LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1301 January 2 2020

anayman_k7

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

I am not sure you can pay the amount for them using any USD card, my Internet card from Audi is limited for 80$ per month, you need to check with your bank but all the limits applied are low

#1302 January 2 2020

infiniteloop

eSurf I think we can up to 500$ per week
It's bidden to my $ account, as I can't withdraw $ unless I go into 3 hours wait for only 100-200$, I prefer buying online in that case

#1303 January 6 2020

wollyka

anayman_k7 wrote:

I am not sure you can pay the amount for them using any USD card, my Internet card from Audi is limited for 80$ per month, you need to check with your bank but all the limits applied are low

Which card do you have? Embark?

#1304 January 6 2020

anayman_k7

wollyka wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

yes Embark

#1305 January 6 2020

wollyka

anayman_k7 wrote:
wollyka wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

yes Embark

Weird why 80$ per month? they told me 200$ last month?? (even though i don't have any big amount at their bank)

#1306 January 10 2020

Metalloy

is shipping via EMS on Aliexpress a good idea or will the item be subject to customs and whatnot?

#1307 January 10 2020

infiniteloop

As long as it's not a smartphone you are good

#1308 January 25 2020

purpleradish

Hi all,

I have ordered a reverse camera for my car for about USD150 from Aliexpress and chose Aliexpress Standard shipping.

According to tracking information, the reverse camera has arrived in Lebanon and was handed to customs for clearance this morning. But it also says "Held by customs, please contact customs or the seller."

So what does it really mean? Will the customs ask me to pay duty? And how do I even contact the customs about this particular parcel?! Your advice will be appreciated!

Last edited by purpleradish (January 25 2020)

#1309 January 25 2020

NuclearVision

Not really, aliexpress tracking is not accurate, use libanpost.com
Your camera is being scanned by customs and should be released within a week.
Just follow up on libanpost website and if you have to pay anything they will mention ut

#1310 January 25 2020

infiniteloop

Yep customs timing is random, it can take 48h or 2 weeks

#1311 January 25 2020

xazbrat

purpleradish wrote:

Hi all,

I have ordered a reverse camera for my car for about USD150 from Aliexpress and chose Aliexpress Standard shipping.

According to tracking information, the reverse camera has arrived in Lebanon and was handed to customs for clearance this morning. But it also says "Held by customs, please contact customs or the seller."

So what does it really mean? Will the customs ask me to pay duty? And how do I even contact the customs about this particular parcel?! Your advice will be appreciated!

Refresh the page and it will change.   Just happened to me also lol.

One week to ship from China and 10 days at customs.  Welcome to Lebanon. smh

#1312 February 23 2020

NuclearVision

Guys, a seller wants to ship a product to me via TNT post.
Is that like normal china post (airmail) or is it like dhl with recurring fees and other costs?

#1313 February 23 2020

TheIlluminative

TNT is owned by FedEx - I don't think you will pay unless he pays and the item is not expensive.

#1314 March 2 2020

infiniteloop

Is it me or Lebanese customs are slowing down AE stuff on purpose because they are afraid of corona?
I have 2 cables stucked with them for 10 days, it never took so much time before

#1315 March 11 2020

aiajouz

hi guys,

i have order the Mi 9t from Banggood.  any previous experience with Banggood and the estimated shipping time, also what should i expect to pay when the item arrives.

Thanks

#1316 March 11 2020

boudz

aiajouz wrote:

hi guys,

i have order the Mi 9t from Banggood.  any previous experience with Banggood and the estimated shipping time, also what should i expect to pay when the item arrives.

Thanks

bangood is like aliexpress the most important thing is the seller that you are dealing with
and it will come in like 1 month or more
and you must pay jemrok when it arrives
can i ask a question how did you buy it by internet debit card? or else

#1317 March 11 2020

aiajouz

boudz wrote:
aiajouz wrote:

hi guys,

Thanks

bangood is like aliexpress the most important thing is the seller that you are dealing with

thanks for the reply, i orderd feb 26, when i had international limit on my card, as of 1 march the limit was removed.
regarding the jomrok, do you mean the tax related to IMEI with the 60 day grace period, or something else.

#1318 March 11 2020

NuclearVision

aiajouz wrote:
boudz wrote:
aiajouz wrote:

hi guys,

Thanks

thanks for the reply, i orderd feb 26, when i had international limit on my card, as of 1 march the limit was removed.
regarding the jomrok, do you mean the tax related to IMEI with the 60 day grace period, or something else.

You mean that you didnt have a limit in february. right?

#1319 March 11 2020

aiajouz

NuclearVision wrote:
aiajouz wrote:
boudz wrote:

You mean that you didnt have a limit in february. right?

i had limit in feb right till the last day in the month.  starting march i have a limit of 10 dollars :)

#1320 March 23 2020

infiniteloop

Are AE packages still coming to Lebanon or they stopped postal planes too?

#1321 March 23 2020

beezer

I ordered some things yesterday and they put a 7 day timer on shipping from China end due to demand.

However last week I ordered and things shipped so just have to wait and see now. Is Liban Post even operating?

#1322 March 24 2020

NuclearVision

Last week they delivered some stuff.
Not sure about this week though, I really hope they don't for the safety of the postmen really.

#1323 March 25 2020

infiniteloop

Aliexpress anniversary is in 2 days, I will buy something and see what will happen
They say airport will open next week
Don't forget to clean the package with alcohol before opening it, though they say the virus can stay max 4 days on plastic and metal, the danger is not from China but Beirut airport customs

#1324 April 8 2020

infiniteloop

I ordered 2 items , they left country of origin, I hope they will arrive here.

Anyway, I was trying to order a battery for my Nikon camera, they are saying that it can't be delivered to Lebanon because it's a Li-on battery, though they can with any European country, but I have found a pack charger + battery for just 15$ more that can be delivered to Lebanon!
How come they can't send a plain battery but they can do it for the same battery + charger?

#1325 April 16 2020

xAzarian

Im planning to buy PC parts from Aliexpress,  is it a good idea to buy right now considering how the shipment will be conducted and whether I will actually receive it in lebanon?

Board footer