LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 March 10 2020

masrour

Re: Errors and DC issues. Any electrician recommendation?

anyone solved elevator issues ?

#27 March 10 2020

duke-of-bytes

You need to take power from outside the building grid..i use a separate dc power for my phone line that i passed outside the regular cable walkway

#28 March 11 2020

masrour

duke-of-bytes wrote:

You need to take power from outside the building grid..i use a separate dc power for my phone line that i passed outside the regular cable walkway

you mean take all telephone cable from outside ?

#29 March 12 2020

xazbrat

masrour wrote:
duke-of-bytes wrote:

you mean take all telephone cable from outside ?

It doesn't solve the problem, but it does help a lot.  You will still get a deterioration in your signal when the elevator is running, but less pronounced.  The ultimate way to fix it is to ground the elevator and to do it after the fact is expensive or to move the phone room from te electric roam which Ogero doesn't like doing.

#30 March 24 2020

AVOlio

leblinux wrote:

The thing is I took today the router and went straight down to the post inside the building electrical room, hooked it on my line directly and monitored SNR as we pressed the elevator and still it affects SNR, I think the whole building is affected with EMF!
Depressing...

Hey
Can you guide me through how can I do that?
How can I connect the router to the box down the building.
I found out which are my cables down, but how do I connect it to the router?
I don't really know much about networking and wiring, do you still happen to have that contraption of a cable you made to connect it?

Board footer