LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 March 9 2020

RandomMemory

Re: Terra Net - WDSL

12mbps is pretty low for that super expensive price. but the stability is very very tempting

#27 March 10 2020

Ya like jazz

Welp, today we had decent amount of fog, 10m visible, and the connection was low at 0.4mbps for an hour...
Guess I'll bond my unstable ADSL and WDSL using MP-TCP over a VPS. Standard load balancer/failover switches suck, same with multiwan, they only work with parallel streams, and does not improve single tcp and voip etc, if one connection disconnects the entire network is interrupted for a second or so.

Last edited by Ya like jazz (March 10 2020)

#28 March 10 2020

RandomMemory

you're gonna have varying success with that and the round trip is gonna be a killer...

#29 March 10 2020

Ya like jazz

RandomMemory wrote:

you're gonna have varying success with that and the round trip is gonna be a killer...

Can you elaborate please? I've had hard time making it fail with Openmptcp in virtual machines with pl loss and latency simulation using clumsy, results blew me away. (unrealistic exaggerated worst case +15ms while literally unplugging and re plugging the connector as fast as possible - after the subflow is recreated)
I think this deserves a dedicated post.

Last edited by Ya like jazz (March 10 2020)

#30 March 10 2020

RandomMemory

I've had issues making it work before over 2 ISPs and I had to go with load balancing and just accepting the fact that I have to live with combined speeds on multistream. Please make a dedicated post with the results.

#31 March 11 2020

Ya like jazz

RandomMemory wrote:

I've had issues making it work before over 2 ISPs and I had to go with load balancing and just accepting the fact that I have to live with combined speeds on multistream. Please make a dedicated post with the results.

Sure but I think everyone is curious to know how you tried to make it work with bonding, there are MANY ways.

Last edited by Ya like jazz (March 11 2020)

#32 March 12 2020

elserge82

Ya like jazz wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Sure but I think everyone is curious to know how you tried to make it work with bonding, there are MANY ways.

He said load balancing not bonding . If interested I have a load balancer for a reasonable price. ( 1 time fee)

And a friend of mine is offering bonding services to companies. ( monthly or yearly payments)

#33 March 12 2020

Ya like jazz

elserge82 wrote:
Ya like jazz wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

He said load balancing not bonding . If interested I have a load balancer for a reasonable price. ( 1 time fee)

And a friend of mine is offering bonding services to companies. ( monthly or yearly payments)

"you're gonna have varying success with that and the round trip is gonna be a killer..."
"I've had issues making it work before over 2 ISPs"

#34 March 13 2020

elserge82

Ya like jazz wrote:
elserge82 wrote:
Ya like jazz wrote:

"you're gonna have varying success with that and the round trip is gonna be a killer..."

I'm using it with 3 ISP sources and very happy with the output. I don't feel the load unless 2 lines goes down. And as mentioned earlier acestream and torrents are combined. check reviews on this one TL-R470T+

#35 March 13 2020

Ya like jazz

elserge82 wrote:
Ya like jazz wrote:
elserge82 wrote:

I'm using it with 3 ISP sources and very happy with the output. I don't feel the load unless 2 lines goes down. And as mentioned earlier acestream and torrents are combined. check reviews on this one TL-R470T+

??? Very misleading info, what happens if you have one of the lines slow or intermittent and your downloading a single stream file? What happens when the main gets disconnected while gaming or VoIP? That's not how a load balancer is used for, probably as a backup for failure but not intermittent disconnections, it works for you but it doesn't work for me, I need a stable connection like a regular internet not specifics like torrents and multi-stream formats which are the minority, would still go with a balancer if I had two stable and fast connection and need redundancy, but as you see that's way off topic and I'm not sure what started this subject. Consistency not speed, Conditions: ADSL resyncing every 15 mins, WDSL in foggy and heavy rain speed decrease. I'll stop replying further and start a new thread.

Last edited by Ya like jazz (March 13 2020)

#36 March 13 2020

TheIlluminative

So if you have 10M an in foggy and rain, how much decrease you get? to 8 or 9? Or even lower than that?

#37 March 13 2020

Ya like jazz

TheIlluminative wrote:

So if you have 10M an in foggy and rain, how much decrease you get? to 8 or 9? Or even lower than that?

I think it was 1mbps, sometimes 0.4mbps for few hours, I was using Teamviewer for a client and it was a mess, had to pay for data, this happens frequently in the mountains unfortunately.
To add, latency was 100ms to google instead of the usual 50ms, kinda impressive considering the major speed decrease.

Last edited by Ya like jazz (March 13 2020)

#38 March 13 2020

elserge82

Ya like jazz wrote:
elserge82 wrote:
Ya like jazz wrote:

??? Very misleading info, what happens if you have one of the lines slow or intermittent and your downloading a single stream file? What happens when the main gets disconnected while gaming or VoIP? That's not how a load balancer is used for, probably as a backup for failure but not intermittent disconnections, it works for you but it doesn't work for me, I need a stable connection like a regular internet not specifics like torrents and multi-stream formats which are the minority, would still go with a balancer if I had two stable and fast connection and need redundancy, but as you see that's way off topic and I'm not sure what started this subject. Consistency not speed, Conditions: ADSL resyncing every 15 mins, WDSL in foggy and heavy rain speed decrease. I'll stop replying further and start a new thread.

Thank you for your disrespectful reply.  I was going to offer you a test trial since my lb is used and I have nothing to lose. Anyways , if you have a bad LB or you have miss-configured it that;s your problem good luck with it. I;m out.

#39 March 14 2020

TheIlluminative

Ya like jazz wrote:
TheIlluminative wrote:

I think it was 1mbps, sometimes 0.4mbps for few hours, I was using Teamviewer for a client and it was a mess, had to pay for data, this happens frequently in the mountains unfortunately.
To add, latency was 100ms to google instead of the usual 50ms, kinda impressive considering the major speed decrease.

Do you mean it goes down by 1 and 0.4 or it goes down till 1? If you lose 1 or 0.4 it's OK, but to lose all the way to 1 it's disaster..

#40 March 19 2020

jsaade

is this working?
are you guys getting promised bandwidth with current usage and weather?

#41 November 23 2020

RandomMemory

Does anyone know if terranet WDSL has cache that goes beyond 12mbps on the 12mbps account (for things like bnet and steam and youtube)

#42 November 23 2020

Beta0

No, although the speed gets to 30mb few hours before the end date of the bill. Usually 6 PM.

#43 November 23 2020

RandomMemory

Can you give me a summary of the connection and your experience with it and did you push it to the limits?

#44 November 23 2020

nosense

what are their plans and cost ? I can’t find anything on their website

#45 November 23 2020

TheIlluminative

nosense wrote:

what are their plans and cost ? I can’t find anything on their website

200$ for microwave device + installation

monthly fees:
2M unlimited = 50$ + VAT
4M unlimited = 80$ + VAT
6M unlimited = 110$ + VAT
10M unlimited = 140$ + VAT
12M unlimited = 180$ + VAT

Someone posted this in the first page.

#46 November 23 2020

RandomMemory

There is a new plan that is 20mbps but your application needs approval for that and I know they are not giving that plan to anyone anymore right now.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 23 2020)

#47 November 23 2020

bobo619

Last edited by bobo619 (November 24 2020)

#48 November 23 2020

RandomMemory

I was told that ogero has a problem and it's causing the speeds to dip a bit. Can't confirm nor deny tho

#49 November 23 2020

bobo619

RandomMemory wrote:

I was told that ogero has a problem and it's causing the speeds to dip a bit. Can't confirm nor deny tho

Are you facing slow downs?

Last edited by bobo619 (November 23 2020)

#50 November 23 2020

RandomMemory

I am facing a slowdown on a different microwave, 35% slower. Getting terranet WDSL 12mbps tomorrow tho. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 23 2020)

Board footer