LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3701 February 26 2020

Moudimadi

Re: Feedback for Ogero

ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
DNA wrote:

the speed you will get depends on your current line condition, your current speed will give you a basic idea how much will you on VDSL but you wont know until you get it anyways Ogero is hands down the company with the worst support team. I've been waiting for vdsl more than a year now, my company scrapped a potential deal with them because of their support

On adsl i have now like 15 Mbit download speed and 1 Mbit upload speed. You're right they have the worst support team ever! I don't know what to tell you. You know we're living in Lebanon :)

Did they switch Doha-Aramoun to VDSL?? Could you remind me of where you live or near what?

Hello, i live beside Dohat Aramoun Pharmacy. I sent my ID thru ogero's whatsapp number and i told them i want a change from adsl to vdsl. Till now nothing. I'm still waiting. Do you live in Doha-Aramoun too?

#3702 February 26 2020

HzSamer

Last Thursday, I found that the distance between my house and Mazraa central is around 700m So I sent a request for a VDSL feasibility test on Ogero Twitter account, they told me to call 1515. I called them and they told me they need to submit a request and it will take around 3 days to get a response and they advised me to visit the central for a faster response.

On Wednesday I visited them and they submit a request, the next day a guy came to do the test and he was very kind, on ADSL the result was 18Mbps/1Mbps and on VDSL it was 38Mbps/19Mbps. So, on Monday I called them to check the status of my application to move to the next step but the answered me: "You can't get VDSL and no one can".

So I went to the central and saw the manager, told him that my line support VDSL after testing it, and he sent a fax to change the ports from ADSL to VDSL and when I asked him when it will be ready he said: "I don't know".

Yesterday they called me to tell me that they changed the ports to VDSL but It will take some time for a "technical reason" and when I asked her should the VDSL works by Friday, she said yes.

So next week I will buy a VDSL router and see how much speed I will get.

So guys visit the central if you want to save some time and avoid the hassle.

#3703 February 26 2020

ahk40a

Moudimadi wrote:
ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

On adsl i have now like 15 Mbit download speed and 1 Mbit upload speed. You're right they have the worst support team ever! I don't know what to tell you. You know we're living in Lebanon :)

Did they switch Doha-Aramoun to VDSL?? Could you remind me of where you live or near what?

Hello, i live beside Dohat Aramoun Pharmacy. I sent my ID thru ogero's whatsapp number and i told them i want a change from adsl to vdsl. Till now nothing. I'm still waiting. Do you live in Doha-Aramoun too?

Yes I do, near LSES school. And I am quite sure that neither one of us has VDSL. The cabinets are not yet installed. They are not even working in the area.

I even had a tweet regarding the speed, and Imad Kreidieh told me to test the speed in the airport. hehe!

#3704 February 27 2020

xazbrat

ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
ahk40a wrote:

Yes I do, near LSES school. And I am quite sure that neither one of us has VDSL. The cabinets are not yet installed. They are not even working in the area.

I even had a tweet regarding the speed, and Imad Kreidieh told me to test the speed in the airport. hehe!

I am in Dohat Aramoun too, and I had open speed last month and the fastest speed I got from my line stats was a bit over 6 Mbit, but on speedtest it was 4.9 Mbit.  I have since switched to the 4 meg unlimited and it is stable about 93% of the time.  I even have a cat-6 cable from the telephone room to the apartment, but alas, even that gets affected by the elevator and the building well.  The building is not grounded and that would probably solve the problem, but too expensive to retrofit and do it properly.

I live at the beginning of Aramoun near Blom and no cabinets in sight.  There is only one I have seen in the area and that is sort at that sharp turn if you were to turn and go to Soussa from the main street--maybe 500 meters past it.

#3705 February 27 2020

DG

Anyone with Ogero randomly getting disconnected (PPP Link Down then PPP Link Up) and noticing their IP keeps changing ?

#3706 February 27 2020

wollyka

Moudimadi wrote:
DNA wrote:

the speed you will get depends on your current line condition, your current speed will give you a basic idea how much will you on VDSL but you wont know until you get it anyways Ogero is hands down the company with the worst support team. I've been waiting for vdsl more than a year now, my company scrapped a potential deal with them because of their support

I was getting 14 Mbits on adsl and 1 Mbits upload, now i am getting between 23 and 28 Mbits download on vdsl and 7 to 8 Mbits (they are capping uploads btw) depending on the load, day/night weekend/weekdays. (i am with IDM btw , Mazraa Centrale, i got VDSL like 11 months ago)

Last edited by wollyka (February 27 2020)

#3707 February 27 2020

wollyka

HzSamer wrote:

Last Thursday, I found that the distance between my house and Mazraa central is around 700m So I sent a request for a VDSL feasibility test on Ogero Twitter account, they told me to call 1515. I called them and they told me they need to submit a request and it will take around 3 days to get a response and they advised me to visit the central for a faster response.

On Wednesday I visited them and they submit a request, the next day a guy came to do the test and he was very kind, on ADSL the result was 18Mbps/1Mbps and on VDSL it was 38Mbps/19Mbps. So, on Monday I called them to check the status of my application to move to the next step but the answered me: "You can't get VDSL and no one can".

So I went to the central and saw the manager, told him that my line support VDSL after testing it, and he sent a fax to change the ports from ADSL to VDSL and when I asked him when it will be ready he said: "I don't know".

Yesterday they called me to tell me that they changed the ports to VDSL but It will take some time for a "technical reason" and when I asked her should the VDSL works by Friday, she said yes.

So next week I will buy a VDSL router and see how much speed I will get.

So guys visit the central if you want to save some time and avoid the hassle.

It will be great if you post your actual VDSL speed later. I am 850m away from Mazraa Centrale

#3708 February 27 2020

dio

Is there anyway to find out how far away you from the closest central? Like via ping or tracert or some form?

#3709 February 27 2020

Ya like jazz

dio wrote:

Is there anyway to find out how far away you from the closest central? Like via ping or tracert or some form?

Try this: speedguide.net/dsl_speed_calc.php
Probably not accurate on horrible standards and practices in Lebanon, assume the cable is shorter than calculated.

#3710 February 28 2020

HzSamer

wollyka wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
DNA wrote:

I was getting 14 Mbits on adsl and 1 Mbits upload, now i am getting between 23 and 28 Mbits download on vdsl and 7 to 8 Mbits (they are capping uploads btw) depending on the load, day/night weekend/weekdays. (i am with IDM btw , Mazraa Centrale, i got VDSL like 11 months ago)

What are the speeds you get in the router stats vs the actual ones?

Now on ADSL, the download speed in the router is 15Mbps but the actual one I am getting is 13Mbps.

I am thinking of moving to IDM because of the unlimited evening add-on but I am afraid of the capping.

#3711 February 28 2020

HzSamer

dio wrote:

I used google maps as a reference to check the distance between my home and the central.

#3712 February 28 2020

Moudimadi

wollyka wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
DNA wrote:

Hello,thank you for your reply. How did you get Vdsl? You talked to the Central Office? Still i didn't get mine. I applied since february 11 and till now i got nothing. Khalde central office told me to wait till 1 march and after. So i'm gonna wait and see.

#3713 February 28 2020

wollyka

HzSamer wrote:
wollyka wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

What are the speeds you get in the router stats vs the actual ones?

Now on ADSL, the download speed in the router is 15Mbps but the actual one I am getting is 13Mbps.

I am thinking of moving to IDM because of the unlimited evening add-on but I am afraid of the capping.

My max speed in the router and the actual speed are close /the same. No capping on Vdsl at least.

#3714 March 1 2020

Moudimadi

Hello, I called Ogero to make sure they switched me to VDSL. They said yes i got switched in 26 february. My modem is still on adsl2plus and im having the same speed i used to have on adsl. Even though i have a ADSL/VDSL modem. Asus one. They told me i should wait to 3 or 4 march so they could update the system and i'll have more speed. Is this normal?

#3715 March 1 2020

AVOlio

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello, I called Ogero to make sure they switched me to VDSL. They said yes i got switched in 26 february. My modem is still on adsl2plus and im having the same speed i used to have on adsl. Even though i have a ADSL/VDSL modem. Asus one. They told me i should wait to 3 or 4 march so they could update the system and i'll have more speed. Is this normal?

You need to switch it manually to vdsl on your router.

#3716 March 1 2020

Moudimadi

AVOlio wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

You need to switch it manually to vdsl on your router.

I did. Same. still adsl2plus. don't know why. And now im having problems on my internet. some websites aren't opening even instagram can't see stories and the feed. pictures keep loading. don't know if you guys have the same problem on ogero internet

#3717 March 1 2020

wollyka

They probably didn't switch you yet. If your connection stats is still saying adsl2, then you don't have VDSL.
On another note what modem do you have? N66?

Last edited by wollyka (March 1 2020)

#3718 March 1 2020

Moudimadi

wollyka wrote:

They probably didn't switch you yet. If your connection stats is still saying adsl2, then you don't have VDSL.

I have the asus Dsl-AC55U . I think it's dead today. Internet isn't working on it anymore. websites aren't opening, instagram pictures and stories always loading. whatsapp pictures loading. Today it happend. So i have an old one the tp-link vr400 i'm working on it now. everything's working fine on tplink, don't know what happend to asus. i factory default it. i installed the firmware again. same problem. I'm sad because my Asus modem was good. So now i'm on tplink and i have vdsl inside it too. Adsl/VDSL

#3719 March 2 2020

ahk40a

Moudimadi wrote:
wollyka wrote:

I have the asus Dsl-AC55U . I think it's dead today. Internet isn't working on it anymore. websites aren't opening, instagram pictures and stories always loading. whatsapp pictures loading. Today it happend. So i have an old one the tp-link vr400 i'm working on it now. everything's working fine on tplink, don't know what happend to asus. i factory default it. i installed the firmware again. same problem. I'm sad because my Asus modem was good. So now i'm on tplink and i have vdsl inside it too. Adsl/VDSL

I am having the same ASUS DSL-AC55U, I was suffering from disconnects when the electricity is back. Weird!

My question to you though is the following, how do you have VDSL??? or how are they telling you that you have VDSL? Dohat-Aramoun doesn't have Active Cabinets, we have an Active Room near the hair pin corner near Salon Rabii, Bazerkan, Salon Tala, Super Market Asaad. I recall you telling me that you are connected to it, but the distance is almost 1 KM, hence they can support VDSL but with a speed of max 25Mbps.

#3720 March 2 2020

wollyka

Moudimadi wrote:
wollyka wrote:

They probably didn't switch you yet. If your connection stats are still saying adsl2, then you don't have VDSL.

Maybe they switched to VDSL and so you need to change the settings manually. Can you check the modem stats in your TPlink to see if it is connected through adsl2+ or VDSL?

#3721 March 2 2020

Moudimadi

ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
wollyka wrote:

I am having the same ASUS DSL-AC55U, I was suffering from disconnects when the electricity is back. Weird!

My question to you though is the following, how do you have VDSL??? or how are they telling you that you have VDSL? Dohat-Aramoun doesn't have Active Cabinets, we have an Active Room near the hair pin corner near Salon Rabii, Bazerkan, Salon Tala, Super Market Asaad. I recall you telling me that you are connected to it, but the distance is almost 1 KM, hence they can support VDSL but with a speed of max 25Mbps.

They told me i could have vdsl because they said that the dslams in khaldeh central are all new. They said that. On adsl now i'm having a speed of 14 mbit download. 1 mbit upload. I'm waiting till they switch me to vdsl. When i call ogero they say that they switched you and you have to wait to 3 or 4 march to benefit from the speed. The second costumer support is telling me no they didn't switch you yet. They know nothing i swear.

#3722 March 2 2020

Moudimadi

wollyka wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
wollyka wrote:

They probably didn't switch you yet. If your connection stats are still saying adsl2, then you don't have VDSL.

Maybe they switched to VDSL and so you need to change the settings manually. Can you check the modem stats in your TPlink to see if it is connected through adsl2+ or VDSL?

I switched to vdsl2 in the modulation mode. Modem isn't turning on. it's still adsl2+

#3723 March 3 2020

dio

I was curious if I could get VDSL so I messaged the Ogero team on twitter via DM, they replied saying that yes I could and to email thepeople@ogero.gov.lb, so I did, they were very helpful, all they said I need to do is go to the centrale and buy a VDSL modem If i dont have one, and they will program it for me on the spot.

Im gonna go do that tomorrow morning. I currently have around 13-15 mb/s on ADSL, what do you think I could get when switching over to VDSL?

Last edited by dio (March 3 2020)

#3724 March 3 2020

Aly

dio wrote:

I was curious if I could get VDSL so I messaged the Ogero team on twitter via DM, they replied saying that yes I could and to email thepeople@ogero.gov.lb, so I did, they were very helpful, all they said I need to do is go to the centrale and buy a VDSL modem If i dont have one, and they will program it for me on the spot.

Im gonna go do that tomorrow morning. I currently have around 13-15 mb/s on ADSL, what do you think I could get when switching over to VDSL?

Did they do a feasibility test for your line and got back to you a couple of days later ?
Because I have done that before, my current ADSL line was reaching 16 mbps and I asked for VDSL, followed the same process you followed, my request was declined and it wasn't feasible. So double check with them to avoid ending up with buying a VDSL router for nothing.

#3725 March 3 2020

LifeEngineer

Guys,
On Ogero android app on my phone, the consumption shown is still from Yesterday 02/03/2020 at 10AM. Usually it updates each 3 hrs or so. Anyone facing same issue!?

Board footer