LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 11 2020

Kareem

Ogero inaccurate data consumption

So this whole Ogero consumption thing on their website is just misleading.

They are charging me extra consumption each month although I upgraded from 100GB initially to 150 GB and finally to 200GB yet I still get extra consumption.

I closely monitored my consumption in November, where their website reported a consumption of 194 GB on the 30th of November yet, I got 11 GB extra consumption.

What I realized is that the number they report on their site is not your real time consumption. Back in time, they used to report the session time... It was like Your consumption until  date :x/x/x  Time xx:xx is XX GB.

I downloaded a 10GB file and it didn't show up on my account until 2 days later.

I wanted to share this with you so that you can stop relying on their misleading ( fraudulent ? ) system.

Last edited by Kareem (January 11 2020)

#2 January 11 2020

nuclearcat

Re: Ogero inaccurate data consumption

Maybe worth to run some script and poll DSL modem interface stats? And make detailed daily history and at least weekly compare it with Ogero counter.
Keep in mind, if there is real ip, you might get unwanted traffic, just because someone else sent it to real ip.

#3 January 11 2020

AVOlio

What you noticed is right, it's not real time.
And your consumption will show up in the website after one or two days of when you consumed that certain amount.
But me personally, I didn't notice any inaccuracy in numbers.

#4 January 11 2020

Kareem

nuclearcat wrote:

Maybe worth to run some script and poll DSL modem interface stats? And make detailed daily history and at least weekly compare it with Ogero counter.
Keep in mind, if there is real ip, you might get unwanted traffic, just because someone else sent it to real ip.

Unfortunately not really possible. My WAN interface consumption is reset when the connection is lost even if the modem is on.

ec053d5b3c4676ccea30a0bf85aa8dc9.jpg

AVOlio wrote:

What you noticed is right, it's not real time.
And your consumption will show up in the website after one or two days of when you consumed that certain amount.
But me personally, I didn't notice any inaccuracy in numbers.

If you're not a heavy user, you probably won't mind. But the whole purpose of the data consumption report is to give you the current values. When I need to know my consumption, it's basically to know if I can still use the service without extra charge.

Displaying the data without timestamp is meaningless.

Last edited by Kareem (January 11 2020)

#5 January 11 2020

nuclearcat

Kareem, why you didn't contact @ikreidieh on twitter about this matters?
Maybe they can improve this things with your data and feedback.

#6 January 11 2020

Kareem

well given the economical and political situation, I don't think they care that much to be honest.

#7 January 11 2020

nuclearcat

They do. At last i am quite sure @ikreidieh care.
At least try.

#8 January 13 2020

vengeance666

https://imgur.com/CZCumck

Well I guess they read this forum, and they listened to your concerns. This is a screenshot from my ogero consumption panel, and they added today the timestamp for consumption.

Last edited by vengeance666 (January 13 2020)

#9 January 14 2020

Kareem

Just logged in to post the same thing. Looks like someone from Ogero is reading.

03b7aec4fea5fc2141f5ac7e8a44faa4.png

His mr. undercover, thank you for this fast intervention.

#10 January 16 2020

ahk40a

I just came in to say the same, someone is reading, as such, could he or she inform us about the status of the deployment plan?

#11 January 31 2020

Kareem

It's called sucking it till the last bit.

ae1bdc5884c761effdbacb43869efacb.png

#12 February 1 2020

VincentKeyboard

Damn nice!

#13 February 1 2020

LifeEngineer

Kareem wrote:

It's called sucking it till the last bit.

https://i.gyazo.com/ae1bdc5884c761effdb … 9efacb.png

Haha nice job man! I have same plan but couldn't do this yesterday! I maybe left like 3GB unused :(

Board footer