog and get the dimensions and then whatever mods you need for cable management etc.

#13 March 26 2020

Tech Guru

Kareem wrote:
Bahij.M wrote:
Kareem wrote:

OK now I'm definitely sure we're in the same bot as I took a screenshot of his desk last week ( episode where he upgrades his 4 year old rig ) and trying to find something similar.

I'm dying to know what was his secret sauce for transporting TB3 over 100 ft.

I haven't decided which color yet as the bedroom is not furnished.

https://i.gyazo.com/c7531140a67b5881f20 … dfbfdb.png

Basically I followed an

IKEA Design with Glossy White Finish with Length Of all Table : 1.8 meters , Width Of Table From Wall towards the  chair 70 Cm and the Height is 77.5 (standard for gaming).

Added my touches for cable management & hide a big 2000VA / 1600W On-Line UPS.

Recommended to some High Resolution Renders to see the final 3D module with its textures before final fabrications.

Last edited by Tech Guru (March 26 2020)

Board footer