LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 25 2020

Azachariou

Looking for a stable connection - Jounieh Sahel Alma

My office is currently in downtown Jounieh, subbed to Ogero VDSL getting 40 Down/8 Up.
I'm looking for another provider because I want to move my office to Sahel Alma and the state of DSL up there is not acceptable.

So far all the options I have found offer microwave only which isn't stable enough for my use. Anybody here have any leads for me to follow?

Providers I've checked: Fiberwaves, iconnect

#2 January 31 2020

aRK0

Re: Looking for a stable connection - Jounieh Sahel Alma

BASIC ISP
Amazing speed and prices

#3 February 18 2020

TheSavior111

Re: Looking for a stable connection - Jounieh Sahel Alma

LMAO amazing speed? I am subbed to the UP TO (important to take notice of this wording) 4mbit plan (45$/mo) and the speed during the day is less than average which starts at 4-6 mbit at 10 am (more on why I started with 10 am later) and keeps going down till 1-1.3 mbit around 7-8 pm and stays like that (sometimes even goes down to 768kbps) till 12 am. And the speed in between, in the afternoon, is around 2-3 mbps. Now the reason as to why I started with 10 am is because there is a daily quota of around 2gb where if you surpass it you will be throttled to 512kbps. That daily quota resets at 12 am and from 12 am till 10 am the GB used is free, meaning your downloads during that time will not count towards the usage of that day following 10 am. Now the speeds from 12 am till 10 am is another story on its own, but to me its the only benefit of this ISP. Starting at 12 am the speed remains around 1.3 mbit and increases every hour to finally reach around 10 mbit at 4 am and it stays at that speed till 9 am after which it goes back down to 4-5 mbit and then goes back to the first cycle I mentioned above. I’ve been a customer of BASIC ISP since 2009 and I’ve pretty much been monitoring exactly how the internet works during that time, and to say that the way his internet plans work are, well,  interesting would be an understatement. Also I live in Sahel Alma and pretty much BASIC ISP is the only decent option there, but I’ve heard from a friend who lives in the upper half of Sahel Alma that has Ogero Open Speed DSL plan and gets a constant 6-7 mbit to his house, but I can’t really confirm that.

Board footer