LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3751 March 15 2020

Tech Guru

Re: Feedback for Ogero

#Ogero Started Rolling Out the 2x Speed 2X Quota from a  while.

Effective until end of April. (Possibility to Expand depending if the Corona Crises escalated more)

Check It Out.

#3752 March 15 2020

Xsever

Tech Guru wrote:

#Ogero Started Rolling Out the 2x Speed 2X Quota from a  while.

Effective until end of April. (Possibility to Expand depending if the Corona Crises escalated more)

Check It Out.

Yeah, capacity doubled and they are thanked for that. Since I am on Open Speed already, it stayed the same.

#3753 March 16 2020

AhmadK

Hello guys my internet connection is getting a lot of packet loss high ping and slowness lately (last 2 weeks) between 1:00 pm to 12:00am
I am a subscriber of Sodetel . Tech supp told me the usual your line is clean and there is a problem locally but my friends on other ISPs have no such problems (I ping tested my self on their connections). So I'm thinking of switching to Ogero and asking them to turn off interleaving (i read here that it lowers ping) i am 1300 Meters far from the (central) if any one can provide guidance I would be most grateful.

#3754 March 16 2020

wollyka

Well we are facing the same issue on other private ISPs sometimes especially the last few weeks due to more people staying at home.
Private ISPs are also slowing/throttling connections and re-routing them to slower routers an that is increasing latency and make gaming online impossible.
The situation will get worse now with the coronavirus outbreak and the lack of dollars to pay for international traffic.
Ogero is still unaffected it seems till now, so i think you can try and switch. However, they are close so don't expect that they will switch you anytime soon

#3755 March 16 2020

xazbrat

I got my increase in speed today.  I was on 4mb unlimited, now I am hovering between 5.5 to 6 mb, however, the line is not as stable at this speed.  Luckily, since the lock-down, the lack of schools and people going out has reduced the elevator use so it is bearable at the moment.  I did notice that they reduced my upload speed to 75 kB/s from 1 mb though.  At this time, its my only complaint.

#3756 March 16 2020

xazbrat

I got my increase in speed today.  I was on 4mb unlimited, now I am hovering between 5.5 to 6 mb, however, the line is not as stable at this speed.  Luckily, since the lock-down, the lack of schools and people going out has reduced the elevator use so it is bearable at the moment.  I did notice that they reduced my upload speed to 75 kB/s from 1 mb though.  At this time, its my only complaint.

#3757 March 17 2020

arached

anyone else subscribed to ogero hazmieh central having high latency and very low download speed? I can't game online neither to download anything through out  the whole day even late at night.

#3758 March 17 2020

breathino2

arached wrote:

anyone else subscribed to ogero hazmieh central having high latency and very low download speed? I can't game online neither to download anything through out  the whole day even late at night.

We have been facing high latency and low speed for 10 days,

i can't play online , there is a high jitter

#3759 March 18 2020

wollyka

Ogero posted this :
لقد  تبين اثر التدقيق أن هناك بطء في الخدمة يحصل بشكل خاص خلال فترات الليل  لدى مقدم الخدمات الخارجي  (level 3 ) ويتاثر به جزء من المشتركين. فبادرنا إلى التواصل معه فوراً وعليه باشر بدوره في الإصلاح.

#3760 March 18 2020

DG

Is anyone getting sometimes disconnected from the Internet (only Internet led goes off) for a period of about 1 minute before coming back on ?

#3761 March 18 2020

LifeEngineer

DG wrote:

Is anyone getting sometimes disconnected from the Internet (only Internet led goes off) for a period of about 1 minute before coming back on ?

Yup, same here. Jounieh area.

#3762 March 19 2020

DG

Still getting randomly disconnected from the Internet for a minute or two here. I wonder if this is related to the problem/repairs mentioned by Ogero on their twitter page.

#3763 March 19 2020

maulader

yeah, i've been getting disconnected at random times for the last couple of days and a lot of packet loss making it quite hard to game online. Today has been the most stable day however thus far, hopefully it stays the same.

#3764 March 19 2020

HellBz

DG wrote:

Still getting randomly disconnected from the Internet for a minute or two here. I wonder if this is related to the problem/repairs mentioned by Ogero on their twitter page.

same dekwaneh. However I use TerraNet

Last edited by HellBz (March 19 2020)

#3765 March 24 2020

AVOlio

So, about that electrician that some people here hired to wire a new cable from the box of the building to their home.

Can anyone share a number and a cost of the labor?

Ogero technician came in today, checked the speed of the box under our building.
My line down stairs reached 40mpbs download and 10mbps upload.
But in the house I'm reaching max 25mbps and 5mbps.
Im not having any problems with disconnections or whatnot, it's just the speed.

So can anyone send me the number of an electrician that they already used to send a new cable from box to house.

Thank you.

#3766 March 24 2020

wollyka

How far are you from the Centrale? and which floor are you (how far are you from the box downstairs?) and is the box new or is the old type with messy wires all over the place?
You need to buy a Cat6 cable, Cat6 has 4 pair of wires inside, and you only use 1 pair (2 wires - use the ones i the middle to reduce the EMF)
In order to connect it directly to your modem, you need to buy RJ11 connectors and a crimping tool and let someone do it for you.
However, in our building, there is a box on every floor which has all the wires (electricity, phones etc..), i connected the CAT6 directly to the phone box downstairs (which is very old with messy wires) to the "box" in the floor, just cut the cables and use scotch electrical tape. Doing that, i can use my normal phone jack in the walls in the apartment.Speeds increased from 14-16 to 25-30 Mbps.
I know it is an elegant solution but our building is 50+ years old and the wires are messy.

#3767 March 24 2020

AVOlio

I am maybe 600-700m away from the central. (cable distance unfortunately )
But I am about 300m away in real distance.

I am on the second floor.
It is the old box with messed up wires.
I think that there is also a box in every floor like yours.
But what you did, couldn't there be a chance that the cables within the walls of our house are themselves also bad and adding to the problem?
So the best solution would be directly connecting box downstairs to modem.

Anyway I'm going down now to try and connect the modem directly to the box downstairs.

#3768 March 24 2020

wollyka

Then you should get more speed for sure. I am 700m away in real distance from the central so like the Ogero technician said you should have around 25 Mbps on adsl2+ and around 40 Mbps on VDSL2.

As for the cable, True, but years ago the we changed the internal wires with cat5e (Unfortunately not cat6, don't ask me why the electrician did it even though we told him use cat6! ), so in my case, the internal wires in the house are 99% not the cause of any interference.

#3769 March 24 2020

AVOlio

Ah so the inner cables of your house are cat5, that settles it then.

The cables in my house are surely old copper cables that have never been changed since the building was constructed around 50-69 years ago.

So my only solution would be a cat6 straight from the Ogero box to the house. (I figure it won't be such a hassle since I live on the second floor).
Also I will share an image of what the technician told me to do.
Kindly share your thoughts about it
received-506988996847322.jpg

Basically he suggested to hook the modem on the main cable right before the filter and not on the filter.

Anyway I went down and took the router with me.
I hooked the router directly to the ogero box cables and the max attainable speed on my router jumped from 26mbps to 35mbps and upload jumped from 5 to almost 10.
But weirdly I tried speedtesting down there, the speed was almost identical to before.
The only thing that changed was the max attainable rate on the router.
I will also share images of the difference.

Screenshot-20200324-122042-01.jpg Screenshot-20200324-132430-01.jpg

I think I'm confident enough now to do it on my own.
So what do I need to move forward with this little project?

#3770 March 24 2020

wollyka

In the pictures above, your current rate is 33 Mbps and the max is 35 Mbps. Of course, the speed will jump at night after 8 pm (if it is like my case).
The only difference is that my modem is linked to the ADSL part of the filter and not before it since i only have one socket in the house for both the modem and the telephone.I tested it without any telephone and with the modem connected directly without any filter and in my situation i had the same speed and SNR.

You need Cat6 cable (preferably a good brand like 3M), a RJ11 connector to connect the end of the cable to your modem, some electrical scotch tape and a crimping tool to attach the RJ11 connector to the cable (or if you know a telephone/computer shop nearby they can do that for you, that's how i did it, i took the cable after measuring and cutting it to the shop and they did it without buying a crimping tool)

Last edited by wollyka (March 24 2020)

#3771 March 24 2020

AVOlio

wollyka wrote:

In the pictures above, your current rate is 33 Mbps and the max is 35 Mbps. Of course, the speed will jump at night after 8 pm (if it is like my case).
The only difference is that my modem is linked to the ADSL part of the filter and not before it since i only have one socket in the house for both the modem and the telephone.I tested it without any telephone and with the modem connected directly without any filter and in my situation i had the same speed and SNR.

You need Cat6 cable (preferably a good brand like 3M), a RJ11 connector to connect the end of the cable to your modem, some electrical scotch tape and a crimping tool to attach the RJ11 connector to the cable (or if you know a telephone/computer shop nearby they can do that for you, that's how i did it, i took the cable after measuring and cutting it to the shop and they did it without buying a crimping tool)

I can borrow a crimping tool it's not a problem.

The drawing that I shared is not the mapping of my network now.
It's what the technician suggested I do if I wanted to directly connect my modem to the ogero box.
He told me to connect the modem outside of the filter/phone combo in case I decide to go for the direct new cable.

In my networking map now, I have a phone connected to the phone side of the filter in one socket and the modem connected to the adsl side of another filter in another socket.

I am currently searching for FTP cat6 cable and I'm beginning to think it's hard to find.

#3772 March 24 2020

wollyka

Well, i bought UTP Cat6. It works just fine in my case.
CAT6 STP is expensive. I found one FTP at EKT (katrinji) when i was searching but it was 305 meters long and very expensive and i only needed around 75m.

https://www.ekt2.com/Item/CABLE-CAT6-FTP-305M-DINTEK

Try calling them or Whatsapping them, maybe they have now other types and brands

Last edited by wollyka (March 24 2020)

#3773 March 24 2020

Ahmad Toutounji

Is vdsl port open to everyone on ogero?

#3774 March 24 2020

wollyka

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Is vdsl port open to everyone on ogero?

Depends on the Central.

#3775 March 24 2020